Game-Labs Forum

Suspect alt/friend farming

Yesterday evening I dropped an eye to Light Ship weekly event leaderboard.

Can someone explain how is possible to sink 10 ships in 3 battles with 429 medium BR or 5 in 2 battles with 680 medium BR... using a PRIVATEER (or even lighter ship).

Please note this week event is for 7th rates and so privateer with her super 6x18pd carros is the a "biggest" ship available and 680 BR means sinking 1st and 2nd rates... 2/3 sunk in a single (max time 1hr30m) battle.

Incredible feats I even doubt possible firing all the time against AFK ships (damage output vs side HP wise).

"Thinking the worst is a sin, still you'll rarely end up being wrong" (G.Andreotti - italian politician).

IMG-20190102-WA0076.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Someone has figured out how to kill SOLs in a Cutter.  Had to happen eventually.  The ability for small ships to take on much larger ships has always been an annoyance in this game. 

Yes.

Please note we are not speaking about 1v1.

We are speaking of 3 1-2 rates killed in a single battle using a 7th rate.

33 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I went past a battle last night that was 40BR v 4192BR.  I doubt very much that a Player fleet of SOLs tagged a Cutter, so.....

This is not an exaggeration.  This has to be cutters tagging monster AI fleets.  He probably takes the whole 90 minutes to kill 3 of them.

Have a “friend” of another nation take some junk ships in fleet, manage crew in OW down to like 5 crew each. Privateer boards them = ez win. 

Even better, have the friend capture the AI first rates in a battle, and put them in fleet (because I think you can do this but they won’t leave battle with you). Privateer sinks the fleetships. 

Might even work if the “friend” is in your nation. Because even friendly kills show in combat news....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This is not an exaggeration.  This has to be cutters tagging monster AI fleets.  He probably takes the whole 90 minutes to kill 3 of them.

Again.

Biggest gun on 7th rate: 12/18 carro.

With full reload max dps per gun is 2. Max broadside count is 6 guns.

Therefore max dps is a bit higher than 12.

A Victory has more than 15000hp armor+structure.

Therefore in above noted case you need a minimum of 20-25 minutes to sink a Victory staying side to side never missing a shot.

So killing is math wise douable within the timer.

But.

In the meantime: almost never getting hit (how many 42 meds hit needed to sink a 7th rate) and never slowing down (= boarding) taking also into account minimum other 2 1/2 rates sometimes firing and firing while you move from one to another.

Then repeating the same feat in two-four times in a row.

Few situations are utterly impossible. May I say this is very close being so?

And could be reasonable thinking to a cutter tagging 3 friendly crappy 1/2 rates that will surrender and then got [X]+sink (guaranteeing 4/5000 doubs from event + often a nicely high amount of doubs drop on sinking?).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

@Licinio Chiavari, I was wondering that myself yesterday when I saw it.  

However, I will say that I’m not sure it’s just 7th rates in reality.  I came in 7th or something last week. And I strictly used my Prince all week.  

For what that’s worth.  

Last week event was for 6th rates

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Havelock said:

If that hasnt changed, boarding a ship and sinking it will always give the kill to the max damage dealer. Your friends on SOLs board AI and you go around shooting every ship once before boarding is won.

Quite big team effort ... And. I posted some "limits" of damage output. But surely douavle

Still a bit... Exploiting. I hope devs could rebalance a bit to reduce these.

😁

Edited by Licinio Chiavari

23 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Therefore in above noted case you need a minimum of 20-25 minutes to sink a Victory staying side to side never missing a shot.

This has got me thinking.  How hard would this be?  If you cuddle up to a 1st rate in your cutter/privateer and keep your speed matched, will he maintain course and allow you to work on it or will he turn into the wind and board.  You're immune to his broadside and I just don't know what the other AI are doing.  It may be doable.....boring as hell, but doable.

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This has got me thinking.  How hard would this be?  If you cuddle up to a 1st rate in your cutter/privateer and keep your speed matched, will he maintain course and allow you to work on it or will he turn into the wind and board.  You're immune to his broadside and I just don't know what the other AI are doing.  It may be doable.....boring as hell, but doable.

I got a 7th mission to kill a 5th rate for a shiny silver chest.

I prepared a wo/wo privateer carro reps/reload modded.

The 5th rate ended being an Indefetigable.

It required 40+ minutes hugging to work his side and structure. And I got quite damage too: we know AIs dont go straight and very often close haul and tack... So I had to speed up, tack ahead and get back in position (not losing bowsprint) to avoid boarding risk but this way being at distance and having to eat a broadside while closing again.

It was clearly douable with not big risks still it's less easy than described due to very limited errors allowed (like collision risk) and I would underline that AIs are not crappy at all firing to small targets. And they depower from leeward so few guns on lower deck hit (hard).

Moreover after a tack you have to hug on leeward side... Getting more hits, or swapping side, making the work far longer.

Also granted this experience I looked to these feats (from unknown people in PVP/pz) with suspicion.

@admin opinions?