Game-Labs Forum

No more silent promotions

The promotions you get when you have collected enough XP for the next rank are somehow hidden, until you have a look at your current rank.

My suggestion is to open a window during game ( most likely after battle), where it says something like: "Congratulations, you have now reached rank XYZ and are now able to command YYY crew."

Maybe it can even appear in Nation chat, like the passing of the exam.

• Like 15

I like the idea, always felt something missing when you earn a rank. If it was up to me they made a cinmatic when you got to habor. A admiral in all his glory thanking you for your service to the nation. Lots of bla bla bla. Then he promote you and then reguest and demand you take sea on the * inset ship name. They you get a ship that fits your new rank. A ship with all the best Wood and upgrades and cannons to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Released Privateer said:

The spam of ranking up in nation chat would be real if we ever get better online. Everything else is good suggestion.

Though I can see putting it in Clan chat so your clan mates know you ranked up and can help you into a new ship or what not.

I always thought it would be good to have a message like, "Return to port to receive your new rank from Admiralty."  While field promotions where a thing, they normally happen during battles and having to replace some injured or killed, most of the promotions where things where you return to base to receive them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Released Privateer said:

The spam of ranking up in nation chat would be real if we ever get better online. Everything else is good suggestion.

It's no worse than the trade offer spam in global chat. We have a trade chat for a reason ya know, don't give me excuses on how it's not the same, it should be the same or else why does it exist.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:24 AM, Released Privateer said:

Trade chat is just for each port, hardly connects any players or allows any trade deals with NA community :) Players just x for trade.

that's why you see only x's in trade chat, while in global you see buy/sell offers constantly. Global works better for trade than actual trade chat does.

Edited by Slim McSauce