Game-Labs Forum

I have noticed how we have all sorts of combat modules, and thought it might be good to add in some modules for economy type players as well.  If there are any other suggestions as well, I'd encourage people to add them - however, I do request this thread not get off topic.

Ideas:

"Load the Gundecks" - Increase cargo capacity of a vessel by 20%.  Reduce cannon reload speed by 20%

"Skeleton Crew" - Increase cargo capacity 20%.  Reduce max crew 50%

"Fishing Poles" - Increase drop rate while fishing.

"Cargo Master" - Reduce speed penalties for cargo by 50%

And, this is really useful for both, but with AI getting ready to attack players:

"False Flags" - Reduce distance Open World AI will engage a player by 50%

Edited by Iroquois Confederacy
  • Like 15

I'd like to see upgrades like "Harpoons", "Whaleboats" and "Trywork" to refit a ship into a Whaler. Could be an interesting alternative to trading. It could work like fishing but only be available in certain zones around the map where whalers can catch their prey, hunt other whalers or be hunted themselves. Like economic patrol zones, that could also rotate or be permanent.

Anyways nice suggestion, I hope @admin considers it.

14 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

I'd like to see upgrades like "Harpoons", "Whaleboats" and "Trywork" to refit a ship into a Whaler. Could be an interesting alternative to trading. It could work like fishing but only be available in certain zones around the map where whalers can catch their prey, hunt other whalers or be hunted themselves. Like economic patrol zones, that could also rotate or be permanent.

Anyways nice suggestion, I hope @admin considers it.

I do remember a post about revamping fishing (and whaling) as an "active" action and not a simply passive one.

It could interesting as alternative PvE activity.

• Like 2

Fishing is an overlooked part of the game. There could be more to fish (including whales) than just provisions for ships, but on it's own provision are actually pretty valuable, even so much so that we have building dedicated for them. So why not turn that into some fishing content? A fishing dedicated ship with fishing/trader modules. Fish always selling to ports and to players, a great base for the economy that isn't the usual killing AI, or reselling materials back to market after you harvest them.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

What is the use of more modules when you have still 5 slots to fill

1 fleet, 2 carronades, 3 double shot,  4trimming, 5 expert carpenter,  i have had always the same fit , and the costs to change them is just to high so...?  so what's the use of having more 

it will be useful if you put it all stuck to a ship class and where settings don't change if you take another ship type.

the officers and captains knowledge are underdeveloped that's true,

and need more options to choose from.for example 7,6 rate 5 slots  5,4rate 7slots 3 ,2,1, rate 10 slots .(for example) 

but on the counterpart, that means also that what i can choose is not the knowledge i have in the game for certain ships.

every change of taking another kind of ship means also i have to buy a new perk permit and that is weird.

i also believe that certain perks need to go like the fleet perk, Defence drill, area control just to give some examples ...

we also need more kinds of officers on board (a merchant is the other person in command than the captain of the ship) in the days of sail there was not only one the captain , but a split command structure something what  is totally not introduced in the game at all, but was a significant part of command structure of that era.

what we see at the moment is the command structure of a fishing vessel.

we already have a lot to choose but not the option to use them.

basically, a complete overhaul is needed.

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

What is the use of more modules when you have still 5 slots to fill

1 fleet, 2 carronades, 3 double shot,  4trimming, 5 expert carpenter,  i have had always the same fit , and the costs to change them is just to high so...?  so what's the use of having more 

it will be useful if you put it all stuck to a ship class and where settings don't change if you take another ship type.

you miss the point, modules go on ships and ship can become fishing vessels with the right mods but you'd put in on the ship with the most cargo like a barge.

This is a good idea and deserves consideration even though it's not a priority atm. A few mods can be added very quickly and you'd feel immediate improvement and that kind of cost to benefit value is too high to pass up.

Edited by Slim McSauce

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2018 at 9:14 AM, Slim McSauce said:

Fishing is an overlooked part of the game. There could be more to fish (including whales) than just provisions for ships, but on it's own provision are actually pretty valuable, even so much so that we have building dedicated for them. So why not turn that into some fishing content? A fishing dedicated ship with fishing/trader modules. Fish always selling to ports and to players, a great base for the economy that isn't the usual killing AI, or reselling materials back to market after you harvest them.

I'd advise caution to any activity that can create reals out of afk thin air.

there isn't imho any real benefit to reworking fishing as it is at the moment. It's a solid option for anybody who wants to do it right now

I'd rather see dedicated missions for traders to try their luck in, freeport trade missions , created by the players who want materials > creating the work for traders who want the rewards and the challenges

person creates a contract for goods they want, player b takes contract , fills it and gets rewarded. Mimicking  the euro traders system sort of

just my thoughts

• Like 1