Game-Labs Forum

It's Time to Sail

JDAM

Hello everyone,

Wanted to write a quick thread as we've all seen the lower pop levels, the salt, and from the changes/adjustments we have been going through in our favorite naval action simulator.   The reason I am writing this is because I believe *most* of the issues that we had with Patch 27 are behind us.  For the most part @admin has indeed listened to the community after all and adjusted the drops in a very healthy and productive way that allows everyone to actually build themselves and their clans again which brings me to the title: It's Time to Sail!

Over the last 3 days RDMP has amassed over 40,000 doubloons.  That is RVR level money.  It's time for every clan to do so.  How are we getting these great numbers?  Through the consistent and thorough interdiction of 3rd rate and larger fleets on the high seas.  On average we have been pulling 3,000-10,000 doubloons per fleet which is a very healthy number and will allow any clan to build themselves and prepare for future conflicts and hostilities within the global NA world.  This will also very quickly get the doubloon to the 10 real price point within a very short period of time.

I believe that a lot of the reasons for our salt as a gamer community have been removed.  We may still have the teleport fee, but I think things are getting to a place where the game doesn't feel so difficult as it did at the drop of Patch 27.  I think once trading is polished a little bit with the coming patches we will be able to earn real in a healthy way again as well.  I know all of our vets can go find 3rd rate fleets or larger, sink/destroy and gain doubloons, rare skill books, ect and more.  The drops don't seem over the top, they seem very appropriate for the work put in on each battle and most of all it feels rewarding and fulfilling.   We were all grinding our ships and getting books/loot before patch 27, you just need to prep a little more, get your ships in outposts near the areas you want to hunt and then goto town.

I hope some may feel encouraged by this to return to the game, you can truly make money again and build your fleets in a sustainable manner over the long term.  Hope to see you all out there at sea!

Edited by Hemp Amore
  • Like 9

Bro 40,000 out the ass and that's not even a lot of money. I run a 2 person clan and we have 20k dbloons in the warehouse right now. You're hello kittying trash my guy see me on the battlefield and get your ship wiped up and down side to side. Don't even let me see you or any of your RDMP buttbuddies near cton (the hub of all rvr), we'll make you wish you stayed in bed.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Bro 40,000 out the ass and that's not even a lot of money. I run a 2 person clan and we have 20k dbloons in the warehouse right now. You're hello kittying trash my guy see me on the battlefield and get your ship wiped up and down side to side. Don't even let me see you or any of your RDMP buttbuddies near cton (the hub of all rvr), we'll make you wish you stayed in bed.

Those are noob numbers you really need to pump them up.  I said we earned 40k in 2 days, that is a lot of doubloons.  I don't know what you're smoking mate :)  And you really don't want us to bring our fleet up to CT so please don't inspire me!  You already got your hands full with VCO.

Edited by Hemp Amore
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Dont want to talk you down but thats not much in RvR aswell. It's not even 1 10x1st rate fleet that you need for hostility

You're missing the point if that's how you took that.  40k is a lot for 2 days work, you look at that over the course of a month and you could amass around 200k or more.  Which is more than enough to fund a few wars.  

• Like 2

Let me just get this straight....

This is the point he is trying to get across:

11 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

I hope some may feel encouraged by this to return to the game, you can truly make money again and build your fleets in a sustainable manner over the long term.  Hope to see you all out there at sea!

And these are your answers:

6 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

Dont want to talk you down but thats not much in RvR aswell. It's not even 1 10x1st rate fleet that you need for hostility

You guys are all amazing 😂

• Like 9

Personally I see no change that have change my mind. I am done with RvR. So for me what is left are some PvP. Not going to grind to get dbl’s soe I just stay on my herc and log in and play when there is a shallow patrolezone. 

Thank god for my Dlc otherwise I proberbly wouldn’t play at all. But hope in time to sail on other ships and we actually in time get a good RvR game. But doubt it as long as they contiuin as they are right now. But glad you have adapted to the game and enjoy it again.

Fair wind and good speed to you.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wyy said:

from what I can tell the first rates and 2nd rates are way to cheap by the rate people are getting doubloons

Ok guess it just is me. I still can’t buy 1 rate. So what are we on 5 weeks now. Guess one every 6-8 weeks is cheap.

3 minutes ago, staun said:

Ok guess it just is me. I still can’t buy 1 rate. So what are we on 5 weeks now. Guess one every 6-8 weeks is cheap.

You can cap an LGV in approx. 10 mins....  LGV's AVERAGE ~1000 doubloons each...   

Certainly not the most exciting game-play.  But if you need ships quickly, there ya go....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wyy said:

from what I can tell the first rates and 2nd rates are way to cheap by the rate people are getting doubloons

Wrong.  It takes a TEAM of people to pull these levels of doubloons, it is very difficult to solo sink 10 ship 3rd & 1st rate fleets, and doubloons are supposed to be plentiful.  They were never supposed to be a scarce resource and it still takes several battles to earn enough to build a 1st rate.   Not to mention doubloons are not used for just building ships, they're also used for buying upgrades, modules, permits, reset perks and more. That's just more of the same lack of perspective/closed mindedness we've seen that made the initial patch 27 a huge time suck and not fun.   

11 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

You can cap an LGV in approx. 10 mins....  LGV's AVERAGE ~1000 doubloons each...   

Certainly not the most exciting game-play.  But if you need ships quickly, there ya go....

Not to mention good source of ship building mats... I've capped 1000 white oak in a few traders which is plenty o plankin' for several ships :)

• Like 3

Just now, Hemp Amore said:

Not to mention good source of ship building mats... I've capped 1000 white oak in a few traders which is plenty o plankin' for several ships :)

Someone did not receive those in their contracts :) 

well done sir, that's how it's done. +1

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I actually have tried 5 traders since ppl said the drop was good. No luck for me. Neither am I going to grind Ai’ s got dbl.

Just now, Released Privateer said:

I heard that Tutan has collected 250k doubloons alone and I saw a pirate capturing AI LGV with 6k dubs. Enough said.

Yep.

Important is to look to the average fellow, 2 hours a day, day in day out.

And that balance is getting okay.

Just now, Wraith said:

Re. sinking AI traders with goods on them, has it been 100% confirmed that's how it works?

I know we have been clamoring for it to work this way in order to effect some kind of economic warfare but I'm still unconvinced that the goods don't still drop, just irregularly according to the arcane schedule/system that @admin put in place and so it just "feels" like it might be working that way?

Let me believe it does... please! Don't spoil my game :P

• Like 3

Just a little comment: besides the good doubloons drops, i see an increase in the quality of ships captured too: yesterday i got a indefatigable purple, sabicu, good hope refit, last week a gold tbrig and another purple lgv. 

It is time to invest in capture ships too, boys. Never saw such rate like this and i like a lot to capture ships!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hemp Amore said:

In order to come back I need some of this to be fixed

On 12/16/2018 at 12:25 AM, Trashumi Cubanwara said:

1.-Like batman said:

Time to invest ≠ fun

2.-RvR is done 

3.-PvP balance

4.-Lack of main content

5.-Lack of information/communication with community.

6.-Devs hiding info of the hotfixes

7.-Takes months to fix exploits/bugs

8.-Bad implementation of the DLC model (IMO)

9.-0 solutions to new player retention

10.-IMO Devs dont know what kind of game they want/they are making

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wyy said:

Indeed, having enough dbls and material for 1st and 2nd rates should require a lot of work, at least from 5 ppl. A single person can do it now too easily. IMO it should take 3-5 times as long for 1-2 rates, and they should only be built from the admiralty. At least imo.

58 minutes ago, staun said:

I actually have tried 5 traders since ppl said the drop was good. No luck for me. Neither am I going to grind Ai’ s got dbl.

Lay off the LGV, it is a rare thing to get dbls from them, but when you do, yes it can be a lot. Almost 90% of trader snows and trader brigs seem to have 1500 dbls. LGVs seem to have dbls only about 15% of the time.

25 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Indeed, having enough dbls and material for 1st and 2nd rates should require a lot of work, at least from 5 ppl. A single person can do it now too easily. IMO it should take 3-5 times as long for 1-2 rates, and they should only be built from the admiralty. At least imo.

Lay off the LGV, it is a rare thing to get dbls from them, but when you do, yes it can be a lot. Almost 90% of trader snows and trader brigs seem to have 1500 dbls. LGVs seem to have dbls only about 15% of the time.

Oh I have l given up. No dbl for me. But thats ok. Herc and 5 rate are nice ships.

Edited by staun
  • Like 1