Game-Labs Forum

I am impressed!!!

MarkShot

Darth,

I have played your mods for RTW1 and STW2.

I only saw your departure notice as I was a late comer to the TW series.

I have been on the Madminute Games team that did Take Command and Scourge of War.  I have been on the Command Ops team which did:  HTTR, COTA, BFTB (WWII realtime operational combat), and I was an investor and team member of AGEOD which did:  AACW and ACW2 (and many others).  I must say I am really impressed with what you have here.

It got it for $9 USD, but at $30 without bloodsucking DLC for each battle ... it is a gem.  I have been learning the ropes playing Bull Run/1st. Manasas.  I have been having a panic.  What a joy.  Maybe Robert E. Lee was wrong when he said, " It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."

I wish you all the success.  Take CA down a peg or two!

Merry Christmas.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MarkShot said:

I have been on the Madminute Games team that did Take Command and Scourge of War.  I have been on the Command Ops team which did:  HTTR, COTA, BFTB (WWII realtime operational combat),

Take Command, Scourge of War and the Command Ops series (always wished for a 3D map for Command Ops, similar to that in the new Armored Brigade game) have given me hours and hours of first rate game-play! Ultimate General: Civil War has provided the same for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkShot said:

Darth,

I have been on the Madminute Games team that did Take Command and Scourge of War.  I have been on the Command Ops team which did:  HTTR, COTA, BFTB (WWII realtime operational combat), and I was an investor and team member of AGEOD which did:  AACW and ACW2 (and many others).  I must say I am really impressed with what you have here.

It got it for $9 USD, but at $30 without bloodsucking DLC for each battle ... it is a gem.  I have been learning the ropes playing Bull Run/1st. Manasas.  I have been having a panic.  What a joy.  Maybe Robert E. Lee was wrong when he said, " It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."

Merry Christmas.

Thank you a lot for your very kind and encouraging message! I am very glad that I joined Game-Labs team and together we made, so far, games that strategy fans enjoy to play. 

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I never even knew there was a Darthmod for rome 1 

Yes, there is.  v9.01 for Rome+BI and Alexander.  I played it, but prefer Roma Surrectum v3.1, and will also play Europa Barborum v1.32.  DM was an earlier Mod than the other two, he had left the scene already.  The other two are quite a bit more "total".  My first exposure to his work was the purchase of STW2, and I only play with DM 5.1.  It adds more than any other mods out there for Shogun2 and is high customizable through a configurator.

I am aware there is the Radius Mods/Team and they do fine work.  I have not tried any of their stuff.  This is because you really need to pay (be my patron) for full access.  There is a fine line between sharing the love of your hobby and being monetarily compensated.  I have spent many hours adding to the global gaming community since Falcon 3 and asked for nothing.  I think we would all be a lot poorer if every modder/guide writer wanted cash.

With that said, I was an equity holder in AGEOD.  I liked the initial product:  BOA.  (The artwork of Sandra Duval and the genius of Philippe Thibaut the creator of EU1.)  I believe Nick has taken the right route to be paid for what he loves; going into a serious independent business; not piggy backing on some other developer.  I will pay him for quality games, but will not buy mods.

50 minutes ago, LAVA said:

Hi Mark!

Been awhile... hope you are well!

Howdy, Ray!

Yes, a long time.  I am not on the Beech, but left NJ, USA for Taiwan, China five years ago.  (If you live here, you will know that I just made a very contentious statement "Taiwan, China" and not simply "Taiwan".)  My position is that Taiwan is part of China.  I do believe the Taiwanese are entitled to advocate for political independence of their island, but this idea of them not being ethnically and racially Chinese is nonsense.  It would be like the USA colonies asserting that they were not culturally British.  No founding father of the USA had even been born in the colonies.

I completed my very first game (yes on easy with RB mod).  Wow!

Very intuitive UI for the most part.  After having play Take Command it wasn't really a stretch.

I think the turning point for me as the Union holding Henry Hill was capturing a Reb supply wagon with my cavalry.

I don't think I would have been able to stop Johnston's counter attack without it.

Huzah!

• 5 months later...
On 12/22/2018 at 2:47 PM, MarkShot said:

Darth,

Merry Christmas.

It's only now I put all the ends together myself and learned that Nick is Darthmod! :D After learning that I googled your name and read some articles I could find. I'm impressed!

I used to play the TW series up to Rome (I remember mostly RTR, EB and offcourse Darthmod, duh!), but I ended up ignoring the series thereafter. Mostly because I couldn't bear the wait for the community to help "improve" the, in my eyes, lacklustre vanilla-game. Blatant historical flaws (too many for me to enjoy the games anyway, there's a limit to flavouring/spicing things up for gameplay, or there should be!) and a battle and campaign-AI that even my granny could beat. I've been a big fan of Ageod and Phillipe his work ever since, to stay within the same niche-genre (and to some extent of Paradox, at least before they became this heavy wallet/DLC oriented, they had a great modding community as well, I'm using had because I no long follow them). On a side note, Stardock made some truly marvellous games as well.

But, it was only about a week or so I discovered about Ultimate General! I'm not a big reader/youtuber/reditter/etc., I've got no friends who game anymore and I haven't got as much spare-time to game in comparison to when I was a student (about the time of TW:Rome), so sometimes I discover games only years after they're released :D But wow, have I been impressed with what I've seen so far. Within 24 hours of buying Gettysburg I ended up buying Civil War as wel (the bigger scope/campaign is big yay). And there's more to come!

And so know I learned that you are the famous Darthmod-guy from my student days! Haven read some interviews now, I must say, I'm happy for you that your chosen path lead you to truly become a game-designer. Lastly I will add that these two games have impressed me and I will be enjoying them for some time to come.

Edited by Lucasiewicz
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  On 12/22/2018 at 9:47 AM, MarkShot said:

Darth,

It got it for $9 USD, but at $30 without bloodsucking DLC for each battle ... it is a gem.  I have been learning the ropes playing Bull Run/1st. Manasas.  I have been having a panic.  What a joy.  Maybe Robert E. Lee was wrong when he said, " It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."

Merry Christmas.

It's only now I put all the ends together myself and learned that Nick is Darthmod! :D After learning that I googled your name and read some articles I could find. I'm impressed!

I used to play the TW series up to Rome (I remember mostly RTR, EB and offcourse Darthmod, duh!), but I ended up ignoring the series thereafter. Mostly because I couldn't bear the wait for the community to help "improve" the, in my eyes, lacklustre vanilla-game. Blatant historical flaws (too many for me to enjoy the games anyway, there's a limit to flavouring/spicing things up for gameplay, or there should be!) and a battle and campaign-AI that even my granny could beat. I've been a big fan of Ageod and Phillipe his work ever since, to stay within the same niche-genre (and to some extent of Paradox, at least before they became this heavy wallet/DLC oriented, they had a great modding community as well, I'm using had because I no long follow them). On a side note, Stardock made some truly marvellous games as well.

But, it was only about a week or so I discovered about Ultimate General! I'm not a big reader/youtuber/reditter/etc., I've got no friends who game anymore and I haven't got as much spare-time to game in comparison to when I was a student (about the time of TW:Rome), so sometimes I discover games only years after they're released :D But wow, have I been impressed with what I've seen so far. Within 24 hours of buying Gettysburg I ended up buying Civil War as wel (the bigger scope/campaign is big yay). And there's more to come!

And so know I learned that you are the famous Darthmod-guy from my student days! Haven read some interviews now, I must say, I'm happy for you that your chosen path lead you to truly become a game-designer. Lastly I will add that these two games have impressed me and I will be enjoying them for some time to come.

• Like 1