Game-Labs Forum

I know every one hates the words wipe no matter when and how it's mention but we are at a all time low on the game player wise and with holidays and new year maybe it's time to do a soft wipe.  This way we can test the econ without having stock piles of goods. I got so much stuff saved up right now from old system I can craft ships for days and not run out of anything but the crafting woods for certain builds.

Maybe it's time to make this game officially BETA.  Do a soft wipe, give some nifty prize (The Pandora) let use test thing on a clean slate until game released.  Than folks won't be so upset when the finally wipe comes as they aren't sitting on over a year worth of stuff.  

You can even do like you did on test and offer a few notes of certain ships for those that activity stick around and test things until release.  

We can keep the PvE server the same so as not to upset folks that just want to PvE and play with AI.  

• Like 3

It might've been smart to do testing cycles with previously announced duration and wipe dates with rewards for those who participate. Instead we have a game that plays as if it was already released. I feel like it's way too late for this. No matter what or when things are wiped many players will be annoyed by it. Specially with something like this idea. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

It might've been smart to do testing cycles with previously announced duration and wipe dates with rewards for those who participate. Instead we have a game that plays as if it was already released. I feel like it's way too late for this. No matter what or when things are wiped many players will be annoyed by it. Specially with something like this idea. 

Its true that many would be annoyed and some would leave the game.  But we would also probably gain many who have been on the sideline.  And frankly, any of the Old Guard who might leave the game would eventually feel the itch and come back. 

• Like 1

Wipe, reset the map and start from scratch. I'm good with that. I think it will allow better quality data and feedback. 

Sure some are going to get upset. That's bound to happen anyway. Devs already stated another wipe will come before release. If they cry now or cry later what's the difference. The most important thing at this point is making a good quality product. So whatever needs to happen to do that I'm good.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

If they do this, game is going to lose a LOT of players. I guarantee you that.

So think twice before posting something maybe...

Actually I was right now player count is pretty low across all time zones. 

If we had even say 800 to 1200 max players I would be more cautious a about backing this horse. However with max 300 ish on at any given time really how many more do we have to lose. Impact is fairly minimal at this time and a fresh start may inject some new blood and actually encourage higher player. Count long term.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jack Lowe said:

If we had even say 800 to 1200 max players I would be more cautious a about backing this horse. However with max 300 ish on at any given time really how many more do we have to lose. Impact is fairly minimal at this time and a fresh start may inject some new blood and actually encourage higher player. Count long term.

This makes no sense to be honest... having 300 and losing 100 is clearly worse. We were at 500 before patch 27 and look at what that did. Still fail to see what a partial or soft wipe would achieve right now anyway. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack Lowe said:

Low player numbers are caused by recent changes in currencies, and MAYBE by announcing the BIG WIPE too soon by developers. Bringing old guards back into game is needed, which are having a break right now, and not some "fresh blood".

Right now like @Wraith stated, this discussion is meaningless, because there is no need for some MINI Wipe .

44 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

If they do this, game is going to lose a LOT of players. I guarantee you that.

So think twice before posting something maybe...

all 5 of them, sure. But I'd come back!

I'm all for a wipe, I almost prefer that they wipe now and then the full wipe on release. 

Edited by Galt

8 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Don't remember. You get ship notes, a ton of repairs, prolly cash and naval clock.

Redeemables or not, it will get wiped and you get to do it all again.

Are you sure of that?  The tutorial is tied to your account, not your character.  It may be that a wipe would not allow you to get the tutorial rewards again.  Its all speculation at this point, I think