Game-Labs Forum

Trading update patch - coming soon.

36 minutes ago, SnovaZdorowa said:

100 reals / dbln ? lol. forget

Tell this to the whole server, they set the price. You should write on global that they're wrong, and you're right :) 

edit: or better yet, set a sell contract for better price eg. in KPR or LT, and I'll happily buy Doubloons from you :) 

Edited by vazco

20 hours ago, koltes said:

Great news about hubs, however I find this information quite insufficient as the question raised quite complex.

1. How many hubs are there planned to be and their locations?
2. Will their stores be linked with other trade hubs like it was proposed (you could buy sell in one hub while docked in the other (delivery still physical)?
3. Will players be able to create player made delivery missions for other players to take?
4. When you say "resources" are those just trade goods that have nothing to do with player consumption or are they resources that players consume, e.g. to craft ships?
5. If those resources that needed for crafting what are the plans to make them available to weaker nations (linked trade hubs would sort this issue out of course if you are going to make this happen)? Example: Spain is a strong nation and is able to snatch required crafting resources from all regions. Dutch is not so strong nation and is not able to sufficiently acquire resources to be competitive. What are the options Dutch will have?

Great questions! Love #3 idea!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You can do it, but its boring.  Find a place with a high instance of AI Traders and just keep hitting them.  They don't all have doubloons but enough do, so that you could easily make 4-5K Doubloons in an hour.  It takes 5 mins to cap an AI TBrig.

OMG that's the evil reincarnation of boredom :blink::wacko:

• Like 2

When the population is really low, I will hunt AI traders outside of rare goods ports (copper/teak etc). With a 6th rate hunt mission in my journal and the chance to get a bunch of doubloons or rare goods, its something to kill an hour.  Do it in a LGVR and its a matter of seconds to take  a TBrig.  You never know...Players have to go there too....

• Like 1

@admin Are there any plans for mechanics that allow clans to expand and build their ports into big trading hubs? For example if your clan owns a region you can build roads to the region capital to increase its production ( would promote RvR by giving minor ports some meaning ) or if your clan owns a copper port you could expand the copper mine to increase the copper ingot droprate?

oyiKrn.jpg

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 2:55 AM, vazco said:

@admin those are possibly nice changes, however two things are missing:

1. if you link profit to length of sailing, you will promote boring AFK sailing. It would be better to create a few very lucrative trade routes, which everyone knows about, which can be raided. Then risk = reward, not work = reward. It's better setup for the game

I am pretty sure when agressive AI will make a comeback soon, your mentionend "AFK sailing" will be a thing of the past !

You always have to look in grand schemes because different patches will affect each other...

4 hours ago, Sir Max Magic said:

I am pretty sure when agressive AI will make a comeback soon, your mentionend "AFK sailing" will be a thing of the past !

Boring AFK sailing will be replaced with boring and extremely annoying sailing and defence tagging, followed by me quitting trading altogether. Like many others, I don't enjoy fighting AI. This change is so controversial it's safe to assume it won't stay - people will hate it. EDIT: people already hated it when it was here.

Creating trade routes on which players would interact is a way to go, as it creates a real content. Not some pointless fight with AI.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 3

On 12/21/2018 at 6:40 PM, Palatinose said:

OMG that's the evil reincarnation of boredom :blink::wacko:

Hi Pala, killing AI to get doubloons is boring but it works fine and I find it better to be bored than to be annoyed by the ganking in the patrolzone. Patrolzone reminds me of NAlegends - a game I find so boring that I never would play it again. And the ROE of the patrol zone is not working.

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 11:44 AM, Sir Loorkon said:

Hi Pala, killing AI to get doubloons is boring but it works fine and I find it better to be bored than to be annoyed by the ganking in the patrolzone. Patrolzone reminds me of NAlegends - a game I find so boring that I never would play it again. And the ROE of the patrol zone is not working.

Hey :) as I am like you mostly running solo at the moment, yeah patrol zones aren't much fun. As soon as you have two friends it's okay, alone I think it's difficult. 

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Palatinose said:

Hey :) as I am like you mostly running solo at the moment, yeah patrol zones aren't much fun. As soon as you have ins ir two friends it's okay, alone I think it's difficult. 

Good to hear that you are out there, I miss our chats😉.

The other thing with the patrolzone is that I miss the OW feeling. Sailing out alone in OW to find the unexpected, that's the thrill for me. Sometimes a good fight, sometimes a gank, sometimes nothing. In patrolzone I expect and find an annoying gank. But you are right, maybe as a part of an group it might feel different.

But to stay on topic, I am leveling some ships for my new US account atm and I can confirm that the doubloon drop from AI warships and traders is really high. Playing 3-4 hours gives 7500-10000 doubloons and some rare books or upgrades or wood. I level 4 and 5th rates, so the amount would even be higher by using leveled 1st rates.

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 3

The 4-5 tradeships i capped on saturday resulted in 6000 dubloons for me (2 hours of playing, in that time i also accidentally tagged a player-reno in my lgv and got 672 dubloons from its cargo)... i'd say dubloons can hardly be called rare or hard to come by?

I'm not even looking for dubloons anymore, I want a trader loaded with rare woods ... and all i get is dubloons! 😛

• Like 1

I simply need to try traders again. I kill 5 traders an see what na have for me. I will make an Update here later.

I did it. Gave a bit more than last I tryed.

Gb trader snow fir log

Dutch LGV 715 dbl

Dutch LGV Coal

Gb LGV 600 dbl

Dutch LGV 1175 Dbl

total 2490 time spend 1440-1706.

Honnest better than expected. But man was I close to blow my own head of.

Edited by staun

5 minutes ago, staun said:

I simply need to try traders again. I kill 5 traders an see what na have for me. I will make an Update here later.

Hint.  If you cap a trader which is heading towards a port, it may have goods aboard.  I have found that traders who are leaving a port have a better chance of carrying Doubloons. 

On 12/21/2018 at 3:03 AM, vazco said:

I'm pretty sure your labour hours represent slaves - after all, you get free work without paying for it :) For labour contracts at least you have to pay for the work which is performed ;)

When we first got the labor offices you can make LC at I notice the ports where a lot of the main slave trade hubs of that time.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I recently lost one clan member, this guy was interested in trading and crafting gameplay. The guy sailed 4 trader brigs from south hispaniola to Panama, a pretty long dam trip if you ask me, and was rewarded with only 240.000 reals.

He was so shocked after this experience that his last words were "This game is all about combat, there is no place for traders and crafters here".

• Like 1