Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Trading update patch - coming soon.

Recommended Posts

Hello Captains

Here is the information on the trading update patch.

  • Every region will provide trading opportunities in unique resources specific to the region.
    • For example resources unique for the Hispaniola region will only be available in Hispaniola.
  • Trading prices will depend on distance from the source. The further from the destination you take the resource the bigger profit will be (even on the basic goods)
  • Local goods become important part of the economy. Trading hubs will provide more trading or crafting resources if supplied by local goods.
    • For example - bringing livestock from the nearby ports to the trading hub will help the port to produce more white oak. 
  • Common European goods will be introduced and will provide modestly profitable trading opportunities based on distance (horses, porcelain etc.)
  • Rare more expensive European goods will spawn as usual and will provide good profits at medium distances and great profits if you sell them at distance hubs.

The main difference with the old system are:

  • More immersion and realism in creation of the trade routes and triangular trades. You will be able to find a working trade route and exploit it for your advantage.
  • Resources will not feel random anymore - if you want a particular crafting good you can increase its output by supplying the port. Want pearls? - they are always in San Juan. 
  • Distance based pricing. No more extremely profitable 5 min routes. 
  • More influence on conquest. Hubs will matter more for taxes and control over resources.
  • Like 33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i saw a update ,is this the patch from today?

 

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Released Privateer said:

What about capitals? It especially hurts 3 "hardcore" nations as they don't have capitals and trading goods consumption is heavily based on capitals. Also, it makes trading in safe zones (due to capitals) very important.  Other ports are really minor, we do have Nassau, Santo Domingo and Puerto de Espana, but county capitals should be more important than they are atm. All ports need food, clothes, tools, supplies etc. Bigger cities/ports should just have higher consumption than the smaller ones.

Although I can agree that trading goods consumption should be reduced at capitals and other ports outside the safe zones made more important for goods consumption, I do not think it should be done for the sake of the 3 hardcore nations as this is part of the reason they are classed as hardcore. If we give the hardcore nations the same advantages of easier nations then they are no longer hardcore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Released Privateer said:

What about capitals? It especially hurts 3 "hardcore" nations as they don't have capitals and trading goods consumption is heavily based on capitals. Also, it makes trading in safe zones (due to capitals) very important.  Other ports are really minor, we do have Nassau, Santo Domingo and Puerto de Espana, but county capitals should be more important than they are atm. All ports need food, clothes, tools, supplies etc. Bigger cities/ports should just have higher consumption than the smaller ones.

Hubs will act as capitals. Shroud will have some national goods too. Basically cities like San Juan will be providing resources on par with the national capitals. Which means impossible nations can just take a city and make it their own capital. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Released Privateer said:

We still need to capture all the ports we want to use for trading

Like other nations/clans do. Otherwise Swedes wouldn´t care about Santo Domingo or Puerto de Espana, and Brits wouldn´t care about Nassau....

So, go for it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Resources will not feel random anymore
Will this have an impact on the hold contents of merchant ships(PNJ).
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see that Reinforcement cities and it's capital will play a minor role regarding trading profit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I would like to see that Reinforcement cities and it's capital will play a minor role regarding trading profit. 

How does R-Cities play any role than minor in econ?

Beside capitals the others are not consuming any goods and drops garbage that you cant sell in Capital for a reasonable, if any, profit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

For example - bringing livestock from the nearby ports to the trading hub will help the port to produce more white oak. 

Will the supporting local goods be related?  

Should we expect livestock to help produce trees.

Livestock could result in; leather, glue or foods.   Is the livestock used to harvest white oak, or is the poop used for fertilizer?  Does the relationship of local goods matter?

Hopeful to see a trading patch.  Is there any idea of when it is scheduled?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All changes are good and this looks like a good one.

Will Trade Missions be generated ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the hubs ?

region capitals, or nearby islands from the main capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Are the hubs ?

region capitals, or nearby islands from the main capital.

I think the idea is that 'hubs' are wherever you want them to be depending upon the resource(s) that are sought after and how much that port is 'supplied' by players. Not sure what goods create more resources though and how exactly that will work. Why would bringing in 'livestock' produce more white oak?

I'm liking the sound of it though. These are the kinds of mechanics this game needs. Positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Looks good, happy to test.

I would like to suggest one more thing for this patch: you should double taxes inside reinforcement zone and triple taxes at the capital zone.

+1 

This needs to happen. The explanation: "Taxes in zones are higher to pay for the maintenance of reinforcment ships.". Repairs, Rum and 5-7th rate ships should be excluded from this tax increase. Don't punish new players too much. @admin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Released Privateer said:

But Swedes own Gustavia, Brits own KPR. These ports consume almost everything at maximum prices. I named Santo Domingo, Nassau and PdE as these are 3 only specific ports capturable, all others are minor, inferior. Prussia has many huge ports, 8-11k BR, county capitals, but they almost don't matter at all. Cap Francais? Puerto Plata? Grand Turk? I could name a few more...

You are right. It makes sense though that those ports (CAPITALS) CONSUME trading goods. Me, playing GB, on the other hand,need to sail long time till i reach the port where i can buy goods, which can be sold in CAPITALS. This makes absolutely sense. Doing this 1-2 times in a week i have more than enough money for everything i need. Fair enough.

I think there was a post from @Gregory Rainsborough about this producing/consuming thing, and in my opinion ALL  REGION capitals should be able to CONSUME foreign trading goods, not only CAPITALS. This would also enforce players to leave reinforcement zones and establish their own trading routes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Don't punish new players too much

New players are punished enough because there is no proper tutorial in the game. And i mean tutorial about basic trading, crafting, wood characteristics, buildings etc., not the sailing one.

A new player starts in a capital port, has no clue what to do, and if he gets wrong answers by asking in NATION chat what he should do, he will ALWAYS stay in the reinforcement zone, hiding from everything, with the attitude " omg i could lose a ship, i am not going to leave reinforcement zone".

Where basically, everything is available in the Caribbean, you just need to grab your balls and leave the f...ng reinforcement area.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

 

  • Local goods become important part of the economy. Trading hubs will provide more trading or crafting resources if supplied by local goods.
    • For example - bringing livestock from the nearby ports to the trading hub will help the port to produce more white oak. 

The main difference with the old system are:

  • More immersion and realism in creation of the trade routes and triangular trades. You will be able to find a working trade route and exploit it for your advantage.
  • More influence on conquest. Hubs will matter more for taxes and control over resources.

Love this! Players can influence the markets finally! And in turn influence conquests.

4 hours ago, admin said:

Hubs will act as capitals. Shroud will have some national goods too. Basically cities like San Juan will be providing resources on par with the national capitals. Which means impossible nations can just take a city and make it their own capital. 

Could you implement NPC trade windows that will show last known location of said nation's trading fleet, much like that treasure fleet icon we get? (please add a timestamp to that treasure fleet.)

So say Dutch has a trading hub at Santa Domingo. NPC and players could help load that port with goods determined by the SD port that its NPC trades fleet needs for a destination to Willemstad. The dutch gets a notification of the goods needed and by what time. Once the fill order is completed by players and NPC the trader fleet would depart. Then sometime later on the map there would be an icon saying something like "Dutch trader fleet last spotted here around 13:00"

This could make for serious lucrative intercepts by other nations and damage the attacked nation's supply. Maybe make even a larger fleet headed from Wm to Europe....

2 hours ago, n_Ka said:

Resources will not feel random anymore

Will this have an impact on the hold contents of merchant ships(PNJ).

Yes please. Make NPC have actual pertinent goods along those routes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the sound of this patch though the comments following it are quite amusing. Someone who plays as one of the 3 hardcore nations is complaining that they do not have a capitol??? Wasn't that the WHOLE idea behind those 3 nations that they were nomadic in nature as they do NOT have an established base of operations unless they CAPTURE one. People need to stop trying to change the unique things. If you do not like playing under the characteristics of one of these 3 nations, why did you join and why not just switch to one of the main nations?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

think there was a post from @Gregory Rainsborough about this producing/consuming thing, and in my opinion ALL  REGION capitals should be able to CONSUME foreign trading goods, not only CAPITALS. This would also enforce players to leave reinforcement zones and establish their own trading routes.

I agree with this completely.  I have also suggested in the past that clans who own more than one port may designate a Clan Capitol, which among other things, is a consuming port (paying the higher price for goods).  This would add value to RVR and cause merchant traffic in other regions.

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Hawkwood said:

New players are punished enough because there is no proper tutorial in the game. And i mean tutorial about basic trading, crafting, wood characteristics, buildings etc., not the sailing one.

A new player starts in a capital port, has no clue what to do, and if he gets wrong answers by asking in NATION chat what he should do, he will ALWAYS stay in the reinforcement zone, hiding from everything, with the attitude " omg i could lose a ship, i am not going to leave reinforcement zone".

Where basically, everything is available in the Caribbean, you just need to grab your balls and leave the f...ng reinforcement area.

Ok, thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...