Game-Labs Forum
sterner

Work in progress - UItimate Admiral: Age of Sail

@Fluffy Fishy

@LeBoiteux

Your ideas would make perfect DLC if the base game is going to be just RN&USN. I like the idea of taking command of the French navy in the AWI. Even the Venetians could get in on the action with a campaign in the Adriatic and Med (Lissa 1811, etc.). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeRuyter said:

@Fluffy Fishy

@LeBoiteux

Your ideas would make perfect DLC if the base game is going to be just RN&USN. I like the idea of taking command of the French navy in the AWI. Even the Venetians could get in on the action with a campaign in the Adriatic and Med (Lissa 1811, etc.). 

If you wanted to do a Venetian DLC you'd have to focus on the career of Angelo Emo, who spent most of his career as a pirate hunter but was the last great admiral of Venice fighting in the Venetian Berber war from 1784 until his death in 1792 after which peace was reestablished. The last Venetian admiral who was Emo's second in command was Tomasso Condulmer who retired from service following the treaty of Leoben, briefly acted as a commander in the resistance to French and Austrian rule but soon gave up as it caused too much misery for the people in the recently annexed lands. Emo isn't really as interesting as a history as Nelson or JPJ, especially as Emo is partly made as significant as he was due to his various reforms and his appointment to Capitano Straordinario delle Navi and then even as Procuratore de Ultra before the senate started to worry about the French Revolution and started to favour Tomasso Condulmer due to Emo's aggressive attitude towards piracy and his costly campaigns in Northern Africa.

More realistically I'd prefer to see DLC focussed on the 7 years war or War of Spanish Succession, Especially the 7 years war and its world spanning actions.

• Like 1

Sir Edward Pellew's career would make for some pretty great gameplay, especially given we will finally have a game with ship-to-shore operations fully realized.

• Like 4

Abraham Duquesne vs Michiel de Ruyter in the Franco-Dutch War

(Duquesne, a great Admiral with a storied carrier, who served Louis XIII, Louis XIV and the Swedish navy, also fighting against the Barbary pirates.)

• Like 1

Gentlemen, one question,.... does anyone has an idea when the game is going to be on Steam early access?

What is the release date.
I see they have used a lot of resources from their naval action game (GameLabs), which is a good thing. I can not wait to play this game.

ShowBox Tutuapp Mobdro

Edited by avensis

1 hour ago, avensis said:

What is the release date.
I see they have used a lot of resources from their naval action game (GameLabs), which is a good thing. I can not wait to play this game.

"This year" is the what has been announced for a date so far.

I wonder when we can expect to begin purchasing the pre order packages. I've been happy with the last entries into the series, I see no reason why I wouldn't jump at the idea to get the newest entry early.

• Like 1

This game looks like the illegitimate offspring from the coupling of Breakaway Games Napoleonic titles and Akella’s Sea Dogs series. It is also the game that I never knew I wanted but always have!!!!!!! Kudos. 

Question. How much is wind going to be involved in the game? While it can be frustrating to try to fight a battle in becalmed seas it is realistic and therefore necessary. The drive wherever you want arcade nonsense like in Assassin’s Creed can absolutely ruin a seafaring game. I hope they do not go that route.

• Like 1

Guest questions

I am very excited for this game!

Quick questions for the developers:

- I see we can group ships, but can we order naval formations, line line of ships or file of ships?

- For ground combat, are you keeping the brigade level, or will we have battalion level this time?

- on the same level as my first question, will we be able to choose brigade (or divisional) formations on the ground battles?

Thanks in advance!

16 hours ago, Guest questions said:

I am very excited for this game!

Quick questions for the developers:

- I see we can group ships, but can we order naval formations, line line of ships or file of ships?

- For ground combat, are you keeping the brigade level, or will we have battalion level this time?

- on the same level as my first question, will we be able to choose brigade (or divisional) formations on the ground battles?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks.

1. Yes

2. There won't be clear brigade or battalion. Marines or sailors from the same ship will form a group, land troops will follow their order of battle. You can always dynamically reform and organize your own order of battle.

3. Yes, you will be able to select "a group" and to give an order for the group.

• Like 1

Nice!

Just two questions:

1. What about wind? Will it be modeled in some sort of way?

2. Singleplayer for campaign I guess, but could there be multiplayer for some single battles, are you thinking about it? ? Just 1v1? Please!

Thanks!

Edited by Archer11

Hi, new here. Wanted to start off by saying I loved Ultimate General: Civil War. One of my favorite games in recent times. It was like you guys brought the old hand drawn battle maps from the American Heritage History of the Civil War to life. So great.

So now I'm thinking the next game will probably be a treatment of the Napoleonic Wars(personally, I was hoping for a game that would cover European wars from 1859-1871, but honestly Napoleon is just fine). Then, I stumble on this...Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail. Was not expecting that, but boy this is great !! I cannot wait !

But then, it gets even better. Today, I go to check on AoS and see UA: Age of Dreadnoughts....I'm dreaming right, I mean, no way...but yes way ! I love you guys, this is too awesome. A dream come true...just like UG:CW. All I can say is Thank you x a million !! Ya'll are the BEST !

Now, two questions:

First: Will you be doing anymore UG games in the future ? If so, any chance one of them might cover European conflicts from 1859-1871 ?

Second: Could a future UA game cover the Ironclad era 1850-90 or be an ACW naval game that included battles on rivers and in harbors ?

Thanks, looking forward to your reply. Keep up the good work !! 

• Like 1

Enjoyed the British Campaign teaser. 

I'll leave it to the Developers to post the video themselves, don't wanna steal their thunder after all. But you can find it on youtube.

17 hours ago, michaelsmithern said:

Enjoyed the British Campaign teaser. 

I'll leave it to the Developers to post the video themselves, don't wanna steal their thunder after all. But you can find it on youtube.

An interesting link I haven't seen on these Forums yet 😉

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1069650/Ultimate_Admiral_Age_of_Sail/

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1