Game-Labs Forum

Work in progress - UItimate Admiral: Age of Sail

sterner

On 12/28/2018 at 1:42 PM, Intrepido said:

I find disturbing how good the buildings and the land (trees, grass, roads) looks compared to Naval Action.

I find it even more disturbing that even tho they are out of scale compared to the ships, the proportions of scale are still much more accurate than those of NA buildings and ships...

I am still hoping we get better models for towns with maybe even people in it for Naval Action some day.

I would even prefer they simply copied the buildings and troops from UA:AoS and put them into NA, over what we have currently.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:49 AM, jdk57 said:

So with the current screenshots, it looks like the land unit sizes have been dumbed down quite a lot. Is this temporary or a permanent change?

Dumbed down? Do you mean smaller?

Looks very interesting. Just two concerns at this point - 

1. Like someone said above, unit and fleet sizes seem unrealistically small. 

2. The command organisation (i.e. corps > division > brigade) from Ultimate General : Civil War seems to be missing in the screenshots. It was one of the things that set UG:CW apart from the likes of Total War or Starcraft and similar, contributed significantly to realism. Please do not lose that. I expect in the Age of Sail it should be some thing like multiple fleets > each with 3-4 columns / squadrons > each with up to 10-15 ships.

Thanks.

Edited by mitth'raw'nuruodo

I really like to see logistics return to gaming, many games have move away from this and employ basic mechanics, like UGCW simple wagon (not even a wagontrain).

Hope there will be a good logistic engine, of cause only if the game can support logistic movement and storage. E.g. Barrels of food and water, musket shots, gunpower, canon balls and grain for horses etc. And tactics like setting up a rear supply station and ferrying supplies to the front lines and/or attacking enemy supply stations, looting and attacking supply lines, even supporting your own army and fleet with enemy supplies.   

Ships played a major role in the movement of supplies and it would be defining to have this kind of scope, like supply buildup and battle prep, attrition even.

But question is, if the campaign is linear like UGCW or open world like Total War Shogun 2? If there was any sort of complain against UGCW, it was that is was all battles and battles only. Total War Britannia copped alot of flack for going all battles only.

BTW, this game looks fresh, reborn and already has scope with land and sea battles.

Edited by Guest

On 1/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, Monfet said:

Is there any hope for multiplayer?

would love some kind of coop campaign, dunno the road tey want if its Age of Empire style or Total War style on the battle field, but time will show :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent the last few days dipping into Battlefield Gothic: Armada 2, it will be interesting to see how these two games compare, although no doubt I much prefer the age of sail setting to the Warhammer world, I have no interest in warhammer its just what looks like one of the few tactical "naval" combat games on the market right now. I'd be interested to hear if the dev team here has played any Battlefield Gothic and what they have liked, disliked and how it might inspire features of Ultimate Admiral. I have to say I find the broadsides in space quite satisfying, although I don't like the more gimmicky parts of Armada 2 like the extra powerful abilities. I'm also not a great fan of the campaign urgency mechanic or the lack of a grand campaign but its not the end of the world. Its still an enjoyable experience if you like the kind of game, even though I don't care the slightest for Warhammer lore or world building. I doubt I wouldn't drop Armada 2 in a hearbeat to play a good age of sail naval combat game so I'm still itching for ultimate admiral news :)

18 hours ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

I have spent the last few days dipping into Battlefield Gothic: Armada 2, it will be interesting to see how these two games compare, although no doubt I much prefer the age of sail setting to the Warhammer world, I have no interest in warhammer its just what looks like one of the few tactical "naval" combat games on the market right now. I'd be interested to hear if the dev team here has played any Battlefield Gothic and what they have liked, disliked and how it might inspire features of Ultimate Admiral. I have to say I find the broadsides in space quite satisfying, although I don't like the more gimmicky parts of Armada 2 like the extra powerful abilities. I'm also not a great fan of the campaign urgency mechanic or the lack of a grand campaign but its not the end of the world. Its still an enjoyable experience if you like the kind of game, even though I don't care the slightest for Warhammer lore or world building. I doubt I wouldn't drop Armada 2 in a hearbeat to play a good age of sail naval combat game so I'm still itching for ultimate admiral news :)

Patience Fluffy patience! You may want to play some Ultimate General:Civil War while you wait much more on target than a Warhammer game. 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there somebody who knows when this game will be released?

I wished there would be a ULTIMATE GENERAL game for the American Revolution/Seven Years War some day ... (like CIVIL WAR)

The screens look really awesome. Keep up the good work

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, AegorBlackfyre said:

First off, that was for another game and in another forum (naval action forum).

Second, it was posted January the 11th meaning it is 2 months old.

And finally, him asking for lines to be translated are not pictures, teasers or any kind of explanation about the game. 

First off, take it easy

Second, bring a smile to your face

And finally, say to me : 'Thx for the information' or 'Thx but I knew that'.

🙂

Merci beaucoup for a new game, especially predreadnoughts. Is there a date for release? E.g., 1 week hence; next month; this trimestre; this semestre; in summer; in autumn? this year?

Edited by Lannes

33 minutes ago, Lannes said:

Merci beaucoup for a new game, especially predreadnoughts. Is there a date for release? E.g., 1 week hence; next month; this trimestre; this semestre; in summer; in autumn? this year?

This year.