Game-Labs Forum

Work in progress - UItimate Admiral: Age of Sail

sterner

1 hour ago, UAZ-469 said:

Will you be able to steer a ship by yourself, like in any other game where you "are" the ship (Pirates of the Carribean, Tempest, AC IV...)?

In the UG series you give orders to units to move to a certain location or to fire on a specific target, so my sense would be that ships are units and you can give orders to individual ships. However not like in NA where you are in continuous control of an individual ship. You as the player are managing a squadron or fleet of ships.

• Like 1

Single player only has me concerned. As does it being so simple like total war naval battles, which were kinda passé. But I love the idea of landings. Will land battles be included? I cannot imagine this will be as good as naval action in terms of immersion? Unless we are building the ships to a complicated plan etc. what of the age of steam game from the same team?

• Like 2

Does not look interesting at all. Why opt for naval game when so much is undone in the department for rank and file? And the graphics seem trilinear. Idk I was expecting the continuation of the franchise but this looks like something from 2006. Napoleon wasn't known for his naval victories

On 12/18/2018 at 3:05 PM, sterner said:

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail is a tactical wargame immersing players into naval service in time of the American Revolutionary War, French Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars.

You just made my day! : )

2 minutes ago, sterner said:

It will be quite similar as mechanics, but you won't be able to control yards.

Sorry wasnt clear enough. I was just talking about the visuals. For me the detail of rigging is a key factor what divides good ship model from bad ones. Ships in total war for example looked odd because they have a poor modelling of their rigging.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 11:05 AM, sterner said:

It will be quite similar as mechanics, but you won't be able to control yards.

So even though we will not be controlling the yards, will the game have the crew quality and captain quality managing this aspect as well as all other minor detail. So that we have maximum dimensions to differentiate the navies and fighting styles?

On 12/24/2018 at 6:52 PM, sterner said:

Yes. It will be very close to NA.

More crew visualized?  Ship-to-ship boarding visualized?  Undersea topography in ship-to-shore operations? (Shallows, reefs, consequences for ships of different drafts.)

• Like 2

as mentioned earlier, the ships looks really oversized if you compare them to the longboats, trees and coast battery, else it looks good :)

Edited by Guest