Game-Labs Forum

Custom localization file - discussions

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Am I seeing it right that there is not yet a german translation work in progress?

There will be official support for German language.

1 hour ago, Released Privateer said:

You click battle swords in OW. Reinforcement Battle had a title "Open World Battle". The battle had a positional join of course and reinforcements.

It always was like this as I know.

15 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

@slik how can we edit the text in localization? I saw already size and colour change with bbcodes, any chance to see list of all commands possible?

There are only 4 tags supported: <i></i> for italics, <b></b> for boldface, <color=#colorcode></color> for coloring and <size=size></size> for size.

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Are codes for alias planned, so the names can be translated ?

No. Names won't be translated at all (to prevent confusing). You can put name translation into the description.

• Like 1

We expect that every patch will have impact on the _English.csv file (corrections, additions, may be removals of strings), so it is a good idea to be prepared for the next patch. To search for the changes I'd suggest using diff tools (you can google for them, they open original file in left and new file in right and show differences between two text files). To use them and see the differences you need to have the original (previous version) _English.csv file, so it is a good idea to have a copy.

Example diff tool output:

meld-mary.png

Just FYI.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 6:16 PM, slik said:

We expect that every patch will have impact on the _English.csv file (corrections, additions, may be removals of strings), so it is a good idea to be prepared for the next patch. To search for the changes I'd suggest using diff tools (you can google for them, they open original file in left and new file in right and show differences between two text files). To use them and see the differences you need to have the original (previous version) _English.csv file, so it is a good idea to have a copy.

Example diff tool output:

meld-mary.png

Just FYI.

Thats a great Idea. Im now using WinMerge for this. Works fine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Might be a dumbass question, but i never tried changing "game data" before...

I use Bumsebiene's Translation as an Orientation for a personalized Version of german language file; i just paste his translation and originally provided Version side by side and decide wich one to use, or to write an own Text. Now it seems like both versions use a different amount of lines somewhere, leading to a different number of lines.

image.png.9ba82cfd03f899ddeccb3ccc9b0b33ee.png

Is that a Problem? E.g. does "Slot/RUDDER" have to be placed in Line 276, or can it also be placed in line 275? I don't know how a Computer Game works 🤫

Edited by RedPanther