Game-Labs Forum
admin

Custom localization file - discussions

And here is something really interesting:

OW/TargetWindow/Enemy <color=red>ENEMY</color>    

You can turn into RED the enemy vessels name...just switch the term for your prefered one ;) 

On 12/18/2018 at 8:22 PM, Released Privateer said:

First noticed that:

image.png.76ca955a23f987919f403fa9d2143018.png

and I did not change anything with speed

On 12/19/2018 at 10:45 PM, La bouche said:

Found how to fix:

{0}<size=11>Kn</size>

You should get rid of the aditional space between the {0} and the rest of the line. Aditionally, if you change the value after "=", you can change the size of the numbers...

Had the same issue, but successfully fixed with your help. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 11:59 PM, La bouche said:

And here is something really interesting:

OW/TargetWindow/Enemy <color=red>ENEMY</color>    

You can turn into RED the enemy vessels name...just switch the term for your prefered one ;) 

Any screenshots how it looks like?

I noticed also this:

In Spanish you have to use the punctuation marks before and after the sentence, so while in English is (for instance) Hello! Hello?  in Spanish would have to be ¡Hello! ¿Hello?

So when I put the punctation mark before I got this:

https://gyazo.com/d31f1dac4218c12be67c1c95f0ee44d0

Here also, you can see the "s starting and finishing all the sentences in that menu: https://gyazo.com/d1d45ed017f8921ba4bed455f8b90d6d

In other sentences when started by (¡) you get this: https://gyazo.com/54b6ee775008e889d43f3cb563efb555

@slik @admin

Quick question: some of the sentences in loading screen or entering ports don't make much sense when translating into Spanish.  Am I allowed to change them for other sentences or do they have to stay that way even  though they won't be understood by a large majority of spanish speakers players?

5 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

@slik @admin

Quick question: some of the sentences in loading screen or entering ports don't make much sense when translating into Spanish.  Am I allowed to change them for other sentences or do they have to stay that way even  though they won't be understood by a large majority of spanish speakers players?

I simply changed some of mine that made little sense and replaced them with pirate'ish loading screens, texts and NA related too.

1 hour ago, _Alucard_ said:

I noticed also this:

In Spanish you have to use the punctuation marks before and after the sentence, so while in English is (for instance) Hello! Hello?  in Spanish would have to be ¡Hello! ¿Hello?

https://gyazo.com/d31f1dac4218c12be67c1c95f0ee44d0

Here also, you can see the "s starting and finishing all the sentences in that menu: https://gyazo.com/d1d45ed017f8921ba4bed455f8b90d6d

In other sentences when started by (¡) you get this: https://gyazo.com/54b6ee775008e889d43f3cb563efb555

I didn’t tried, so can’t say if will work, but try to use ASCII code instead the keyboard to input the character you want. 

Today I noticed that on my pirate version the Reinforcement Battle was called "Open World Battle". I checked the game files and I actually changed the name of the Reinforcement Zone, but I don't see any errors or issues in the text itself.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:30 PM, _Alucard_ said:

The font we use has issues (some symbols are not at their places, for example to render ] you need to use \ in translation file), I hope it will be fixed soon.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:38 PM, _Alucard_ said:

@slik @admin

Sure you can change them.

10 hours ago, Released Privateer said:

Today I noticed that on my pirate version the Reinforcement Battle was called "Open World Battle". I checked the game files and I actually changed the name of the Reinforcement Zone, but I don't see any errors or issues in the text itself.

What do you mean? Could you rephrase please

Am I seeing it right that there is not yet a german translation work in progress?

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Am I seeing it right that there is not yet a german translation work in progress?

There will be official support for German language.

1 hour ago, Released Privateer said:

You click battle swords in OW. Reinforcement Battle had a title "Open World Battle". The battle had a positional join of course and reinforcements.

It always was like this as I know.

Started working on Czech translation today. Can confirm problems with game font for ISO Latin 2 charset, specifically czech characters like "ěščřžýáíé" etc.

15 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

@slik how can we edit the text in localization? I saw already size and colour change with bbcodes, any chance to see list of all commands possible?

There are only 4 tags supported: <i></i> for italics, <b></b> for boldface, <color=#colorcode></color> for coloring and <size=size></size> for size.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:05 AM, Bumsebiene said:

@slik

@admin

Is there a translation for the resources ? I cant find it in the *.csv file..

There are descriptions (for resources they're empty because not used), names won't be translated.

54 minutes ago, slik said:

There are descriptions (for resources they're empty because not used), names won't be translated.

Are codes for alias planned, so the names can be translated ?

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Are codes for alias planned, so the names can be translated ?

No. Names won't be translated at all (to prevent confusing). You can put name translation into the description.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bumsebiene said:

How can I find out which ID belongs to which resource or material? 

No, not at the moment

We expect that every patch will have impact on the _English.csv file (corrections, additions, may be removals of strings), so it is a good idea to be prepared for the next patch. To search for the changes I'd suggest using diff tools (you can google for them, they open original file in left and new file in right and show differences between two text files). To use them and see the differences you need to have the original (previous version) _English.csv file, so it is a good idea to have a copy.

Example diff tool output:

meld-mary.png

Just FYI.

• Like 1