Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Official English Language file - Feedback and discussions.

Recommended Posts

i dunno if is a bug, but cant make it...

The only language that appears to me in pop menu is english. Even if i delete the _english.csv or make my own .csv file and rename it to _english.csv, i cant see the names that i modified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Released Privateer said:

Description of the servers is first that comes to my mind. Especially the PvP, as it has 2 "sentences" without verbs and it says "player enemies". Who are the enemies of the player? Simply "enemies" or "enemy players". 

"To Group" should say "Invite to group"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, La bouche said:

i dunno if is a bug, but cant make it...

The only language that appears to me in pop menu is english. Even if i delete the _english.csv or make my own .csv file and rename it to _english.csv, i cant see the names that i modified.

After you copy-pasted the _English.csv file please remove the underscore from the new file's filename. All files that start with underscore are ignored. (I've already updated the instructions)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slik said:

After you copy-pasted the _English.csv file please remove the underscore from the new file's filename. All files that start with underscore are ignored. (I've already updated the instructions)

Ok, that's make the file to be read and you can choose the new file at popup menu, but once I make any modifications, it seems to be corrupted and the game freezes at start. Im using excel 2010 and tried all .csv formats available, including UTS-8...

In other words: once the file is renamed without the underscore and you choose the new file in the popup it is fine, but any modifications in that same file makes the game stop to work for me. If I delete it and replace with the previous one, game loads normally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, La bouche said:

Ok, that's make the file to be read and you can choose the new file at popup menu, but once I make any modifications, it seems to be corrupted and the game freezes at start. Im using excel 2010 and tried all .csv formats available, including UTS-8...

In other words: once the file is renamed without the underscore and you choose the new file in the popup it is fine, but any modifications in that same file makes the game stop to work for me. If I delete it and replace with the previous one, game loads normally.

I'm almost sure excel corrupted it for some reason, please try to use a simple text editor (like notepad++ or sublime text, not sure standard windows notepad would work) to edit the file, if the file loads ok after modifications with these editors then it's something wrong with your excel installation or export settings..

We require the file to be correctly formatted CSV (comma separated values) with UTF-8 encoding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how it looks in Notepad++

Most issues i ran into were open/close the " " and missed one somewhere

image.png.748e892de25ce6de4e951349bbdda6a8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

This is how it looks in Notepad++

Most issues i ran into were open/close the " " and missed one somewhere

It seems like Excel added extra " symbols while importing (opening) or exporting (saving) the file. The original _English.csv doesn't have them. I'd suggest to check how the csv import/export process could be correctly configured in Excel.

 

BTW opening the file as a google document and then exporting ("file -> download as" option) from the google as csv worked fine for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The error messages show up in game text for all players, like Hostility Mission is too far says on red area something like Error/Wreck/TooFar

When my ship was overloaded and stopped fishing, I got same xxx/xxx/xxx error string text in the middle of the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captan Thomas Fremantle said:

Not Santissima but La Santissima Trinidad.

Almost.... It was christianed - Nuestra Señora de la Santíssima Trinidad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Almost.... It was christianed - Nuestra Señora de la Santíssima Trinidad

I guess (and hope 🙂)  the name was shortened on the name scroll as on the replica   :

 

127803-600-338.jpg

Edited by LeBoiteux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Captan Thomas Fremantle said:

It's so ugly ..

I always wondered, whether Santisima actually looked like that brick shape or it just being a very poor replica... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...