Game-Labs Forum

Official English Language file - Feedback and discussions.

12 minutes ago, Released Privateer said:

Description of the servers is first that comes to my mind. Especially the PvP, as it has 2 "sentences" without verbs and it says "player enemies". Who are the enemies of the player? Simply "enemies" or "enemy players". 

"To Group" should say "Invite to group"

29 minutes ago, La bouche said:

i dunno if is a bug, but cant make it...

The only language that appears to me in pop menu is english. Even if i delete the _english.csv or make my own .csv file and rename it to _english.csv, i cant see the names that i modified.

After you copy-pasted the _English.csv file please remove the underscore from the new file's filename. All files that start with underscore are ignored. (I've already updated the instructions)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slik said:

After you copy-pasted the _English.csv file please remove the underscore from the new file's filename. All files that start with underscore are ignored. (I've already updated the instructions)

Ok, that's make the file to be read and you can choose the new file at popup menu, but once I make any modifications, it seems to be corrupted and the game freezes at start. Im using excel 2010 and tried all .csv formats available, including UTS-8...

In other words: once the file is renamed without the underscore and you choose the new file in the popup it is fine, but any modifications in that same file makes the game stop to work for me. If I delete it and replace with the previous one, game loads normally.

25 minutes ago, La bouche said:

Ok, that's make the file to be read and you can choose the new file at popup menu, but once I make any modifications, it seems to be corrupted and the game freezes at start. Im using excel 2010 and tried all .csv formats available, including UTS-8...

In other words: once the file is renamed without the underscore and you choose the new file in the popup it is fine, but any modifications in that same file makes the game stop to work for me. If I delete it and replace with the previous one, game loads normally.

I'm almost sure excel corrupted it for some reason, please try to use a simple text editor (like notepad++ or sublime text, not sure standard windows notepad would work) to edit the file, if the file loads ok after modifications with these editors then it's something wrong with your excel installation or export settings..

We require the file to be correctly formatted CSV (comma separated values) with UTF-8 encoding.

19 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

This is how it looks in Notepad++

Most issues i ran into were open/close the " " and missed one somewhere

It seems like Excel added extra " symbols while importing (opening) or exporting (saving) the file. The original _English.csv doesn't have them. I'd suggest to check how the csv import/export process could be correctly configured in Excel.

BTW opening the file as a google document and then exporting ("file -> download as" option) from the google as csv worked fine for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...