Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Ruby the Reaper griefing

It's an interesting topic.

IMHO the first question should be: who never did something close to the limit of abuse/griefing?

I think all veterans came close to something smelling like griefing more than once in their career.

What about being chased and tagging passing AI to buy time and no intention to fight them? Simply hoping to get a better position (wind) in OW? Or some friends?

Who did fight not pushing the battle knowing a) being able to disengage b) waiting for OW support?

I do remember someone calling griefing also being tagged 4 times in a few hours having in the end to log out losing the ship.

Is being sunk while DCed griefing? And it happened a lot. Even losing battles to that.

It happened to me a couple times.

As it happened to me that someone tagged me to make me losing time and thus protecting other passing shipping.

So?

Please stop calling griefing any use of lecit RoE.

Am I the only one remembering boardgames zone of control abused to supply friendly units or cut off enemies' in unresonable ways?

This is war. As morality and politics are different fields (Macchiavelli), even more it is war.

Fight at your best or worst.

5 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

It's an interesting topic.

IMHO the first question should be: who never did something close to the limit of abuse/griefing?

I think all veterans came close to something smelling like griefing more than once in their career.

What about being chased and tagging passing AI to buy time and no intention to fight them? Simply hoping to get a better position (wind) in OW? Or some friends?

Who did fight not pushing the battle knowing a) being able to disengage b) waiting for OW support?

I do remember someone calling griefing also being tagged 4 times in a few hours having in the end to log out losing the ship.

Is being sunk while DCed griefing? And it happened a lot. Even losing battles to that.

It happened to me a couple times.

As it happened to me that someone tagged me to make me losing time and thus protecting other passing shipping.

So?

Please stop calling griefing any use of lecit RoE.

Am I the only one remembering boardgames zone of control abused to supply friendly units or cut off enemies' in unresonable ways?

This is war. As morality and politics are different fields (Macchiavelli), even more it is war.

Fight at your best or worst.

We need to draw a line. Otherwise this entire griefing/kiting can be abused 24/7, ruins the game and drives players away. If you don't draw a line and allow everything, this will intoxicate the entire game environment very fast like it has done already several times with for example alts in PBs (enemy alts occupying space) or alt-farming etc.

Remove sail tagging with ball. Only penetrating shots on mast or armor, and chain to sails that does damage.

Or tagging should only be possible within give or take 500m. 

• Like 1

Ruby the Reaper is a troll and has always been a troll and griefer. However, without perma-banning those you are out their to troll, grief and waste time of players by exploiting a game mechanic designed to allow the chance to catch up to a ship and engage it will continue to be a problem. Perma-banning is not the solution. Attempt to put in place a mechanic to fix the this problem may only create another exploit that would need to be fixed.  The biggest issue I see here is the highly toxic environment that is Naval Action. Which is fueled by the actions of players like Ruby the Reaper who chose to exploit game mechanics. Sadly there is no fix to toxic players.

issue will be resolved according to game rules.
consistent griefing where the only goal is to keep the player in battle multiple times in the row is not allowed.

• Like 4