Game-Labs Forum

Choosing a Nation [Peace Server]

Hello!  I just purchased the game today.  I plan on playing on the PvE server, so this question may matter little or not at all.  Is there a benefit or drawback to which nation I join?  I live in the United States (Mountain region).  I was considering the Brits, Americans or maybe even the French.  Do the ship looks/selection change based on my pick?

I am really looking forward to playing (wish we did not have to pick our nation right away) and appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks!

The national capitals are on different parts of the map, and the nations will have mixes of players from different timezones.  (I couldn't say what the different peace server national populations are like)  All of the ships are available to all nations, and the only thing that changes is the flag flying on the back in battle.

Edited by Barbancourt

Yes it does matter, to raid 7th and 6th rated ships/fleets for doubloons (currency) and loot drops, it’s best to be bordering the Bahamas area, there a sufficient advantage in doing so.

But in saying that, in PvE, any nation or player can eventually establish a port inside that region. Note, high level NPCs, 5th rate plus, are elsewhere but once you’re got currency rolling in you can setup ports to search-out and destroy them.