Game-Labs Forum

Returning Player Needing xp and possibly ships back?

Seedless

I played this game when it first came out.  I remember when it was insane when the first few people got 4th rate ships, and it was super exciting.  i was hoping to get back into the game, but I got in and i was stranded across the map with only one free port as an outpost.  I reset my account hoping I would keep my xp like you use to be able to, and I lost everything and now 0 xp with no ships.  Is there anything that can be done about this?   I was max rank before the patch came out last year where they made it easier to reach max rank, so I have put a lot of hours into this game, and I'm not about to do it all over again.

Current Ingame name: Seedless    Previous name was SeedlessThrone

You can pretty much do the tutorials and start the game as a rank 6 (Master Commandant depending on your faction), with a ship and a few help from the game aswell. If I'm not mistaken, they haven't remove this from the game yet, or did they? Someone more experienced or older in the game can verify this for you I suppose.

Edited by Corsário Português

While the tutorial may give you some experience to gain rank, keep in mind that it will not give you any resources or money. You will need to grab a Basic Cutter and I would suggest staying in it for a while until you build up some cash (over 20,000). Other thing of note is that you will also need Doubloons (the gold coins) to move from port to port using the teleport system. Before the recent patch this option was free but now costs based on distance. Crafting ships is much easier than it was before but will still require you to have a large amount of cash to make a shipyard and get materials. You have your work cut out for you as open world hunting is about the only way you are going to gain experience and resources. The missions are a bit of a joke as they will automatically put you at a disadvantage.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:26 PM, Seedless said:

I played this game when it first came out.  I remember when it was insane when the first few people got 4th rate ships, and it was super exciting.  i was hoping to get back into the game, but I got in and i was stranded across the map with only one free port as an outpost.  I reset my account hoping I would keep my xp like you use to be able to, and I lost everything and now 0 xp with no ships.  Is there anything that can be done about this?   I was max rank before the patch came out last year where they made it easier to reach max rank, so I have put a lot of hours into this game, and I'm not about to do it all over again.

Current Ingame name: Seedless    Previous name was SeedlessThrone

Captain, since the assets wipe in May 2017 used (on character) experience is tied to a character, not to your Steam ID - so once character deleted - a new character will start from a scratch unless there were experience and other stuff in the redeemable box.

• Like 1