Game-Labs Forum
Latron

What made you quit the game?

No real content added since 2016.

Devs are focused on "which DLC can make more money now".

Devs are listening only few players, the more hardcore gamers spending trillions hours in this game and the one they agree with them. They sure don't care about 70% of players base.

Some mechanics are for sure broken (boarding/upgrades/trading etc etc). An another example: I own the Hercules DLC, few months ago I redeemed it on a faaaar harbor my nation owned but, during my NA break, city was lost so currently I will have to sail hours with trading ship to enter harbor where Hercules is to take it or destroy it if i want to redeem a new one ... such a nice DLC for sure.

New missions are ri-di-cu-lous --> sank 11x Privateer in OW ... Dude, lets find 11 hello kittying Privateer here ... Half AI ships are sailing through islands ...

Community (and I will precise, russian community) is toxic as hell.

A minority of players rules the game and the 90% others are suffering.

Why creating a big open world which is empty ? 100% PvP action (and new players gank by nolife losers) is located in front of 5 or 6 harbors.

Oh, and forum moderators are dictators.

Too many things.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, staun said:

I know, but RvR is just not for casuals players.

The large player base of this or any other game, are casual players or who devote few hours a week. Game = Entertainment = Fun. Without a base of players and their money, the game can not last long, and more if it is an online game. Unless the company has other games or receive subsidies to keep it. To this day, as far as I know, the cycle of a product is almost always subject to real money.

If you removed the casuals, they would have to modify the profile of Naval Action on Steam, as well as DLC. In the following screen, there are many things that are left over, if the game is only intended for specific players. Surely you can figure it out:

STEAM_NA.JPG.f7a8b2557a05d2a488febd56d0bd6af1.JPG

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Batman said:

Time to invest ≠ fun

You nailed it!

I still play, but less than before. It becomes more and more boring.

I do not go to the patrolzone because of the ROE (ROE does not fit, it is only ganking. Mentioned month before by several players in dozends of threads). Most of the remaining PvP players meet there. I do not want to play NAlegends in NA. I want OW PvP.

With the low playerbase and timers that close battles after 2 1/2 minutes it in hard to find a fight.

RvR is meaningless and pointless. Ports flooded by alts immediately. No proper rewards for the winner.

I love the combat system and I fight because of the fun so I do not care that the risk-reward relation between PvE and PvP is broken, but sadly it is broken. What is the motivation for new players to do PvP? You get more doubloons when you do PvE and you do not realy risk your ship in PvE.

Why is there no content you have to earn? Victory flags with stars you can earn (and loose) for winning (or loosing) PvP fights. Victory bars on the main flag for successful portbattels. I do not want to pay for this and I do not want to „find“ or loot this, I want to earn it.

The worst thing is the time sink. Sail around to find repairs, sail around to find wood, sail around to place contracts. Finaly you sail around to find a fight in OW and is nearly impossible because of the low playerbase (and most of the remaining PvP players staying in the patrol zone).

Why can I not send tradingships? Why must I sail them? I need more outposts and there should be more repairs you can buy in every town (maybe for higher costs). Comfort is needed to save time.

Last but not least the reinforcementzones do not work as intended. Make them small but totaly save. It should not be possible for an average player to kill beginners with a laRequin in the reinforcementzone. That is killing the playerbase.

I have forgotten many things but the post is to long anyway...

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

I do not go to the patrolzone because of the ROE (ROE does not fit, it is only ganking. Mentioned month before by several players in dozends of threads). Most of the remaining PvP players meet there. I do not want to play NAlegends in NA. I want OW PvP.

Just a few questions:

Why does 2min join timer influence you so much? What's the difference between joining a mission and patrol? Both are ganks. The one that gets invaded has to fight you + AI aka get ganked. The only difference I see here is that OW battle joining is predictable while patrol is not. You wrote you don't like ganking in patrol (long join timers) OW has short one which isn't right for you as well.

In my opinion ultra short times should be what makes you happy. You see a single ship you attack it you get your garanteed 1on1, even and meaningful fight.

So tell us why you really dislike short timers.

51 minutes ago, FRAN said:

The large player base of this or any other game, are casual players or who devote few hours a week. Game = Entertainment = Fun. Without a base of players and their money, the game can not last long, and more if it is an online game. Unless the company has other games or receive subsidies to keep it. To this day, as far as I know, the cycle of a product is almost always subject to real money.

If you removed the casuals, they would have to modify the profile of Naval Action on Steam, as well as DLC. In the following screen, there are many things that are left over, if the game is only intended for specific players. Surely you can figure it out:

STEAM_NA.JPG.f7a8b2557a05d2a488febd56d0bd6af1.JPG

Can’t see they need to change anything in there discription. Casuals can easy play the game. But casual players will be affected by wars among nations. But where does it say they are not. 

I just said the price to be in RvR now is to hardcore for many. One of the reasons why I play less. I don’t say it is bad, just that it to hard for me to find any joy in.

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Just a few questions:

Why does 2min join timer influence you so much? What's the difference between joining a mission and patrol? Both are ganks. The one that gets invaded has to fight you + AI aka get ganked. The only difference I see here is that OW battle joining is predictable while patrol is not. You wrote you don't like ganking in patrol (long join timers) OW has short one which isn't right for you as well.

In my opinion ultra short times should be what makes you happy. You see a single ship you attack it you get your garanteed 1on1, even and meaningful fight.

So tell us why you really dislike short timers.

I would like the „be able to join“ timers after connecting and after leaving a port to be at 4 minutes (to avoid disconnecting and port traps) but the join timer to 3 1/2 minutes (as it was). With the new 2 1/2minute timer it is so easy to avoid a fight by tagging AI and nearly riskfree to start a OW battle. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

Last but not least the reinforcementzones do not work as intended. Make them small but totaly save. It should not be possible for an average player to kill beginners with a laRequin in the reinforcementzone. That is killing the playerbase.

What value will a reinforcement zone if you make it smaller? 

As I see it nobody can stay in the reinforcement is they want any game play. Only very few Nations have a safezone where you can do the basic trading for ship crafting and do PvE. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

I would like the „be able to join“ timers after connecting and after leaving a port to be at 4 minutes (to avoid disconnecting and port traps) but the join timer to 3 1/2 minutes (as it was). With the new 2 1/2minute timer it is so easy to avoid a fight by tagging AI and nearly riskfree to start a OW battle. 

On the otherhand a long open timer makes it easier to jump players that do missions ore fight in a OW npc fleet. You think that is good PvP?

• Like 1

Lack of people, I like the game but can't be bothered spending 3 hours online just to gank some poor bastard. I will be back when there are at least 300 people online in my time zone at 11pm.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, GhastlyGhost said:

*Community that dont care about NEW players

btw

W T F? The community isn´t the one that dont care about new players, the DEVS are the ones that don´t care about them, or at least it looks like they don´t.

I have seen too much times a lot of clan leaders fighting to teach new players the basics of the game to get them content. They did that with me and I did that with a lot of newcomers and in every nation it's been always the same, it is a healty way to get players involved in how a clan/nation works, creating content for them and giving them things to do with other people in order to dont get tired of the game fast

Edited by Trashumi Cubanwara
  • Like 1

i dont like the new update and i hate the reinforcement zone. it was more fun without reinforcement zone 

I am not sure if I will come back again.

naval action = a lot of work for little fun

24 minutes ago, staun said:

On the otherhand a long open timer makes it easier to jump players that do missions ore fight in a OW npc fleet. You think that is good PvP?

No. But it is PvP. Atm there is ....

My clan mostly stopped playing, few guys online. I will not quit, but I struggled after last patch.

* I bought all dlc except flags, late happenings prevented me buying flags, I am not optimistic about the game. I bought Le Req dlc for just commenting on steam. :( 

* DLC ships, in my opinion are pay to win. They broke all balance in shallow waters. Why Le Req has like double the crew, best upwind speed, best broadside weight, smallest sail area ? Which 6th rate is the counter to it ? You can not win against it cause it will run when it may lose ! The boarding mods of 6th rate becomes very much more powerful with 250 or more crew !!! Muskets/Musket numbers and add new musket mods to it...

* Devs keep introducing not needed stuff like stupid musket mods, I can not understand ! Mod stacking already bad. Now muskets doing nuke damage, what we needed in boarding mini-game ! Takes too long to hotfix stuff.

* Mods are too powerful / Mod stacking is op, favours veterans and kills casuals. I remember casual speed mod Gazelle was nerfed from 2 to 1, while other expensive ones nerfed much less, yet Devs introduce stuff like sextant / naval clock etc., so what happens they are always nerfing newbies and causals ! Like they nerfed normal muskets/shooting, but not so much nerf on the new super OP musket mods which are M16/M4 carbines, why the hell would you do that ! 

* KPR defence, I loved it, PVP out of port. Great pvp with many better players visiting us alone or with fleets. 1st rate fleet battles, big battles, it used to be great, but no more. DLC ships and latest patch totally killed that. Only requins with musket mods visits KPR waters to farm newbies and still spawning 3 navy brig in reinforcement will not stop a le reqin who is laughing hard. How hard can it be to code, to spawn better upwind reinforcement for upwind ships.

* OMG the Patrol Zones, how hard can it be, to adjust the freaking patrol zones !!! Why won't they fix the ROE ? Hundreds of times suggested and asked, Nothing they do nothing about it. Fix the prizes why the same damage in Nassau and Hispaniola gives the same rewards, first one you use 6th rate ships (of course Herc and Le Req !) but the second one you bring big guns, so doing damage is easier. Why not give us the rewards automaticaly before server maintainence time, but I have to claim it ??? Why ? what year are we in 1989 ? 

* Pvp marks system could change into dubloons but too little dubloons from admirality, I do not like looting dubloons in crowded battles, would prefer more from admirality according to damage sustained. This kind of killed group pvp.

* I was slapped in the face to see my pvp marks turning into dubloons which I can earn in one night at patrol zone. I was robbed hard, I could buy all the upgrades in admirality, lots of ships from admirality to a poorness level of only buying 1 suprise from admirality :):) , this is not so good behaviour. 

* * Game took long time in alpha/beta. So lots of people are playing the game like a finished product. Devs make big changes effecting comfort of many players, what players used to do. For example removing that dumb Combat Mission / Fleet Missions, that was a big great mistake, it really killed the causals, aside from removing enemy ships and fleets from friendly teritories. THAT WAS THE MINDLESS FUN FOR CASUALS. One big mistake too kill casual and pve clans, with a fking easy solution (give us fleet and combat missions again with little rewards, but some xp to grind ship slots. ) We used to have fun with lots of people during that mindless FLEET MISSIONS, teach new guys a few things, lots of talking going on during that stupid missions, Lots of FUN IS LOST.

* How do you expect anyone to grind 4th-1st rate slots ? it is like impossible. I can grind it, I can not think grinding the ships if I started the game now, I would not play the game, too boring, too grindy, too much time consuming.

* Introduced missions currently are failure, give us Combat Missions and Fleet missions back, until you figure out how to make new mission good. I am not going to Hispaniola to kill 20 first rate AI to earn 1500 dubloons, exposed to all PVP threats in my PVE moded super expansive first rate.

* Admin told that building 1st rate with oak costs 60.000 reals, I laughed hard at that, very funny. Why would anyone build an OAK 1ST Rate. This shows he does not know about his game. You will not spend all that resource, LH, dubloons to build a loly OAK 1st rate ! Which the woods bonuses are too high, should be more closer, why would lo/wo ship is %18 more thicker than any ship ? Teak is the ultrasuper space age ship coating... While oak is used only for fishing boats...

* What happened to mixed Fleets (3 bellona + 4 frig + 2 privateer), it was much more real than 10x1st rate 10x4th rate stupid fleets, why did they do this ???

* Admin admitted that he does not know about positional join ability of enemy in reinforcement zone (lets say the gankers), that was the whole thing to do for long time? Does not know the game.

* Still needs group tab function like other MMO ( I do not care about super hardcores who needs to know everyone in their group) Casuals need this. Not happening by chat window. Create Group > Definition: Nassau Patrol / PVE hunting / PVP hunting / Capitol Defence  > Ships: any ship accepted > Chat or TS > Additional information. You can make it private or public. If public nation players can see the group information, group leaders, players inside, aim of group, ships needed, open slots etc. Casuals need SOCIAL game but for short periods, they do not need clan shit, they do not need RVR, they want to sink stupid ai ships etc. Clan/RVR (it is time consuming/difficult etc) is for the guys posting here :) 

* Still needs lots of good additions from games like Sid Meir's Pirates, map collecting, PVE fun missions etc. Which may even start an instance, it is totally safe for player to go to enemy capital capture some ships, take map, try to find that epic/gold/silver chest, that leads to other adventures. He may be invisible to enemy players, and enemies will be invisible to him, total safe mission from pvp, he can resume later etc. Or PVE/PVP mission mix, one pve can lead to some adventures, where it comes to similiar level players fighting 1 vs 1 for a chest. This game is like minecraft you can build anything, but not the go kill 2x7th rate for 9 dubloons !

*** GAME STILL HAS THE BEST SHIP COMBAT, game has every chance to become one of the best Age of Sail games in history. Game is very open to new stuff/tools to make it epic. But all the respect struggling with managment of development process, has no structured plan, or it changes too much. 

* I still believe Developers somehow will manage to make this game great... That is why I will not quit this game.

Sorry for the long write but this post seems like a group therapy, so that is what I did.

• Like 15

12 hours ago, Trashumi Cubanwara said:

If the devs really know what they want they should just go, develop their idea and just ask the community for opinion and ideas for specific points of the development, and tbh, they looks like they dont play their game for a year or more.

You are, now, in the developers ideea! Some players ask for this type of changes and here they are. The rest answered to this changes by logging out.

The amazing thing for me is, how ppl still belive that high educated technicians/developers keep on doing the same mistakes over and over again. The answer lies in the reversal of this  belive! 

DLC  ships

new economic system

long sail times with little or no reward 

lack of players

it just takes too much time  in terms building supplying and positioning a ship somewhere .. where you can go sail it and have some fun

20 hours ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

-Devs not knowing what they actually want and wrong prioritizing

14 hours ago, Trashumi Cubanwara said:

10.-IMO Devs dont know what kind of game they want/they are making

I think it is very clear what the Devs want out of their game, here it is in their representative's own words:

ps. sorry for teasing but its important to make this point across to everyone to be passed along. There is pvp if you want it. And new players can do everything once they learn how to play. There are no casuals in Naval Action. All are hardcore crack sailors even on PVE server. This is a hardcore game - its not for everyone!

As for me, I have always loved the age of sail. My first sailing game was Port Royal from 1 to 3. I played those games a long time. I had never tried POTB so I can not make a fair comparison between 2 real sailing games.

Am I going to completely quit NA? probably not (unless PvE server is shut down as I have no interest in PvP). Am I going to take more or less extended breaks due to frustration? Of course.

Before I talk about my frustration (s), let me first talk about what I love about this game: amazing ship models and environment, great community (at least on the PvE server), good trading, decent combat and ok crafting/overall economy.

My frustration (s): time consuming game, lack of the "little things" that make the game less tedious, extremely steep learning curve. In my opinion and based on my own game play and preferences, my major frustration is time. I don't think there is any fix for that and it is just the way it is. But having to sail 1-2 hours (sometimes longer) to get to the fun part (whether it is a battle, transporting goods to craft a ship or delivering to another player...etc) is just too much.

Like Liq mentioned in his post, I too have put in a thousand or so hours and it is costing me $0.03/hours, it's just too bad that out of all those hours most of them are AFK sailing!

PS: After reading people's posts, the most common theme is: "too much work for not enough fun/reward", which is reminiscent of a dull, boring dead end office job.

Edited by AngryPanCake
  • Like 3

What gets me is the fact that Admin says it’s a ‘Hardcore’ game not for everyone’..... 

then they basically strip all the ‘Hardcore’ elements from the game with patch 27. 

-PVP marks gone.... only way to earn them was thru PVP...This was Hardcore.

replaced by dubloons that really are only earned by killing Ai? 

And that’s Hardcore?

nope  

patch 27 killed NA for a vast # of people that were actually the Hardcore Element Admin seems to be going after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

My clan mostly stopped playing, few guys online. I will not quit, but I struggled after last patch.

* I bought all dlc except flags, late happenings prevented me buying flags, I am not optimistic about the game. I bought Le Req dlc for just commenting on steam. :( 

* DLC ships, in my opinion are pay to win. They broke all balance in shallow waters. Why Le Req has like double the crew, best upwind speed, best broadside weight, smallest sail area ? Which 6th rate is the counter to it ? You can not win against it cause it will run when it may lose ! The boarding mods of 6th rate becomes very much more powerful with 250 or more crew !!! Muskets/Musket numbers and add new musket mods to it...

* Devs keep introducing not needed stuff like stupid musket mods, I can not understand ! Mod stacking already bad. Now muskets doing nuke damage, what we needed in boarding mini-game ! Takes too long to hotfix stuff.

* Mods are too powerful / Mod stacking is op, favours veterans and kills casuals. I remember casual speed mod Gazelle was nerfed from 2 to 1, while other expensive ones nerfed much less, yet Devs introduce stuff like sextant / naval clock etc., so what happens they are always nerfing newbies and causals ! Like they nerfed normal muskets/shooting, but not so much nerf on the new super OP musket mods which are M16/M4 carbines, why the hell would you do that ! 

* KPR defence, I loved it, PVP out of port. Great pvp with many better players visiting us alone or with fleets. 1st rate fleet battles, big battles, it used to be great, but no more. DLC ships and latest patch totally killed that. Only requins with musket mods visits KPR waters to farm newbies and still spawning 3 navy brig in reinforcement will not stop a le reqin who is laughing hard. How hard can it be to code, to spawn better upwind reinforcement for upwind ships.

* OMG the Patrol Zones, how hard can it be, to adjust the freaking patrol zones !!! Why won't they fix the ROE ? Hundreds of times suggested and asked, Nothing they do nothing about it. Fix the prizes why the same damage in Nassau and Hispaniola gives the same rewards, first one you use 6th rate ships (of course Herc and Le Req !) but the second one you bring big guns, so doing damage is easier. Why not give us the rewards automaticaly before server maintainence time, but I have to claim it ??? Why ? what year are we in 1989 ? 

* Pvp marks system could change into dubloons but too little dubloons from admirality, I do not like looting dubloons in crowded battles, would prefer more from admirality according to damage sustained. This kind of killed group pvp.

* I was slapped in the face to see my pvp marks turning into dubloons which I can earn in one night at patrol zone. I was robbed hard, I could buy all the upgrades in admirality, lots of ships from admirality to a poorness level of only buying 1 suprise from admirality :):) , this is not so good behaviour. 

* * Game took long time in alpha/beta. So lots of people are playing the game like a finished product. Devs make big changes effecting comfort of many players, what players used to do. For example removing that dumb Combat Mission / Fleet Missions, that was a big great mistake, it really killed the causals, aside from removing enemy ships and fleets from friendly teritories. THAT WAS THE MINDLESS FUN FOR CASUALS. One big mistake too kill casual and pve clans, with a fking easy solution (give us fleet and combat missions again with little rewards, but some xp to grind ship slots. ) We used to have fun with lots of people during that mindless FLEET MISSIONS, teach new guys a few things, lots of talking going on during that stupid missions, Lots of FUN IS LOST.

* How do you expect anyone to grind 4th-1st rate slots ? it is like impossible. I can grind it, I can not think grinding the ships if I started the game now, I would not play the game, too boring, too grindy, too much time consuming.

* Introduced missions currently are failure, give us Combat Missions and Fleet missions back, until you figure out how to make new mission good. I am not going to Hispaniola to kill 20 first rate AI to earn 1500 dubloons, exposed to all PVP threats in my PVE moded super expansive first rate.

* Admin told that building 1st rate with oak costs 60.000 reals, I laughed hard at that, very funny. Why would anyone build an OAK 1ST Rate. This shows he does not know about his game. You will not spend all that resource, LH, dubloons to build a loly OAK 1st rate ! Which the woods bonuses are too high, should be more closer, why would lo/wo ship is %18 more thicker than any ship ? Teak is the ultrasuper space age ship coating... While oak is used only for fishing boats...

* What happened to mixed Fleets (3 bellona + 4 frig + 2 privateer), it was much more real than 10x1st rate 10x4th rate stupid fleets, why did they do this ???

* Admin admitted that he does not know about positional join ability of enemy in reinforcement zone (lets say the gankers), that was the whole thing to do for long time? Does not know the game.

* Still needs group tab function like other MMO ( I do not care about super hardcores who needs to know everyone in their group) Casuals need this. Not happening by chat window. Create Group > Definition: Nassau Patrol / PVE hunting / PVP hunting / Capitol Defence  > Ships: any ship accepted > Chat or TS > Additional information. You can make it private or public. If public nation players can see the group information, group leaders, players inside, aim of group, ships needed, open slots etc. Casuals need SOCIAL game but for short periods, they do not need clan shit, they do not need RVR, they want to sink stupid ai ships etc. Clan/RVR (it is time consuming/difficult etc) is for the guys posting here :) 

* Still needs lots of good additions from games like Sid Meir's Pirates, map collecting, PVE fun missions etc. Which may even start an instance, it is totally safe for player to go to enemy capital capture some ships, take map, try to find that epic/gold/silver chest, that leads to other adventures. He may be invisible to enemy players, and enemies will be invisible to him, total safe mission from pvp, he can resume later etc. Or PVE/PVP mission mix, one pve can lead to some adventures, where it comes to similiar level players fighting 1 vs 1 for a chest. This game is like minecraft you can build anything, but not the go kill 2x7th rate for 9 dubloons !

*** GAME STILL HAS THE BEST SHIP COMBAT, game has every chance to become one of the best Age of Sail games in history. Game is very open to new stuff/tools to make it epic. But all the respect struggling with managment of development process, has no structured plan, or it changes too much. 

* I still believe Developers somehow will manage to make this game great... That is why I will not quit this game.

Sorry for the long write but this post seems like a group therapy, so that is what I did.

Well said!

Almost every change in the game was done to satisfy a small group of PVP players which development team care so much for an unknown reason.

• Bonus stacking only helps veterans who know how to exploit every stat.
  • Economy build on those bonus stacking doesn't feel working. Why should I build oak/oak ship if I am going to sail it for hours/days/weeks/months? Boosting veterans as well.
  • Unannounced hotfixes that change combat mechanics, which some veterans can get a hand-on surprisingly fast. Casuals can get it when they are sunk if manage to understand what is going on.
  • When they add - change feature to the game, even for sake of protecting casuals they always prioritize to protect the rights of "veteran pvp players". Failing to understand 90% pvp is seal clubbing, raiding, pillaging, killing the weak.
  • Pushing casuals in a spartan way, survive and rise or die is just importing meat for the enjoyment of seal clubbers.

Like it or not, casual gameplay needs to be addressed and made core without sacrificing immersion and simulation. PvP should not be rewarded immensely, it is supposed to be hard to keep the habitat balanced.

I do believe developers will make it work. Mistakes were made but they showed us they can work around them.

Edited by Ellias
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Ellias said:

Well said!

Almost every change in the game was done to satisfy a small group of PVP players which development team care so much for an unknown reason.

• Economy build on those bonus stacking doesn't feel working. Why should I build oak/oak ship if I am going to sail it for hours/days/weeks/months? Boosting veterans as well.
  • Unannounced hotfixes that change combat mechanics, which some veterans can get a hand-on surprisingly fast. Casuals can get it when they are sunk if manage to understand what is going on.
  • When they add - change feature to the game, even for sake of protecting casuals they always prioritize to protect the rights of "veteran pvp players". Failing to understand 90% pvp is seal clubbing, raiding, pillaging, killing the weak.
  • Pushing casuals in a spartan way, survive and rise or die is just importing meat for the enjoyment of seal clubbers.

Like it or not, casual gameplay needs to be addressed and made core without sacrificing immersion and simulation. PvP should not be rewarded immensely, it is supposed to be hard to keep the habitat balanced.

I do believe developers will make it work. Mistakes are made but they showed us they can work around them.

I think you’re 100% wrong on this. 

Patch 27 killed the veteran player base as it completely and utterly nerfed open world PVP as well as RVR  

Patch 27 caters to the casual gamer: 

-PVP marks gone replaced by dubloons...

-green zone reinforcements increased tremendously

-green zone join timer basically gone  

1st rates and well crafted 4th and 5th rates have gone the way of the dodo bird  

- the only ‘veterans’ this mod favors are the  DLC ganking  crowd sailing around in their silly red ships- just look at combat news   

- oh and the removal of enemy fleets from friendly areas—- wow  hardcore  :(  .... Not   

• Like 5

I never really stop. Just go on long and short hiatus'.  

I await big patches that catch my interest. I follow here daily awaiting that moment I see something shinny.   

When I take a break it is due to RL or low player numbers.   

18 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

I think you’re 100% wrong on this. 

Patch 27 killed the veteran player base as it completely and utterly nerfed open world PVP as well as RVR  

Patch 27 caters to the casual gamer: 

-PVP marks gone replaced by dubloons...

-green zone reinforcements increased tremendously

-green zone join timer basically gone  

1st rates and well crafted 4th and 5th rates have gone the way of the dodo bird  

- the only ‘veterans’ this mod favors are the  DLC ganking  crowd sailing around in their silly red ships- just look at combat news   

- oh and the removal of enemy fleets from friendly areas—- wow  hardcore  :(  .... Not   

In other words, you think the game is not "hardcore" enough???

Edited by AngryPanCake

21 minutes ago, Ellias said:

Well said!

I do believe developers will make it work. Mistakes were made but they showed us they can work around them.

agree and disagree

casual players shouldnt be the core of the game .... because they are "casual"     however the game is currently almost unplayable for the casual player  and something needs to change to attract these players

bonus stacking im not too bothered about ,,,, you stack for one adavantage it usually leaves you weak elsewhere just sometimes its hard to discover your opponents weakness .. and exploit it

agree with hotfixes ... there are countless times changes have been made and the devs have not given all information ... we are supposedly testers how can you test something you dont know even exists

The wishes of the gankers do seem to be elevated ... i guess thats because thats the game play that the devs participate  in when they play ... it not supposed to be hard .... its supposed to be fun

theres a difference between something been hard to do and something challenging and fun

the dlc ships were aimed at the wrong players .... they are there for the pvp players who cannot be bothered trading and crafting although the have the capability ... rather than those that are struggling  or just casual players ... the DLC ships should be mid range ships of their class like essex cerberus ...etc that a seasoned vet wouldnt always choose to sail ... instead of the meta ganking ships

• Like 3

Hours of sailing in OW just seeing water made me bored im the kind of player that like to explore sail around..not sit in a region and stay there doing your own thing the whole time if they improve the OW speed I would return for NA for sure :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lancelot Teggin said:

Hours of sailing in OW just seeing water made me bored im the kind of player that like to explore sail around..not sit in a region and stay there doing your own thing the whole time if they improve the OW speed I would return for NA for sure :)

I am listening to dragonforce while sailing. Both speeds fit very well :D

Edited by z4ys