Game-Labs Forum

HMS Kingfisher - with an amazing history

Koltes

4th rate ship of the line - HMS Kingfisher was an amazing pirate hunter frigate masqueraded as a merchant ship.
In the battle that made her famous she have fought Algerian 3 sail ships and 5 galleys for 12 hours and won with 8 casualties and somewhat 30 wounded.
Same year she have sank Moroccan pirate and few years later captured Sophia 12 gun ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Kingfisher_(1675)

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/1738-hms-kingfisher-lss-by-jeff/

05.JPG.6e369632e7c21b7e1c6705a4b54fc901.JPG

• Like 7

"She was specially designed to counter the attacks of Algerine corsairs, or pirates, in the Mediterranean by masquerading as a merchantman, which she achieved by hiding her armament behind false bulkheads. She also was provided with various means of changing her appearance."

@admin I think NA definitely needs a ship like this. Mabye a Indiaman with less cargo space but more speed, guns and 5 slots please (!!!) that are hidden somehow? Please based sea god! ❤️

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sovereign said:

"She was specially designed to counter the attacks of Algerine corsairs, or pirates, in the Mediterranean by masquerading as a merchantman, which she achieved by hiding her armament behind false bulkheads. She also was provided with various means of changing her appearance."

@admin I think NA definitely needs a ship like this. Mabye a Indiaman with less cargo space but more speed, guns and 5 slots please (!!!) that are hidden somehow? Please based sea god! ❤️

it can be done very easy by giving the 5 slots free from the  Indiaman and give it another name (  i don't care what name)  so i do not think it is a very strange question the only problem seems to be that it is not pvp....for many (but restrictions and restrictions only ....and why!!  i really  don't know)

love your idea and hope your slots comes free...let protest an ask for a 5 slot free Indiaman.put on the yellow vests.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This article says that "The largest ship built at Woodbridge, on a slipway, where the cinema is now, was 663 ton Kingfisher in 1675. These were sizable ships and they were towed, by large rowing boats, to Deptford where they were fitted out in the Royal Dockyard". If the body of the ship was built in Woodbridge why isn't it attributed as being built in Woodbridge?