Game-Labs Forum

Im getting very tired of seeing this ship everyday and everywhere, it is killing ow variety.

I strongly believe that it is several of his stats which make it so attractive for raiders. Id say these 3 stats: speed (13.2), turn rate (5.18) and sailing profile (kiting upwind).

So in order to deal with those and without nerfing anything in the hercules (steam rules for DLC?) my suggestion is rather simple:

Buff the stats related to manueverability and speed in 5th rates like belle poule, essex, diana, trinco, cherubim, trinco and endymion, surprise, renomee.

I personally fail to understand why the supposely fastest ship in History, the endymion, is 0.8kn slower than the hercules (another square rig vessel).  Hercules was never known for doing the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

• Like 14

Why buff everything to unreasonable values ? :( ... 

Why not simply review the sail plan and change accordingly ? She has a excellent curve which just gets augmented by common modules, which are also used by all other ships ( yes, i'm looking at you Bellona and Aggamemnon ).

I agree with the DLC spam being too much as it is easily accessible. As a sidenote, engaged and destroye a Hercules while commanding a Privateer yesterday, more due to his mistakes and overconfidence than my own prowess.

• Like 1

Ship DLCs are new : the ships are new in game (and they are fun to sail) and the 24h cooldown linked to them is a new (and enjoyable) system.

Ppl like novelties.

My suggestion to have fewer Hercules (and LRQ) ?

1) Wait for ppl getting bored sailing the same DLC ships again and again and returning to the other non-DLC ships.

2) Create new ship DLCs to create novelties.

That fancy towards some ships is a temporary phenomenon. It's nice to see ppl liking something so much in a game. I don't think it is necessary to destroy that.

42 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

WTF ? How it is going to repair the game ? By creating another "cancer" ? Most of players use DLC ships because they are free and very good. You dont need any effort to get good ship with your favourite wood combination.

Edited by GhastlyGhost
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Im getting very tired of seeing this ship everyday and everywhere, it is killing ow variety.

I strongly believe that it is several of his stats which make it so attractive for raiders. Id say these 3 stats: speed (13.2), turn rate (5.18) and sailing profile (kiting upwind).

So in order to deal with those and without nerfing anything in the hercules (steam rules for DLC?) my suggestion is rather simple:

Buff the stats related to manueverability and speed in 5th rates like belle poule, essex, diana, trinco, cherubim, trinco and endymion, surprise, renomee.

I personally fail to understand why the supposely fastest ship in History, the endymion, is 0.8kn slower than the hercules (another square rig vessel).  Hercules was never known for doing the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

Sorry friend, but i have to say i disagree with you in all terms:

The Herc firms as a (very) light Frigate and as such ofc it has to have better sailing profiles and better maneuverability !!

But good luck getting with her into a Fleet Fight against an Indefatigable, Endymiron and, may God prevents, an Agamemnon... 🤔

You will quickly realize that all your maneuverabilizy doesnt matter much when one good broadside takes away half of your armor and you barely scratch the surface !!

No Herc is fine as it is, it fills a niche in the Fleet system and is mostly used for OW Trader Hunting, like Light Frigates were also used in RL: as Raiders

Its not their "superior" stats, as you suggests, what people make use them...nope, its just their 24h return timer which gives you a cheap option when you expect to get sunk, pretty simple !!

Nope, this ship is fine as it is with all his weaknesses and strength and leave it just as it is...

• Like 4

@Intrepido, soon you'll hear from all the smart people on this forum that Herc is indeed not dominating the OW, and that it's just your delusion - that ship is balanced and not used often. You're going against the tide, they'll be re-admited to RvR soon :)

Steam doesn't have any rules for nerfing content of DLC - it's a myth. Herc could be rebalanced and Steam wouldn't mind. In fact, it happened in the past already I think 2 times :)

Have a good day and a good struggle. You will probably loose it, but at least it's good to see someone try.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

No Herc is fine as it is, it fills a niche in the Fleet system

No DLC ship should fill any niche - that's the problem. Craftable ships are for this. DLC ships should only be easily available all-round ships, with no special performance in any situation. Then noone would be so mad about them.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, vazco said:

No DLC ship should fill any niche - that's the problem. Craftable ships are for this. DLC ships should only be easily available all-round ships, with no special performance in any situation. Then noone would be so mad about them.

So basicly cannon fodder.

3 minutes ago, staun said:

So basicly cannon fodder.

Pavel, Wasa or Consti have good characteristics of a DLC ship. You can peform well in them, but they don't fill any special niche. Such ships are not pay-to-win. Once a ship fills a popular niche, it starts to be a pay-to-win ship.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, vazco said:

Steam doesn't have any rules for nerfing content of DLC - it's a myth. Herc could be rebalanced and Steam wouldn't mind

If it is so, I guess to nerf a little the Herc & LRQ would be the ideal compromise. 

And add a blue config max for those "easy to get" ships.

• Like 1

I don’t have any problems with the Dlc ships. I understand why some don’t want it in the game. But when ever ppl complain about them, it sounds like they are the only ships used in the game and that they are so op, that no other ship can defeat them. Thats just not what I see when I play. I see plenty of other ships. They win fights, But they lose fights also. Only place where I see a significant higher numbers of Dlc is in the shallows and in Nassau patrole, But even there I start to see way more nigaras.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

If it is so, I guess to nerf a little the Herc & LRQ would be the ideal compromise. 

And add a blue config max for those "easy to get" ships.

Herc is fine and your blue config mac suggestion is very unfair.  Why shouldn't Herc owners have a chance of a premium?  Herc is not OP, it's popularity is ease of access, which is exactly what is wanted.  I went up against a guy last night who was too big of a bite and had to run away.  Because he SKILLFULLY employed his vessel (and I need to improve).  Stop beating on Herc and Git Gud.  Le Req is another conversation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spadarossa said:

1 daily is problem. Not the ships themselves. Nerf them and they won't be used at all. And that it not solving the "problem".

Why is that a problem? To my knowledge there redeem time is based on the LH it takes to build a simuler ship. I bet you if they make the Connie a Dlc, it would not have a 1 day cooldown.

But no matter what they do to the Dlc ship ppl will keep complain. Some one just don’t want them in game. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

1) Wait for ppl getting bored sailing the same DLC ships again and again and returning to the other non-DLC ships.

Unsure... At least I wouldn't bet on it. The convenience of imported ships here is greater here than prem tanks in wot, and people spam prem tanks forever to grind cash and crew. I am in no way unique in that regard:

9f762cf59f440ab2f7e37f814024eedb.png

1 hour ago, LeBoiteux said:

I'd welcome that but I do hope the next imported ship isn't as "unique" as herc or req.

35 minutes ago, vazco said:

DLC ships should only be easily available all-round ships, with no special performance in any situation. Then noone would be so mad about them.

Ye, but some people would still be mad because of principle or them wanting everyone to be forced to deal with the eco aspect.

I give up! Stupid, buggy spoilers that are uneditable!

Just now, Spadarossa said:

1 daily is problem. Not the ships themselves. Nerf them and they won't be used at all. And that it not solving the "problem".

I don't understand that it is a problem.  It puts players at sea.  I routinely craft multiple ships in a day for other activities.  Should I be limited there as well?  By redeeming one Herc per day (I don't, btw), you are acquiring guns for it every day and placing mods on it every day.  Even cheap refits have to be gotten from somewhere.  All of it is badly needed content.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Unsure... At least I wouldn't bet on it. The convenience of imported ships here is greater here than prem tanks in wot, and people spam prem tanks forever to grind cash and crew. I am in no way unique in that regard:

Reveal hidden contents

9f762cf59f440ab2f7e37f814024eedb.png

I'd welcome that but I do hope the next imported ship isn't as "unique" as herc or req.

Ye, but some people would still be mad because of principle or them wanting everyone to be forced to deal with the eco aspect.

By 'convenience', you mean the ability to redeem your DLC ship each day (not their supposed being OP), right ?

I'm sure there are different kinds of players who will use and are currently using DLC ships :

• 'Meta players' are able to use the same vehicle on and on to grind, get the best statistics, etc.
  • But the casual player, the History fan, the week-end warrior may be less pragmatic/tireless and may prefer diversity in the long run.

However, you're right, DLC ships are a real convenience for all (and thus it's a very good thing for NA). And the best way to have fewer LRQ/Hercules in OW is to create... new DLCs.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't understand that it is a problem.  It puts players at sea.  I routinely craft multiple ships in a day for other activities.  Should I be limited there as well?  By redeeming one Herc per day (I don't, btw), you are acquiring guns for it every day and placing mods on it every day.  Even cheap refits have to be gotten from somewhere.  All of it is badly needed content.

Not problem for me but for those who consider dlc to be a problem their wish for nerf. 

If they think problem is because seas are "swarming" with dlc ships it's not because of the power of the ships, it's because of the easy access.

Edited by Spadarossa
  • Like 1

People spend alot of time getting anywhere in this game, rather then spending thousands of dubloons on ships or spend time crafting it's easier to just dlc.

For example myself, I don't craft I just pvp.

Now when I sink I can either:

a) buy a new ship, spend 50 k for a frigate, (if you find the ship you want to sail and with the right woods).

b) Capture a crap ship

c) redeem a ship with my choice of woods in 1 sec

Choice is simple.

Point is, dlc is quick and easy to get out in the sea. That is why you see so many. I don't roll in herc or req because they are so overpowered, i do it because they are good ships that I can get competitive in without too much work.

But if can't redeem a herc or requin because it's on "cooldown" do I log out instead of playing?, no I either buy a new ship or I start crafting. But why should I if I don't need too?.

Edited by Spadarossa
  • Like 1

If you can run from any fight you can't win, you will never have to face a fleet of indef + agga as they don't have the speed and can't also go in shallow.

And in 1vs1 i'm pretty sure an indef or an aga would get stern camped to death due to the super turn rate of the Hercules.

Hercules as a DLC ships offer you good/rare woods buildchoices for free every single day (wo / teak / etc.. other players have to pay+gather) good firepower (edinorog-rdy) good sail profile, super turn rate, good base speed, bouncy hull. The only dowside is being super ugly and high on water.

Turn the Cerberus into DLC ship and you will not see the ow flooded with them.. If you don't see my point i can't help you.

• Like 4

Question is, is it interesting for the whole community of players, to get a "esay to get" ship with very good stats which somehow disturb the balance of the existing ships choice with close BR's.

It is good option for casual players, for example, but it apparently has its negative effects for other player profiles (saying it kills ships variety), for example.

This make me think of the Wasa which became for a while a killing machine in its category, it was the ship to own.  

It's all about the right compromise to find.

• Like 1

Don't forget Requin and Hercules are best hunting ships, people are annoyed that they not easily ganked. 

Take them away and people are forced to either hunt in smaller ships (too avoid gank) like snow, or niagara or whatever. And unless you are really good you won't be able to take anything down but small traders.

The open sea needs ships like herc and requin or it will be dead.

Personally without those ships I probably wouldn't even play as I hunt alone. Hunting in slower frigates means insta-gank and sunk. And hunting trade ships is not that thrilling.

Sure I can go in a fir/fir endymion super speed fit, but that also means that I can't really compete with another frigate.

Edited by Spadarossa
  • Like 1

I have to read my post again to make sure Im not talking about nerfing the Hercules but actually buffing other frigates to be more attractive.

Yes, the 24hr redeemable was a mistake but nothing can be done. However the frigates arent hard to craft so if some of them could have more appealing stats it would contribute to more enjoyment of the other frigates.

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I have to read my post again to make sure Im not talking about nerfing the Hercules but actually buffing other frigates to be more attractive.

Yes, the 24hr redeemable was a mistake but nothing can be done. However the frigates arent hard to craft so if some of them could have more appealing stats it would contribute to more enjoyment of the other frigates.

Making other frigates better is the same thing as nerfing Herc tho.:). Kind of. 

They will become trade ships hunters. And if i wanted to hunt trade ships I wouldn't even be doing that in a herc i could use a smaller and faster ship.

Edited by Spadarossa
  • Like 1