Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 29. Sextant, shallow water changes, improvements in the User interface.

Recommended Posts

  • Boading muskets bonuses and percentages was significantly lowered. (for example total firepower (resulting from accuracy and %) on Redoutable musket was lowered from 933% to 260%)

 Think a lot of ppl will be glad to see this. The next weeks will show if the nerf hit the spot, ore we still will need some adjustment. But nice that has been done something about it.

  • Chests now appear more often in Hunt and Search and Destroy missions

Not sure it will make much different, but I have no need to complaint about getting extra bonus. But have a hard time to see it motivates players to do those missions. Don't think it will bring the 2 hour man back in the game. Yes I do belive the 2 hour man is important to the game.

  • Victory marks cannot now be purchased for doubloons on the War Server (they still can be purchased in the admiralty on the Peace server in the PVE Exchange tab)

Well guess it is a small way to make port ownership a bit more important. But to me it gets close to the days where only top nations got VM. We all saw how that enden. It just will make the gab even bigger and my fear that even less will do RvR. It might also have a negative effect on OW since it have the potential to change the balance to a larger group sailing in SOL and the rest in 5 rate. But think it is fine in line of the way we want the game to develop. Ships once more got a bit more expensive, if not a lot more.

But to see the efffect on the change, do think we need to start by wiping all current VM. I have like 40. Lets all have like maybe 5 and remove the rest.

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, staun said:
  • Victory marks cannot now be purchased for doubloons on the War Server (they still can be purchased in the admiralty on the Peace server in the PVE Exchange tab)

Well guess it is a small way to make port ownership a bit more important. But to me it gets close to the days where only top nations got VM. We all saw how that enden. It just will make the gab even bigger and my fear that even less will do RvR. It might also have a negative effect on OW since it have the potential to change the balance to a larger group sailing in SOL and the rest in 5 rate. But think it is fine in line of the way we want the game to develop. Ships once more got a bit more expensive if not a lot more.

the devs want it to be as close as possible to realism in the counts of lineships on the OW, today you only see screening fleet of 1st and 2nd rates, think they are trying to get the 3rd rates the go to SOL regarding the cost, br and firepower

Edited by Wyy
warships to lineships
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, staun said:
  •  

But to see the efffect on the change, do think we need to start by wiping all current VM. I have like 40. Lets all have like maybe 5 and remove the rest.

not yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wyy said:

the devs want it to be as close as possible to realism in the counts of warships on the OW, today you only see screening fleet of 1st and 2nd rates, think they are trying to get the 3rd rates the go to SOL regarding the cost, br and firepower

And I think they are succeding in doing so. If you noticed I said this was in the Line of the way they wanted the game to move. 

Btw a 5 rate is also a warship, so we should all sail traders to get less warship in OW. Just teasing. I know you ment big war ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

not yet

Why not? Should we not test the effect. Isent that the purpos for us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, admin said:

not yet

am i correct if you just want to check the mechanics how they work in practice and then balance their numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a person with no grasp on reality

8 minutes ago, do not say dlc said:

This is what you really are...

atm.jpeg

So a person with no realisme, no clue  abouth anything are right ore wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wyy said:

am i correct if you just want to check the mechanics how they work in practice and then balance their numbers

they're going to add rewards for VMs. I hope you saved :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, staun said:
  • Boading muskets bonuses and percentages was significantly lowered. (for example total firepower (resulting from accuracy and %) on Redoutable musket was lowered from 933% to 260%)

 Think a lot of ppl will be glad to see this. The next weeks will show if the nerf hit the spot, ore we still will need some adjustment. But nice that has been done something about it.

  • Chests now appear more often in Hunt and Search and Destroy missions

Not sure it will make much different, but I have no need to complaint about getting extra bonus. But have a hard time to see it motivates players to do those missions. Don't think it will bring the 2 hour man back in the game. Yes I do belive the 2 hour man is important to the game.

  • Victory marks cannot now be purchased for doubloons on the War Server (they still can be purchased in the admiralty on the Peace server in the PVE Exchange tab)

Well guess it is a small way to make port ownership a bit more important. But to me it gets close to the days where only top nations got VM. We all saw how that enden. It just will make the gab even bigger and my fear that even less will do RvR. It might also have a negative effect on OW since it have the potential to change the balance to a larger group sailing in SOL and the rest in 5 rate. But think it is fine in line of the way we want the game to develop. Ships once more got a bit more expensive, if not a lot more.

But to see the efffect on the change, do think we need to start by wiping all current VM. I have like 40. Lets all have like maybe 5 and remove the rest.

Dude there is what like 300 *not correct number* of ports out there so don't say the top nations will get ports.  Any one can go capture and useless port that doesn't have a timer and get VM's from it.  This will make small clans actually fight over none important ports cause they will want to get there own VM's too.

If any thing gets wiped it should be every thing econ related.


Though @admin thanks for taking for ever to do this,  VM other than for permits has been pretty much useless....but up till this patch no one bought them cause they could just buy them with doubloons for cheap (which is ok on PvE server).  VM's need to have a value and something other than SOL permits to buy with them. I still think we should be able to trade them in for DOUBLOONS, so folks can have another means to get doubloons in game.   Are maybe some special paints or flags you can only get with VM's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Dude there is what like 300 *not correct number* of ports out there so don't say the top nations will get ports.  Any one can go capture and useless port that doesn't have a timer and get VM's from it.  This will make small clans actually fight over none important ports cause they will want to get there own VM's too.

If any thing gets wiped it should be every thing econ related.

Well lets see what happens.

Just for the record, I didn’t say anything about nations. I said, I think the gab between players will be even bigger with this change. That it might affect OW.

But no I don’t think this will bring any more RvR. It will be the same doing RvR. But I could be wrong. Time will show. 

You also should notice that I said it is fine in Line with the way devs want to develop the game. Nice that they have plottet a heading and stearing after it.

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, admin said:

Hotfix was deployed today 11th January

  • Boading muskets bonuses and percentages was significantly lowered. (for example total firepower (resulting from accuracy and %) on Redoutable musket was lowered from 933% to 260%)
  • Chests now appear more often in Hunt and Search and Destroy missions
  • Victory marks cannot now be purchased for doubloons on the War Server (they still can be purchased in the admiralty on the Peace server in the PVE Exchange tab)

 

 

@admin thx for update but seems to be broken.

tested with shooting skill and without and theres no difference anymore.

Sadistic Dentist tested with full boarding setup and sea muskets. he killed 40 men while npc was on defend.

Pls hotfix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Captain Cid said:

@admin thx for update but seems to be broken.

tested with shooting skill and without and theres no difference anymore.

Sadistic Dentist tested with full boarding setup and sea muskets. he killed 40 men while npc was on defend.

Pls hotfix

On which ship vs. which ship.

In any case.

Granted numbers in Minnow spreadsheet, redoutable will be down like to the worst (previously) musket.

Not yet tested but I know effectiveness of acc.1 extra 0.1: not relevant even on defend having shooting book.

We are back to pre musket period... But I think people is forgetting the nerf to crew mod/books. Therefore boarders are back to then, vs. buffed barricades (got buffed from +30% defend to +40% during the "8kts-boarding" 24hrs patch; then reversed... but barricades buff stays) and less potential crew.

I suspect it will be a bad period for boarders... Until, hopefully soon, boarding UI patch + related revamp/rebalance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I still think we should be able to trade them in for DOUBLOONS, so folks can have another means to get doubloons in game. 

Yeah give everybody more dubs. And don't forget to make SOLs cheaper, set fleet perk 1 and prepared and control by default, more trade good supply, more rewards in missions, more npcs right in front of my capital to farm. More is all we need..

Edit: forgot the consequences: when we have everything please regularly provide us with new content because otherwise after one or two month the game gets boring 

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

933% !!!!!!!!!!, thx for removing the exploit, I hope 260% is okay

Mate: you hate boarding and it's your right. Still it was not an exploit. It was a feature.

Should I consider mast sniping an exploit or a feature (and still a viable tactic)?

Should you consider more realistic in an Age of Sail simulation mast sniping or that being boarded by a better lead, trained and equipped crew you'll lose your ship? Just to know.

And no whining. Simply pointing facts.

I will 'serenely' keep hunting.

😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Captain Cid said:

Bucc vs pavel

 

So definately low as in the past (or even lower) as I supposed based on numbers.

Anti-boarding lobby will be happy... for now 😂😂😂

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Old adage of grape and then board still holds strong. Nothing has changed for many veterans.

Oh yes. I know.

The funny part is that boarding will be (again) far more viable against far bigger (and smaller as obvious) targets than against similar sized ones...

That's pretty counter intuitive 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

Oh yes. I know.

The funny part is that boarding will be (again) far more viable against far bigger (and smaller as obvious) targets than against similar sized ones...

That's pretty counter intuitive 😂😂😂

Not again. Was always. The method didn't change. What changes is the outright boarding without any other consideration.

I'm glad everyone tested them for the developers to make design changes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Not again. Was always. The method didn't change. What changes is the outright boarding without any other consideration.

I'm glad everyone tested them for the developers to make design changes.

I know it has been normal, and I did as all boarders.

Still the point stands: boarding is more viable against a bigger target than against a similar one: and it's quite counter intuitive.

Not to speak about that this will lead again to one working fitting: stacking attack. And a dozen and more of trash mods. Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Licinio Chiavari you are delusional due to all that op mods you have been using. Boarding is not rage boarding (realistic view), if you rage board 380 crew ship which also has boarding mods, and you win in your 250 crew ship with musket mods, mate those were chainguns at year of 1750, many of them. I am unsure you can kill 380 crew with non-stop chain guns in few rounds.

So I am happy that rage boarders are unhappy :) . This is ship battle, so to board you have to work, you have to reduce their crew etc., that is better overall, more skillful than hitting musket volley button on defence or BRACE ! ( but I respect your overal skills with Le Troll, you may be the best captain on it)

You do not board 400 crew with your 250 crew, but you may board vice versa.

I have the le troll. I tried it few times against other 6th rates, Snow, Niagra... I felt very sorry for those guys. 3 rounds boarding and gameover, it was painful, I offered them their ships etc., I guess they already rage quit, they never respond. I  may be the worst red sail captain out there, but winning so easy :( 

On the other hand I hate single shot  mast sniping, from turning ships, sailing ships, that is stupid arcade. Yes it is a skill, but like counter strike  (provided you put and stack the right mods most of the time, mod stacking !). I am totaly okay with broad side mast takedowns after rigging damage to may be 60-70 percent, simulating missing ropes, weakened structures, after that point, it should be easy to demast with lucky single shot or broadsides. But hey the guy starts shooting, 1-2-3-4-5, opps demasted ... So he has the superior penetration combined with longs or poods, you need counter elite french rig, kirimati to compete. I want him to work more, give me sail damage, rigging damage, when my rigging weak, yes demast time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

@Licinio Chiavari ... [Unable to cancel my name 😂]

I am pretty relaxed if you read what I wrote. And I killed bulkloads of enemies in smaller, bigger and same sized ships before muskets mods. TBH, having to farm less now, I killed far more before than after.

And looks like that this single Indef killed traumatized you a lot.

First. There's no rage boarding (ie. emergency boarding while losing a gunnery duel, often done even without boarding fittings) ever in my assaults.

Boarding was prepared well before even seeing the enemy. As you prepare your ship for a kind of fight (close range, brawl, sniping/kiting) the boarder prepares himself for... A boarding.

Secondly an Indef will keep being a suitable target for Requin boarding: Requin will simply have to sterncamp the Indef. That is douable turning wise.

What I was pointing out about boarding balance before muskets and then now even more (granted Barricade buff and crew mod nerf both on) it is weirdly far more viable against A BIGGER TARGET than your ship than against a similar sized one (or even smaller!)

Because I can sterncamp a Agamennon (or bigger ships) ... And easily reduce him (with related consequencies to morale and thus ability to defend) to a manageable crew level (I remember killing 350 crew of an Inger in like 4 minutes), while I cant realistically sterncamp a Surprise nor (even worst) an Hercules.

And without a rework of boarding values (and muskets were OP as I said N+1 times), a boarder will find (again as in the past) easier a bigger target than a similar sized one.

TBH, worst and more than in the past due to higher barricades defensive bonus and lower crew count. As I pointed.

This looks pretty counter logical IMO 😆

Making it short:

You are saying that a better lead, trained and equipped ship crew is unable (again now) to overcome an inferior but similarly sized crew and that is balanced.

And at same time the same ship crew can sterncamp to death a ship 2/3 times bigger and then win the boarding. And this is balanced too.

 

If you (and you did) read my posts you should know (and you do) that I always said muskets were OP and they need to be nerfed. And I hate winning due to OP/too unbalanced mods.

But I said too that boarding for a 5/6+ mod+book boarder (not to speak about unavailability of different and working settings with pros and cons) against a similar crewed enemy without any single book should be possible and so viable, breaking defender even without his plain stupid errors.

PS: if you board 6th rates with a Requin it's not because being damn easy even for an unexperienced Requin captain like you (your words); it's 6th rates captains being simply terrible. So terrible they would die in any case in any way, on any ship vs any ship handled by a veteran.

Because trying to board a 6th rate was and is pure pain for a Requin.

And you know this too (or you should).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×