Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Soon, it will be no country for anyone.

Steamcharts shows a decrease of 6% of the game population. And that is after a major patch and after the game being on sales.

 

the decline in players is greater than 6%  there maybe only a small decrease in numbers logging in.. but its about how long they stay logged in .... i still log in every day .. but its a case of .no one online and logging out again  .. its saturday afternoon and there are 230 players in game ..  it woul have been double that  before the last changes

primetime on an evening is the same

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

allways the same, when RvR dies pvp dies aswell because RvR players sustain the lack of RvR for a bit of time but end up in inactivity after a short while

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rediii said:

allways the same, when RvR dies pvp dies aswell because RvR players sustain the lack of RvR for a bit of time but end up in inactivity after a short while

the question to ask is why has RVR died ....

the answer is .. its too expensive or difficult to replace the ships you might lose ... the time and effort to build a ship is not proportionate to the fun sailing and fighting with it ..

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Community was and is the biggest strength of this game. Clans used to pick up every new and old player to integrate them, to be ultimately stronger in PBs or to have a better economy to back it up. This all lost its purpose ever since PBs got so tedious and worthless which slowly killed a lot of clans.

People like Havelock, Sveno or SruPl carried this game so long, most of them gave up recently because of this.

Swedish TS on primetime 2 days ago: There were 10 people online, 4 of them played PUBG. All big clans deserted.

Edited by Ganking Simulator
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

the question to ask is why has RVR died ....

the answer is .. its too expensive or difficult to replace the ships you might lose ... the time and effort to build a ship is not proportionate to the fun sailing and fighting with it ..

 

no its wrong, we have hundreds of vic marks and several 100k of dubs laying around.

Its too much work to get portbattles for ports that are not worth spending time on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rediii said:

no its wrong, we have hundreds of vic marks and several 100k of dubs laying around.

Its too much work to get portbattles for ports that are not worth spending time on.

HAVOC is HAVOC. You are probably also earning a lot of reals from Nassau.

I think he is talking about the issues that might have the average playerbase.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

HAVOC is HAVOC. You are probably also earning a lot of reals from Nassau.

I think he is talking about the issues that might have the average playerbase.

I bet other ppl have enough dubs aswell, its easy to get them trough pve and pvp. If not they should get used to sailing 5th rates and not go heavy 100% of the time.

but yea I agree the 1st rate based hostilitysystem we have right now doesnt work with the cost of ships we have ingame

Edited by rediii
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RvR in a game with stagnant playerbase is tedious anyway. There is just a percentage of players willing to RvR and at some point you have fought every single player participating in it. You know what to expect, you know your chances to win, all possible metas have been played. The 'new' is just gone and it gets repetitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rediii said:

I bet other ppl have enough dubs aswell. If not they should get used to sailing 5th rates and not go heavy 100% of the time.

but yea I agree the 1st rate based hostilitysystem we have right now doesnt work with the cost of ships we have ingame

It is not only about the required ships for hostility.

You also need screeners for going to a PB if you dont want to lose your incredibily expensive PB fleet. And lets be honest, a screening fleet of indefatigables will be useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rediii said:

no its wrong, we have hundreds of vic marks and several 100k of dubs laying around.

Its too much work to get portbattles for ports that are not worth spending time on.

not the same for all clans ... we certainly dont have hundreds of vic marks or several 100k of dubs

however its not the vic marks or the dubs that are the problem ... its the time spent getting everything in one place ... the labour hours ... the rng factor .. that doesnt motivate players .. and then as you say the prize at the end ... it all becomes meh 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

there isnt a ton of new blood ... the levels of players in game say so .. unless everyone playing is new

the game  has become even more  long winded and has become  boring ,,,

i logged on yesterday .. left port after  30 minutes .. i hadnt seen another player ... and i hadnt seen any ai  that i could attack with a reasonable chance of surviving ,, plenty of ai fleets but sailing an  endy finding an AI suprise with 10 medium size ships in itS fleet is not an attractive proposition

finally a traders snow apeared attacked it,,,,, 4 iberian pork and 999 reals reward later ... i sailed back and went to  play something else spent 80 mins in game of which only 10 were in battle the rest was staring at empty sea

Im not sure which change has killed the fun ... maybe its a combination

think this  was a niche game to start with .. but  the niche is becoming smaller and smaller

this is the best game ive ever played ...  ive had so much fun ive almost fallen off my chair laughing and also raged as well ..... but the motivation to play has gone with the latest changes ...it seems the same with a lot of other players too ...the balance between the amount of time invested in playing ....to the fun i get out of it ... has shifted so much .. i dont see the point in logging in

its a shame

Totally agree. I have had sessions of 9, 10 hours many days, the game was dynamic and It was alive, there were things to do, now I can not stand even one hour, I just look for six rates in hunt missions to get doubloons. Sometimes I see an "enemy" player out there who quickly vanishes. The game in question of players is under minimum, is undeniable, what I do not understand is why they do not realize the devs. It will not be that the players want less hardcore and more dynamism? Rectify is wise. And with confidence that you are.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

It is not only about the required ships for hostility.

You also need screeners for going to a PB if you dont want to lose your incredibily expensive PB fleet. And lets be honest, a screening fleet of indefatigables will be useless.

Why would it be useless?

What makes you think the enemy has a easier time getting ships to screen you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

not the same for all clans ... we certainly dont have hundreds of vic marks or several 100k of dubs

however its not the vic marks or the dubs that are the problem ... its the time spent getting everything in one place ... the labour hours ... the rng factor .. that doesnt motivate players .. and then as you say the prize at the end ... it all becomes meh 

labour hours is no problem aswell.

Organization of ppl might be a problem though.

 

Thing is, if the game is too easy ppl have nothing to do very fast because its just 1st rate spam against eachother.

If the game is too hard ppl dont adjust (the old "I wanna sail a 1st rate" type of player) and the devs dont make it easy to adjust either, because you still need these expensive 1st rates for hostilitygrinding 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Why would it be useless?

What makes you think the enemy has a easier time getting ships to screen you?

the enemy doesnt have it easier ... everyone is in the same position ... thats why no one can be bothered

Thing is, if the game is too easy ppl have nothing to do very fast because its just 1st rate spam against eachother. 

and that is what i was talking about earlier finding a balance ... the devs seem to  go from one extreme to another whithout  consideration to what is attarcting players and what turns them off

they seem to cater to people who have the most extreme views .... in one case they hardcore pvp players ... then they switch to those that like to sail every where and find it exciting to be lost with no idea where they are

there is never any middleground

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

RvR in a game with stagnant playerbase is tedious anyway. There is just a percentage of players willing to RvR and at some point you have fought every single player participating in it. You know what to expect, you know your chances to win, all possible metas have been played. The 'new' is just gone and it gets repetitive.

Thats also a consequence of harder requirements for doing this end game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

the enemy doesnt have it easier ... everyone is in the same position ... thats why no one can be bothered

 

hello kitty logic :D I disagree with you grundge and thats fine :) 

I still see the problem in the hard work to get a pb going and the low gain from winning one for most ports

Edited by rediii
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rediii said:

Why would it be useless?

What makes you think the enemy has a easier time getting ships to screen you?

It will be useless against a proper defense force. The defender can send proper ships to face you meanwhile the attackers, in the middle of enemy waters, have the fleet they could gather.

Think when Havoc wanted to attack a russian port north of Belize and your PB fleet came across with a full first rate russian fleet wanting to screen you.

Edited by Intrepido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rediii said:

hello kitty logic :D I disagree with you grundge and thats fine :) 

I still see the problem in the hard work to get a pb going and the low gain from winning one for most ports

i dont think we disagree .. I did say earlier the work involved in getting a pb ship is not worth the fun/ rewards from sailing and fighting it ... maybe your idea of the hard work .. is getting ppl motivated to do the port battle .... all im saying is its hard  to get them motivated ... because of the grind required to build a ship ,,, whether that grind be for vic marks, dubs. labour hours ,,, the materials ... the upgrades ... or probably all of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

It will be useless against a proper defense force. The defender can send proper ships to face you meanwhile the attackers, in the middle of enemy waters, have the fleet they could gather.

Think when Havoc wanted to attack a russian port north of Belize and your PB fleet came across with a full first rate russian fleet wanting to screen you.

yea and? did they get the ships gifted?

Why not go in and sink a few firsts they cant replace or just retreat and prepare a bigger fleet?

 

I dont get your logic here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

i dont think we disagree .. I did say earlier the work involved in getting a pb ship is not worth the fun/ rewards from sailing and fighting it ... maybe your idea of the hard work .. is getting ppl motivated to do the port battle .... all im saying is its hard  to get them motivated ... because of the grind required to build a ship ,,, whether that grind be for vic marks, dubs. labour hours ,,, the materials ... the upgrades ... or probably all of that

the problem of motivation is that they dont have a personal gain from winning a portbattle.

And the stuff I already mentioned, too much work to get a PB going.

 

Its not the shipcosts.

 

Problem is the current patch didnt changed the stuff that is connected with the eco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not like the way RvR works and I do not like how portbattles work. It is very time consuming and I find it very hard to spend time for something I do not like.  I find it boring to sail around in a 8,5 kn concrete brick and being told in witch direction to sail and when to push the fire button. BR changes bring a little change to the better but if this is the endgame content, its no fun for me. I always arranged with that and participated in some portbattles to support my nation. What matters to me is OW PvP, no RvR, no patrolzone PvP, no PvE. I will like every mechanic that will increase OW PvP and if RvR or patrolzone PvP or PvE leads to OW PvP, I am fine with those.

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rediii said:

the problem of motivation is that they dont have a personal gain from winning a portbattle.

And the stuff I already mentioned, too much work to get a PB going.

 

Its not the shipcosts.

 

Problem is the current patch didnt changed the stuff that is connected with the eco.

You think from the perspective of the winning side, but the losers will begin to concern about ship costs when they cant replace lineships in a reasonable time for the next rvr action.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rediii said:

yea and? did they get the ships gifted?

Why not go in and sink a few firsts they cant replace or just retreat and prepare a bigger fleet?

 

I dont get your logic here

Or perhaps you can lose the entire lineship fleet achieving nothing. If you retreat, you have just wasted time and effort for nothing.

And I repeat, not everyone is like HAVOC and have the same k/d ratio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You think from the perspective of the winning side, but the losers will begin to concern about ship costs when they cant replace lineships in a reasonable time for the next rvr action.

 

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Or perhaps you can lose the entire lineship fleet achieving nothing. If you retreat, you have just wasted time and effort for nothing.

And I repeat, not everyone is like HAVOC and have the same k/d ratio.

then you come with fireships and sink some ships the enemy cant replace that easily. The lack of ppls imagination to win is allways weird

 

edit: easy 1st rate access for everyone doesnt solve it in my oppinion.

Edited by rediii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I do not play NA at the moment, that's not the patch and the new challenges. Actually, the opposite is the case, these new challenges motivate me immensely. A working economy with the ultimate goal of building a larger number of battleships will be what will motivate me after a release as a dealer.
The only reason that keeps me from playing at the moment is the fact that I do not want to spend my time if I read tomorrow in the forum, the game will be released on January 15th. If the DEVS already publish fairly accurate technical timetables for the release, I get the impression that this release can not be that far away. If this is not the case, then it would be a pretty big stupidity of the DEVS, as it is still quiet in any game that I know shortly before the release.

This is not a World of Warship where I can have instant fun at the push of a button and where it does not matter when the DEVS press the reset button. In its current form, building a functioning economic system requires a lot of planning and effort to get specific components to build large ships. I therefore prefer to spend my time on the PvE server to find cheap places to restart and to gain more experience of the new economic system.

One final word about the PvP / RvR. Even if someone repeats it every day, it does not get any more true that the new patch made it impossible to do PvP. You can also sink each other after the patch every day. You have with the DLC ships  good ships for PvP, and to push a button is the only job you must do.

The only difference is that the use of large ships entails much more risks. So do not permanently tell that PvP is no longer possible, but say how it is. You no longer get thrown off your battleships and are now dissatisfied because you can no longer sink everything and everyone with your speed-fitted Bellona. Because even your speed-fitted Bellona could catch it and then you have to take the trouble to get a new speed-fitted Bellona. I used to push a button and it was already there. Personally,Before the Patch i had the money for 57 x Ocean (market price 4 million) and was able to skip the button 5 times in LT and had 5 new Oceans. Some thought it was great, it just bored me.

I wish DEVS to stand firm and give the new system a chance after a hopefully upcoming release. Then there is still the chance to turn the set screws to mitigate the difficulty in one area or the other.

Sorry for my Google-English :)

Edited by Hellmuth von Mücke
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×