Game-Labs Forum
Celtiberofrog

Would you like to test the "Flag hostility mechanic" again ?

Would you like to test the "Flag hostility mechanic" again ?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to test the "Flag hostility mechanic" again ?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't care

The Poll feature does not seem to work properly for me, I can't edit any...

So could someone make a Poll to ask simple question:

Would you like to test the "Flag hostility mechanic" again ?

YES

NO

I DO NOT CARE

This hypothesis is proposed while Dev's said they will soon upgrade the RVR systems.

• Like 4

Yes. With no timers, ports can be attacked multiple times per day, always open.

With Flags being able to be pulled only from Naval Bases or Shroud Cay ( have clan choose which nation port is the Naval Base, all clans can create in flag in Shroud )

Flag must be crafted ( note - search for 18th century invasion fleet logistics lists as reference ) and not merely bought.

Let's rock'n'roll.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Yes. With no timers, ports can be attacked multiple times per day, always open.

Damned ! you going quite far :D

yet hostility systems up to now have been wearing out RVR players...

Flag system had this advantage to create content easily, which was keeping player base quite active.

Now, "no timers" and "multiple times per day" ! these are features to be settled adequately, kind of tricky I admit. 

but should not it be possible to test something within Flag system spirit ?

• Like 1

YES!!!!But flag must be limited ..it is the hard work on this feature. A good mechanic and it will be good :). Fake flag are may be boring but it s a good system for "small" nations when you have Zerg Nations in front of you. Sure...abuse isn t a good thing… But it s more "playable" for small nations.

Example :

May be flags can be bought only if you have a fleet with the good BR. Only launch and buy it if you have a group for the PB. (A player alone cannot buy a flag)

I don t know..i m not a dev ...but they must work on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celtiberofrog said:

The Poll feature does not seem to work properly for me, I can't edit any...

So could someone make a Poll to ask simple question:

Would you like to test the "Flag hostility mechanic" again ?

YES

NO

I DO NOT CARE

This hypothesis is proposed while Dev's said they will soon upgrade the RVR systems.

i would love to try it, but think you should make a poll in the thread for easier overview :)

17 minutes ago, Wyy said:

i would love to try it, but think you should make a poll in the thread for easier overview :)

yep, my apology but poll does not work for me or i'm enough ignorant not to succeed in doing it.

So that's why I asked for someone to create it.

why go back to the flag system! it was a placeholder seriously! just wait for the devs to update to a more in-depth system, stop proposing to the devs to change existing mechanics and rather ask for new/more mechanics which will bring us more content.

• Like 1

Hostility as it stands now is fine.  It is very easy to flip a port, you simply need to learn the mechanics... 

To create enough hostility you have to sink 40 ships of the same rate as the port.  So 40 6th rates, 40 4th rates, ect.  Obviously sinking 40 6th rates or 40 4th rates in the equivelent rates is extremely hard, you almost always will not complete hostility before being intercepted.  So you need to do it much quicker than this.  In order to do so, you need to bring larger ships than the required rate to complete hostility in a reasonable time.  Que the 2nd and 1st rates...

For example on a 6th rate port, a division/light squadron of 4-6 1st rates will produce 50+% of hostility in one battle... so that means in just 2 quick battles the PB is set and you're off to the races...

4th rate ports take a little more, but still super easy, 1 battle will be around 35% with the same numbers, so about 3 battles (reallly 2.5 worth of ships) you have flipped the port and off to the races...

1st rate ports will take a little more grind because again its 40 1st rates, no shortcut on that, you're going to have to grind it out, but you should get it in 4-5 battles with a full squadron of 10 1st rates...

So as you can see hostility is not difficult at all, what it does require however is some preparation, its not meant for the unorganized and light fleet, or for any Tom, Dick and Harry to just flip ports willy nilly.  It is meant for clans who can actually get the naval power to create enough % points to push the port over the top.  Planning is key and building a large enough fleet to do the job.

Edited by Hemp Amore
  • Like 1

Yes, bring back flags in the form of port raids.

Disagree with others in this thread... Flags should be only able to be pulled within timer windows, serve to quickly run up 80% of the port's hostility, generate doubloons and siphon tax revenue and port-produced goods off the attacked port if successful.

I'd add that I'd like to see a successful raid be set up around not capturing circles but rather by destroying emplacements, towers and forts.  If a successful raid is undertaken as part of hostility generation then those emplacements are not there for the port battle?

Edited by Wraith
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Amazing to see how people asks for broken systems. And getting even support.

No wonder why NA is going downhill.

Totally agree!

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Yes, bring back flags in the form of port raids.

Disagree with others in this thread... Flags should be only able to be pulled within timer windows, serve to quickly run up 80% of the port's hostility, generate doubloons and siphon tax revenue and port-produced goods off the attacked port if successful.

this would work I think, the conquest mechanic currently in the game can stay, but the flag system could indeed be implemented for raids WHICH WERE PROMISED AS CONTENT! some time ago.

this way the flag system will be back and generate quick conquest action and extra content is added to the game which we badly need.

@Hemp Amore what do you think about this compromise?

Edited by Rickard
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rickard said:

this would work I think, the conquest mechanic currently in the game can stay, but the flag system could indeed be implemented for raids WHICH WERE PROMISED AS CONTENT! some time ago.

this way the flag system will be back and generate quick conquest action and extra content is added to the game which we badly need.

@Hemp Amore what do you think about this compromise?

That's not too bad, I kind of like the idea... crafted flag (rarer mats), raises 80% allowing the tax/doubloon siphon with the option of raising the last 20%...

But I think the initial hostility should be reduced to 50% so that it gives the responding clan a chance to respond in the event the attacking clan plans more than a mere raid and actual PB...  80% is really really close to the goal, imho...  at 50% it would leave 2 battles left to work with depending on BR of the port...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hemp Amore said:

That's not too bad, I kind of like the idea... crafted flag (rarer mats), raises 80% allowing the tax/doubloon siphon with the option of raising the last 20%...

But I think the initial hostility should be reduced to 50% so that it gives the responding clan a chance to respond in the event the attacking clan plans more than a mere raid and actual PB...  80% is really really close to the goal, imho...  at 50% it would leave 2 battles left to work with depending on BR of the port...

The number could be tweaked and probably need to be balanced with ship losses on both sides... 80% might be high since if the raid was defended and you were still successful you'd flip the port battle through the PvP victories in the battle itself, etc.

But that still could be ok, I'd like to test it though. As far as giving the responding clan a chance to muster, I mean.. it's in their timer, they get a notice the raid has been planned and the flag is on its way.. they'll have plenty of warning to get their poop in a group and hunt for those mortar brigs and the "flag," landing ship (Indiaman troop transports perhaps?)  :)   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

well isn't the concept of a "raid" to attack the port just like a port battle but instead of capturing the city/port just capture lots of supplies, materials and gold and then run away? 

1 minute ago, Rickard said:

well isn't the concept of a "raid" to attack the port just like a port battle but instead of capturing the city/port just capture lots of supplies, materials and gold and then run away? 

I think so yes, but what is to stop the clan once the get in the AO and at 80% collecting mats/money, say to themselves, "well its already at 80% you guys wanna just flip it?"  I can already hear it in discord lol....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The number could be tweaked and probably need to be balanced with ship losses on both sides... 80% might be high since if the raid was defended and you were still successful you'd flip the port battle through the PvP victories in the battle itself, etc.

But that still could be ok, I'd like to test it though. As far as giving the responding clan a chance to muster, I mean.. it's in their timer, they get a notice the raid has been planned and the flag is on its way.. they'll have plenty of warning to get their poop in a group and hunt for those mortar brigs and the "flag," landing ship (Indiaman troop transports perhaps?)  :)   

I agree a "Raid" should be something unannounced and quick, but to limit the Strength of a "Raid" should be within a time slot set by the defender, the person to set this time slot should once again be the Lord-Protector of the port just like before and just to give a lord-protector something to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

I think so yes, but what is to stop the clan once the get in the AO and at 80% collecting mats/money, say to themselves, "well its already at 80% you guys wanna just flip it?"  I can already hear it in discord lol....

yeah, I can remember those times. big battles big ship movements and even bigger Teamspeak channels, fun times indeed!

a "Raid" itself could, of course, develop into a port battle if the troop numbers are high enough of course, but it should, however, be somewhat harder to get the PB going then the "Raid".

Edited by Rickard

1 minute ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

unannounced and quick pb with 300 players online mean empty or pve battles = boring at the max !

unannounced and quick "RAID", the clue is in the name.

"Raid" != "Port Battle";

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rickard said:

unannounced and quick "RAID", the clue is in the name.

"Raid" != "Port Battle";

Sacking of enemy ports. Burn their ships, loot their warehouse, burn their structures. Raze the town !

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Sacking of enemy ports. Burn their ships, loot their warehouse, burn their structures. Raze the town !

How cruel ! 😢

• Like 2