Game-Labs Forum

We want outlaw battles!

1 hour ago, Capn Rocko said:

Its hopeless. He also fails to mention how a pirate knows you are outside his battle and how he knows when to leave. Hypothetically, pirates would do a much better job at pulling off this conspiracy theory by tagging AI instead of themselves. At least AI battles vanish from OW. 

They could just jump out blind and if they don't find something they like enter another outlaw battle.  However if you have 3+ people involved you can use this nifty thing called a "spotter"

3 hours ago, Latron said:

I'm aware that outlaw battles were open to all, but depending on where it is, it can allow them to get reinforcements from miles away, and nationals might not be able to have the same response. Also why do you think pirates deserve an advantage in small battles? Seems unfair imo

So you’re implying that you would rather gank them instead of having a great mechanic that makes total sense.. Ok..

33 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

post battle join and tag timers don't negate the OW position and surprise that has been gained.

But if you would see a outlaw battle, what makes it impossible for you to sail out of the view range? Or are you that inside out that you have to cross the battle swords and risk getting tagged? Im excited for your answer

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Wyy said:

So you’re implying that you would rather gank them instead of having a great mechanic that makes total sense.. Ok..

Who said it had to be a gank? It could be two Swedes chasing two Pirates and they could pull the same trick

9 minutes ago, Wraith said:

So hop in the battle and kill them?  How is this so difficult to understand?

It's not an option if the battle is anywhere near a port where pirates can have outposts. See how this works when the battle is open for an hour?

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

And vice versa in your favor if pirates are hunting near your ports?  This is about Outlaw Battles for all... if you're hunting in the home waters of another nation then you damn well better be prepared for a fight with reinforcements. On the other hand, you could decide to not be such a carebear and fight outside of home waters and put some Action back in Naval Action?

The first post is about outlaw battles for just pirates, so that's what I'm discussing.

22 minutes ago, Latron said:

The first post is about outlaw battles for just pirates, so that's what I'm discussing.

Not so sure that's what the first post was about.   I'm trying to figure out what "outlaw battles' are.  Seems that there is a range of definitions.

5 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Not so sure that's what the first post was about.   I'm trying to figure out what "outlaw battles' are.  Seems that there is a range of definitions.

Outlaw battle is an free for all battle instance.

• The join circle is the same for everyone, just like the reinforcement one.
  • With free for all means you can shoot at anyone without it being called green on green.
  • There are no pvp rewards in doubloons (was pvp marks and xp before) other then the loot from the ships in terms of modules/repairs.
  • The battle closes after 1 hour.

Dont know if there is anything more.

5 hours ago, Wyy said:

Outlaw battle is an free for all battle instance.

• The join circle is the same for everyone, just like the reinforcement one.
  • With free for all means you can shoot at anyone without it being called green on green.
  • There are no pvp rewards in doubloons (was pvp marks and xp before) other then the loot from the ships in terms of modules/repairs.
  • The battle closes after 1 hour.

Dont know if there is anything more.

Thanks Wyy,

How are the battles created?  

On 12/6/2018 at 10:17 PM, Wraith said:

But seriously, why all your hate on Outlaw battles Heth?  Did someone do you dirty when you played a real pyrate? Is that why you harbor such a hard on to make pirates a "hard core" nation, while denying them actually being hard core with Outlaw battles or some other kind of distinctive mechanics?

Outlaw battles were great. But just like flags or other mechanics they were abused to death turning them into poison to other mechanics. 
For example: pirates used outlaw battle mechanics to attack each other to deny ability to people who were chasing them to tag them.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Outlaw battles were great. But just like flags or other mechanics they were abused to death turning them into poison to other mechanics. 
For example: pirates used outlaw battle mechanics to attack each other to deny ability to people who were chasing them to tag them.

That was not the problem as @Wraith mention you can join at any time.  The ABUSE came when National would bring out Pirate alts, tag other pirates and jump into the open battles with there National fleets.  A lot of time doing this in the green zone around Mort since Pirates could tag each other in those zones.  It wasn't pirates that abused it it was the other players. 

The other flaw to your pirate taging each other to avoid fights.  FFA was positional join.  They couldn't escape if you just pop in and than tell every one where they are and have them positionally join.  Believe me know we loved this factor as it allowed us to better get back at these trouble makers when we could.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The ABUSE came when National would bring out Pirate alts, tag other pirates and jump into the open battles with there National fleets.  A lot of time doing this in the green zone around Mort since Pirates could tag each other in those zones.  It wasn't pirates that abused it it was the other players. 

Perhaps this could be solved by disabling outlaw battles in the safe-zones (Reinforcement-zone)?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, admin said:

But they can do that today as well, tag an ai and sink each other, also if people want to gank players making it an outlaw battle they could just spawn atop of them and chain them..

if you actually make pirates hardcore faction with outlaw mechanic it wont be disney pirates like  you want it and i would believe players would come back.

3 minutes ago, Wyy said:

But they can do that today as well, tag an ai and sink each other, also if people want to gank players making it an outlaw battle they could just spawn atop of them and chain them..

if you actually make pirates hardcore faction with outlaw mechanic it wont be disney pirates like  you want it and i would believe players would come back.

every nation is hardcore on the war server.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved outlaw battles for pirates even though I didn’t participate in them.  Having pirate kill on sight lists, being in a clan that was on that list, knowing no where was safe and everyone was a potential enemy was exhilarating. 

Pirates should be able to attack other pirates imo.  If you want to be part of a nation, join a nation.  :)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I absolutely loved outlaw battles for pirates even though I didn’t participate in them.  Having pirate kill on sight lists, being in a clan that was on that list, knowing no where was safe and everyone was a potential enemy was exhilarating. 

Pirates should be able to attack other pirates imo.  If you want to be part of a nation, join a nation.  :)

And I thought it was funny folks said, "Pirates would just bully other clans around with it."  We only used KOS twice on Global and one of them BLACK did not vote, all the other pirate clans Voted and we went with thier vote.  Both clans that had KOS was US alts trying to stir the pot and cause trouble.  Within 24 they left the nation and went back to US while there no trouble making clan mates melted into other clans.  Again notice It was other nation alts causing the trouble.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, admin said:

every nation is hardcore on the war server.

Remove friendly fire aswell then if your reason to remove outlaw battles was because people could sink each other

Also you need to make up your mind, you’re now saying all nations are hardcore but you added russia, poland and prussia because you needed hardcore nation.

Whats the deal really?

Edited by Guest

Do it now! Come on @admin  ALL NATIONS can have outlaw battles. hello kitty it, get rid of green on green too for a bit and just let players decide who they want to shoot at in the battle instance. Imagine the confusion with the new flag DLC!  It would be bloody brilliant! server pop would be 2000 the very next day! No one's playing atm anyway, would give the server pop a temporary boost until wipe and we can see what happens  :) Shit, it's probably only 10 minutes of coding! Lets TEST IT!!!

• Like 2

I remember when NSANE made dedicated attempts to drive all pirates they considered care bears out of the faction, bragged of this in nation chat, and ganked noobs until they quit. I remember dumping their discord chat logs into global for all to see. This mechanic was used to farm new players, and to harass those not well liked enough, or without clans to support them. As enjoyable as outlaw mechanics are, and as fun as clan wars was in pirate nation, protections must exist for the new player and the casual gamer. Disabling outlaw tags within the reinforcement zone and for especially low ranked players would essentially fix this IMO

• Like 2