Game-Labs Forum

We want outlaw battles!

Just now, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

And bully whomever you want the way you want without leaving the zone again, right ?...

Lead by example, not by fear :) 

Regarding the OP, well, i'm with Batman on this one. Better update the description.

who said anything about leading? We take what is rightfully ours as pirates! 

• Like 1

Just now, HachiRoku said:

who said anything about leading? We take what is rightfully ours as pirates! 

:) right 'o right 'o

Wanna see ya payin' the shares of 1100 crew, or even 650... or be left adrift in dhingie due to being a lousy pirate capn' :P

jk, this is only about outlaw battles mosh pit. not my cup of rum.

• Like 1

anyone should be able to attack anyone its just that if you attack one from your own nation prefer it to be a player you have to attack and not just a ai trader snow, you turn into pirate and that should be the only way of becoming a pirate

Edited by Guest

Outlaw mechanics need to work all across the board with every nation or else it'll just be the same problems we had with pirates taking full advantage of their expanded ROE. You can't just give one 'nation' the benefit of policing itself, training, and settling differences while also creating content to keep people entertained through the slow nights of low pop.

The way I would do it and the way I think it should be done is:

1. remove pirate nation, replace it with a neutral/beginner nation basically flying a neutral flag or a common flag of their choice (dlc can settle that) and from there they can choose what nation they're go to from in game after studying what's going on, jumping into a new nation right away before you even see what's going on is a fail mechanic.

2. Add reputation and "outlaw" status for going negative rep, each action has a consequence. Things like capturing enemy shipping, jumping on your nations side in battles, and completing missions would add reputation. Other things like sinking your nation's allies or helping the enemy in battle against your nation would add negative rep, fairly quickly at that.

3. Remove the extra 'hardcore' nations and repackage them as outlaw flags that people can fly in battle to identify themselves, they could also be a neutral flag since flags are little more than an identifier as who do you fight for. The cool thing about this is it actually makes these nations hardcore in an even better way because just because someone is sailing your flag doesn't mean they can't attack you, if they wanted to play the covert ops game then they can and with nations, this is punished with reputation, but without the commonwealth nations being nations anymore, then this can lead to proper scenarios of betrayal or straight up subversion which may lend itself very interesting.

If sandbox is what we want than this is what will achieve it far more than being locked into a nation with no options besides stictly fighting for that nation.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You clearly have not played many MMOs

Is that even a issue ? Being a mmo is not why i play NA :)

It could even be single player for all i care :) but it is way better playing along buddies. Enemy players are just content as much as we are. Take it as you deliver it.

Lead by being respectful and not a sob sod. I know I try and fail sometimes. Deliver fear into your own faction must be really nice :) and easy. Much more easy than delivering cannon fire to the other enemy nations.

But hey, it is a good suggestion. Only the strong will survive. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wraith said:

As do we all, but when PvP is as few and far between battles as it is these days, we should find it where we can, even if it's going out to sink the alts of our enemies in our own nation.

Sure. Have the fun you crave for :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Maybe you don't remember when the WTF retards would sit right out in front of Mortimer and tag EVERY noob that sailed from the dock?

Is it any different than the Prussian/Russian/Polish noobs that get ganked at shroud? We want pirates to be a hardcore nation with no safe zones. Even Heth agrees with that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

Outlaw mechanics need to work all across the board with every nation or else it'll just be the same problems we had with pirates taking full advantage of their expanded ROE. You can't just give one 'nation' the benefit of policing itself, training, and settling differences while also creating content to keep people entertained through the slow nights of low pop.

The way I would do it and the way I think it should be done is:

1. remove pirate nation, replace it with a neutral/beginner nation basically flying a neutral flag or a common flag of their choice (dlc can settle that) and from there they can choose what nation they're go to from in game after studying what's going on, jumping into a new nation right away before you even see what's going on is a fail mechanic.

2. Add reputation and "outlaw" status for going negative rep, each action has a consequence. Things like capturing enemy shipping, jumping on your nations side in battles, and completing missions would add reputation. Other things like sinking your nation's allies or helping the enemy in battle against your nation would add negative rep, fairly quickly at that.

3. Remove the extra 'hardcore' nations and repackage them as outlaw flags that people can fly in battle to identify themselves, they could also be a neutral flag since flags are little more than an identifier as who do you fight for. The cool thing about this is it actually makes these nations hardcore in an even better way because just because someone is sailing your flag doesn't mean they can't attack you, if they wanted to play the covert ops game then they can and with nations, this is punished with reputation, but without the commonwealth nations being nations anymore, then this can lead to proper scenarios of betrayal or straight up subversion which may lend itself very interesting.

If sandbox is what we want than this is what will achieve it far more than being locked into a nation with no options besides stictly fighting for that nation.

Great, wonderful, can not imagine how great it can be, the reputation system. These create real longtivity aside from wonderful combat, these brings dedicated masses to the game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

Is it any different than the Prussian/Russian/Polish noobs that get ganked at shroud?

There's a slight and most fundamental difference.

They are tagged by enemies. Not by "friendlies".

But I get it, with your suggestion it will be that captain versus the entire world.

In any case, then your outlaw suggestion MUST be extended to port infrastructure. And only that "pirate republic" (clan) can build stuff in their port, no one else, albeit everyone without exception can use the port as if it is a "free port" without option to close. And if by any chance your port gets taken, all your pirate republic stuff gets stolen, buildings, warehouses, ships, everything destroyed, put to the torch, literally without a trace of its previous existence.

• Like 1

Just now, Wraith said:

Port control should be much more fine-grained than it is

I would add that a clan who holds more than one port can make one of them a Clan Capitol and turn it into a consuming port, paying out the better prices for goods.  This could be added to by giving the clan more dock/warehouse space, etc.

• Like 2

Outlaw battles were added several times, and each time it was exploited to give pirates an advantage over other nations. I have yet to see a legit solution for the many instances I've seen where pirates abuse the mechanic because each solution that has been attempted so far always had a way around it. So no, I don't think outlaw battles can stay in the game, and I don't think the devs should waste their time on it because we know it'll end up being removed just like every other time.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 3:24 PM, Vernon Merrill said:

Maybe you don't remember when the WTF retards would sit right out in front of Mortimer and tag EVERY noob that sailed from the dock?

They did nothing wrong. Noobs must die 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

I've read the whole thread.  

What is an Outlaw Battle?

Explain with detail, I have difficulty understanding battle mechanics.

Pirates attacking Pirates. Anytime. Anywhere.

• Like 1