Game-Labs Forum

The time has come to make pirates hardcore choice.

2 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Read the description of any of the Impossible missions Hachi.

Your answer is there, cannot access the game right now to screenshot.

Read the description of the game on steam.. Just cause the devs think it's hardcore doesn't mean it is. This game is as casual as it gets. I dock and survive in Freeports in the game. I know what it's like to not be able to use Admiralty because I want to swap nation at a momets notice. "Hardcore" nations can use Admiralty though. It might be less convenient but it doesn't increase the difficulty. We don't need to argue any more though. Our interpretation of hardcore is just different. I don't see the lack of safe zones or permanent ports a difficulty level. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have suggested before on other topics about this.

Originally I thought Nassau as a permanent capital for pirates and then the new nations spawning at Mortimer (which would be a neutral port), leaving Inagua open to RVR and a nice freeport in the center of the map. Then of course you have the issue of it being close to another freeport - La Tortue. You could open up MT for RVR i suppose and have the new nations spawn where they are currently. Or, if you had Shroud Cay as the Pirate capital (neutral), and start the new nations at La Tortue, making it harder to be a pirate than a new nation due to lack of access to a deepwater capital.

If we are talking about using current mechanics, I personally like the idea of differentiating the Pirates from the new nations on the basis of wether or not their capital is deepwater, obviously the hardcore pirate choice being to not have a deepwater capital, and the new nations having a deepwater capital somewhere. This reinforces the point that pirates traditionally sailed light ships, and the new nations had access to SOLs, and makes it slightly more hardcore to be a pirate over a new nation.

It's a start, anyway! 😉