Game-Labs Forum

Testing hardcore players devotion!

do not say dlc

After years of listening to the hardcore bunch, with coments like 'the ships are too cheap' or 'loosing a ship has to mean something' or 'there are too many first rates in the open world' here we are, allmost empty servers. Once again only the (lonely) left in the game!

I allso belive that the flag dlc does not sell that well. 

So, my sugestion is to test the hardcore players dovotion to the game and propose a new way to pvp:

20181203_163602.jpg

I belive in this!

Edited by do not say dlc
  • Like 2

Don't know if anyone ever knew Wargaming before the series "World of..."

DBA Online anyone ?

Related image

If so...You still remember how it was to have a match with a opponent ? Technically was not much different from...

20181203_163602.jpg

... Literally.

Wanna play with someone ? PAY PER BATTLE ;) 

42 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

@Hethwill the Red Duke Oh man that brings back memories! I think I still have that game loaded on an old PC somewhere!  Then again table top DBA was one of the first games I painted miniatures for! (1990s). 

Only thing for me I never made the Wargaming.net connection until you posted the screen shot! 😲

:) DBA/DBM is a great system. I know Vassal engine and other similar ones have the setup for them.

Regarding DBA base system minis, still going on with my 2 army pack for Agincourt, in a scale of 1:5 amount of troops. Should be done... any time soon 🤣

3 hours ago, do not say dlc said:

with coments like 'the ships are too cheap'

According to the calculations (Approximate calculation) made by a colleague of the clan, who knows a lot about the economy and numbers of the game, it turns out that building a first rate today costs 9,000 doubloons plus 3 VMs (3000 doubloons), plus materials and labor hours. In total about 15,000 doubloons. If the real is 25 gold and a doubloon is 250 real, it turns out that a doubloon is 6250 gold. If we multiply 15000x6250 = 93.750.000 gold. that costs a first rate now. Very cheap yeah !!!!! 😂

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

:) DBA/DBM is a great system. I know Vassal engine and other similar ones have the setup for them.

Regarding DBA base system minis, still going on with my 2 army pack for Agincourt, in a scale of 1:5 amount of troops. Should be done... any time soon 🤣

My first army was English HYW using 15mm Essex minis. Painted it for a bit earlier than Agincourt though - Edward III. 

• Like 1

That's the ones I got. Excellent casting. The french knights both mount and foot are just stunning. Got a Early Mongol horde as first army.

Found out that 1:72 are good enough anyway and cheaper ( plastics ), bought some for a Crecy setup but still have them in the packages.

Damn it.... need an early retirement so i can get more time :D 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Captan Thomas Fremantle said:

Wargaming has arrived here by content

If you talking about wargaming.net, in the case I posted, they sold DBA Online battle packages. Can't remember the prices anymore but was something like 5 battles 12 dollars or something similar, and packages of more battles at reduced prices ( reckon you can google it ). Once you had fought your 5 battles versus another player you'd have to purchase more.

This was way way before any of their freetoplay arena galore.

Regarding wargaming per se, it is discussable if WW2 is more popular or not. I'd say it is even with Napoleonics, with ww2 have a huge share of hex die cut and napoleonics having a huge cut of figurines.

In the end gaming is about the hobby :); be it in the table or in the screen. One either likes it or not, and not every system ( game ) is for everyone. 

46 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

If you talking about wargaming.net, in the case I posted, they sold DBA Online battle packages. Can't remember the prices anymore but was something like 5 battles 12 dollars or something similar, and packages of more battles at reduced prices ( reckon you can google it ). Once you had fought your 5 battles versus another player you'd have to purchase more.

This was way way before any of their freetoplay arena galore.

Regarding wargaming per se, it is discussable if WW2 is more popular or not. I'd say it is even with Napoleonics, with ww2 have a huge share of hex die cut and napoleonics having a huge cut of figurines.

In the end gaming is about the hobby :); be it in the table or in the screen. One either likes it or not, and not every system ( game ) is for everyone. 

I'm talking about World of Ships , Tanks , Airplanes.

1 hour ago, Captan Thomas Fremantle said:

Wargaming has arrived here by content

Interestingly enough RU server is by far the largest with EU coming second. They struggle somewhat on the US server.

WGN themselves say that they struck gold almost by accident with using tanks for the arena game. Tanks are a thing with russians. WoT first drawing board idea was orcs and elves! ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jodgi said:

Interestingly enough RU server is by far the largest with EU coming second. They struggle somewhat on the US server.

WGN themselves say that they struck gold almost by accident with using tanks for the arena game. Tanks are a thing with russians. WoT first drawing board idea was orcs and elves! ;)

The popularity of tanks in the arena has come to miniatures now too. I have a game called "What a Tanker" from a UK games company (Too Fat Lardies). All tanks no infantry or artillery, but it is meant for a fun beer and pretzels game. Of course unlike WoT all the tanks in the game have seen combat action. 😉

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:07 AM, do not say dlc said:

After years of listening to the hardcore bunch, with coments like 'the ships are too cheap' or 'loosing a ship has to mean something' or 'there are too many first rates in the open world' here we are, allmost empty servers. Once again only the (lonely) left in the game!

I allso belive that the flag dlc does not sell that well. 

all the hardcore players left because the devs were not listening (aka there is nothing for us to do..) now go sit in your safe zone and be happy. 

as far as your complaint about the cost of a first rates...…. 1st rates should be/are totally impracticable for anything other than RVR and what business does a solo player have in a PB? NONE. A clan of players can afford many 1st rates and they are the ones that fight for control of the ports. its fine leave it where it is. 

Flag DLC will not sell much because no one is playing the game anymore until release. I bought it not because I care about the flag but because I want to support the idea of cosmetic DLC in hopes that we will get more. such as sigils for our sails and what not. 

Hey King :) 

reckon the fellows can have a good chatter here, after all we are mumbling and cross talking "hardcore" gaming subjects at the same table in the....

https://forum.game-labs.net/forum/14-tavern/

🍻🍻🍻

... but for some reason some fellows keep going and going and going bashing someone because of something :)

No idea brother. Same as in a noisy tavern, it all becomes background sounds after a while.

Snappy salute.

🍻🍻