Game-Labs Forum

Stealing is okay? Vic le Viking steals loot from battle

Draymoor

Today I went into a battle with 4 friends vs 9 ai frigates. A player by the name Vic le Viking joined the enemy ai side in a basic cutter to steal the loot from our kills. He stole a 'Wind Book' from one of the sunken ai ships. Proceeded to happily say 'thank you' and left the battle. 
So @admin am I to understand this okay behavior by developers? I am allowed to sink him? But am I supposed to chase a basic cutter to the end of the map while I am sailing a 4th rate while also ignoring the rest of the battle? He steals and shows off how he doesn't care cause it's obvious developers don't do a thing about it. Stealing from players is okay in Naval Action? 
I'll post the screen shot if there's actually any point to doing so. I request the item is returned so I can give it to my friend that actually sunk the ship. 

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Yes.

That was a rhetorical question... if you didn't get that. Being allowed to sink is pointless is you also didn't read the rest of the post. He wasn't engaging in battle just sitting around waiting to loot our kills. You expect me to chase a cutter in a 4th rate? 

Was a straight answer to the question.

Whatever choices you make during the engagement are your own.

I do think that type of "robbery on the high seas" despicable.

And yes, Tribunal requires media proof - screens, videos, etc. - or specific timestamps, names, etc for log verification if it comes to that.

Just now, PG Monkey said:

It's only MY loot when it's in MY hold :)

That's stupid nonsense. If he actually had any intention to engage in battle I'd agree. His intention was to steal from the get go. 

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Was a straight answer to the question.

Whatever choices you make during the engagement are your own.

I do think that type of "robbery on the high seas" despicable.

And yes, Tribunal requires media proof - screens, videos, etc. - or specific timestamps, names, etc for log verification if it comes to that.

It wasn't a question, that's what 'rhetorical' means. If it's 'despicable' then why is it allowed? I posted the name. I can post the screenshot if there's any point to doing so. 

I do think is a personal opinion. Tribunal doesn't care about me or you but about proof and facts.

Please post all screenshots and videos and data you have.

Also, the accused can step up and present his story and data as well.

1 hour ago, Draymoor said:

Vic le Viking joined the enemy ai side

Wait? What is this tribunal really about? He joined on the enemy side. It should have given you the idea that he wasn't there with friendly intent. 

Now, we can have a discussion about the ability to run around in free basic cutters with unlimited repairs and annoy people, but that is a mechanics discussion. There is nothing whatsoever for the tribunal in this topic. There was no stealing. Enemy players have every right to loot their sunken allies. He could have done the same in a lynx or requin or even pickle. Your job in any battle is to sink your enemies, whatever ship they may be in.

By naming a player in the tribunal you are levelling a charge and implying their wrongdoing. There should be a high bar to do this, and should not be done without substantial proof and reference to a rule that was actually broken.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Wait? What is this tribunal really about? He joined on the enemy side. It should have given you the idea that he wasn't there with friendly intent. 

Now, we can have a discussion about the ability to run around in free basic cutters with unlimited repairs and annoy people, but that is a mechanics discussion. There is nothing whatsoever for the tribunal in this topic. There was no stealing. Enemy players have every right to loot their sunken allies. He could have done the same in a lynx or requin or even pickle. Your job in any battle is to sink your enemies, whatever ship they may be in.

By naming a player in the tribunal you are levelling a charge and implying their wrongdoing. There should be a high bar to do this, and should not be done without substantial proof and reference to a rule that was actually broken.

What's it about? The fact that he had zero intention to engage in battle. Just sat around beyond range and waited to swoop in and steal loot and then leave. You expect me to run around chasing a cutter in a 4th rate when he has zero intent to engage in battle? Am I supposed to chase him for 30 minutes so I can then call it griefing? If he had engaged us there would be no problem. 

Edited by Draymoor

@Draymoor my experience, Sink only if you or your ally can loot, otherwise do not sink, get in a position able to loot, after that sink the ai.

He joined enemy side, all legal, annoying but he can do.

I had requins joining my pvp battle, my side and looting and running :) , so I can not tag him, he is in my team, he will exit battle :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

What's it about? The fact that he had zero intention to engage in battle. Just sat around beyond range and waited to swoop in and steal loot and then leave. You expect me to run around chasing a cutter in a 4th rate when he has zero intent to engage in battle? 

It is worth the Tribunal when he keeps you in battle by tagging you over and over again or tags you on open world several times without the intend to fight.

If that isnt the case it isnt a case for the Tribunal.

1 minute ago, AeRoTR said:

@Draymoor my experience, Sink only if you or your ally can loot, otherwise do not sink, get in a position able to loot, after that sink the ai.

He joined enemy side, all legal, annoying but he can do.

I had requins joining my pvp battle, my side and looting and running :) , so I can not tag him, he is in my team, he will exit battle :)

If anything I am posting this to bring more awareness to the devs of how broken their loot system is, since I haven't seen any of them address it or mention it in the future update plans. 
I've had the same experiences as you as well. But telling people they have to get around the broken system while also dealing with player looking to abuse the broken system is just plain ridiculous to me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abram Svensson said:

It is worth the Tribunal when he keeps you in battle by tagging you over and over again or tags you on open world several times without the intend to fight.

If that isnt the case it isnt a case for the Tribunal.

How would you even know if he hasn't done the same thing to multiple people if no one reports cause it's only done once to them? There's more than one way of griefing. It's not defined by multiple tags alone. 

The player has done nothing wrong and hasn't broken any rules. There might be a discussion to be had about looting and/or cutters in battles but that should elsewhere, not in the tribunal. Perhaps looting should take a lot longer? I odnt have a problem with ninja looting. There could be some kind of timer with the sails down and crew assigned to boarding? so looting would be very dangerous in the middle of a battle, that would certainly be more realistic. You could have the quick 'x' cargo access only for when a battle is finished. You should begin the topic.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hullabaloo 'The Thief' said:

The player has done nothing wrong and hasn't broken any rules. There might be a discussion to be had about looting and/or cutters in battles but that should elsewhere, not in the tribunal. Perhaps looting should take a lot longer? I odnt have a problem with ninja looting. There could be some kind of timer with the sails down and crew assigned to boarding? so looting would be very dangerous in the middle of a battle, that would certainly be more realistic. You could have the quick 'x' cargo access only for when a battle is finished. You should begin the topic.

There are such topics already, admins don't seem to pay any attention as it is not part of the future updates list. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 1

Player did nothing wrong.  Morally wrong according to your moral compass perhaps, but nothing wrong according to current game mechanics.  If he joined the enemy side, then you are obligated to sink him, and if you do not, and by ignoring him thus allow him to do what he wants, then that is your fault as an opposing player to prevent him from doing what you are accusing him of doing now.  Do not waste tribunal's time with matters such as this.  If you have a suggestion to change current loot mechanics, post it in the correct thread.

Edited by Haratik

11 minutes ago, Haratik said:

Player did nothing wrong.  Morally wrong according to your moral compass perhaps, but nothing wrong according to current game mechanics.  If he joined the enemy side, then you are obligated to sink him, and if you do not, and by ignoring him thus allow him to do what he wants, then that is your fault as an opposing player to prevent him from doing what you are accusing him of doing now.  Do not waste tribunal's time with matters such as this.  If you have a suggestion to change current loot mechanics, post it in the correct thread.

Read the thread before posting nonsense please. Never ignored him. Let me know your enlightened way of how you'd deal with it and I'll agree with you. 

Edited by Draymoor

1 minute ago, Draymoor said:

Read the thread before posting nonsense please. Never ignored him. Let me know your enlightened way of how you'd deal with it and I'll agree with you. 

I read the thread, apparently you didn't comprehend the fact that you allowed him to do what he wanted.

1 minute ago, Haratik said:

I read the thread, apparently you didn't comprehend the fact that you allowed him to do what he wanted.

I didn't allow anything, the game does. Again, let me know how you would solve it and I can agree with you. 

Edited by Draymoor