Game-Labs Forum

Rename the connie.

Basically renaming the Consti to something fictional and the Consti classic to simply constitution. I don't know why but it really bothers to have 2 ships. 

If yes I propose HMS Hachiroku. You could also give her the name of one of the connies sister ships. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Basically renaming the Consti to something fictional

I already suggested renaming her "Acheron", from the M&C movie that, albeit partly fictional, probably is one of the most historically accurate age of sail movies.

Another possibility would be "USS President", one of the sisterships of the Constitution.

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

I don't know why but it really bothers to have 2 ships. 

It doesn't bother me to have both but it does bother me that they are almost identical except for the "classic" being straight better... can we not have some minor advantage on the vanilla connstitution over the classic? And yeah, also the names...

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 3

"Constitution Classic" sounds more like a paint style than a ship name. Its kinda confusing having 2 Constitutions in the game... what was the point of making the 2nd Constitution if you want to keep the first one?

I propose we make a second Surprise that is actually worth sailing. We can call them "Good Surprise" and "Classic Surprise"  😄

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I propose we make a second Surprise that is actually worth sailing. We can call them "Good Surprise" and "Classic Surprise"  😄

Actually, the French name of the ship before capture by the British would be perfectly suited for a second Surprise : L'Unité🙂

• Like 3

12 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Basically renaming the Consti to something fictional and the Consti classic to simply constitution. I don't know why but it really bothers to have 2 ships. 

If yes I propose HMS Hachiroku. You could also give her the name of one of the connies sister ships. 

I say we rename it to the USS GREAT KING DONALD! 

+1

Also, could give the old Constitution one of the old paints (I prefer 'Sicily,' because I think it looks the best) to further differentiate it from the Constitution Classic (which should be re-named Constitution).

Honestly, I'd like to hear a definitive answer from devs regarding their vision for current "rare" ships like gunboat, Santa Cecilia, Diana, Constitution Classic, and Christian. I read one of @admin posts that implied they wanted to keep these ships 'rare.' What does that mean? Like...epic event drop levels of rare? Expensive to build/redeem rare (see L'Hermione, Wasa, LGV Refit)? Or???

IMO, it seems a waste to have such nice ships not get used because they're almost un-replaceable. Better to have them just be more expensive (in terms of doubloons or something) to craft than other comparable ships (Endymion takes no doubloons to craft, make Diana take 1,000 doubloons to craft = you'll see fewer Dianas).

At any rate, as others say, having two Constitutions in the game with identical stats but one being better than the other isn't good. Make the old Connie faster but less HP, or more HP but slower, or something along those lines. 

11 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe be simple and  just name it "Heavy Frigate" as we have a normal Frigate and other just class named ships too.   

The problem is that it looks exactly like the Constitution (because it is the Constitution). When you see it in OW you will have the same problem as now: 

Captain 1:"oh look there's a Constitution"

Captain 2: "classic constitution or heavy frigate?" 

Captain 1: "I can't tell" 

I suppose giving it a new paint job would make it easier to tell the difference but it still isn't ideal since the ship would still look like a Constitution. I think they should just trash the old Connie and be done with it. No confusion, no renaming the ship, no changing the color. They obviously decided to remake the Constitution because they did not like something about the original version. After all, you would not remake a ship if the original is perfect especially when there is hundreds of other tasks that need development attention. Delete the old ship and lets move on. o7

• Like 1

12pdr Mini-Connie incoming? 

Could be slick.

Or what about stretching her to a razeed 2nd rate? (whatever happened to the razee'd Pavel project?)

Of course, both of those options take valuable development time and throw any sense of historical accuracy out the window...but either could make for a nice ship.

Removing US insignia and making the "2nd connie" look more neutral could be nice. There is really no need for 2 identical ships. Acheron is fine.  

Acheron in MC movie is actually a Constitution, but the filmakers did not want to place the movie in war of 1812. So they came with background story that Acharon was made in US for the French. 

Edited by Porpoise