Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BigfeatNZ

[Quitting after 3 years and 883 hours]

Can't say I regret putting the time into this game as I have thoroughly enjoyed it for the majority.

The straw that finally broke the camels back and helped me come to this decision was a simple one;

Hunted two Russian players harassing people outside Willemstad, chased them to around Fort Zoutman, Essex and Herc vs some AI a Trinc and a Herc.
Fight was won after 25mins with the Herc dead and the Essex on the ropes. I moved to loot the Herc after fighting with the wind for 5 minutes, opened the window at a near stand still INTERRUPTED, INTERRUPTED, INTERRUPTED - Herc sinks.

Okay, that's fine... a little annoying but it's okay.

Player joins.... 25mins in, Pirate faction - Le Requin. Essex is on less than a bar of structure. Le Requin moves in, tries to board him. Lands the board after pushing an ACTUAL allied Dutch player away from boarding. Takes the loot and the kill. Leaves and is uncatchable. 

Thanks Game-Labs for the fun but my ride ends there.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1579260419

1 hour ago, BigfeatNZ said:

Thanks Game-Labs for the fun but my ride ends there.

Or you can stay and advocate for loot mechanics to be changed more to your liking?

2 hours ago, BigfeatNZ said:

Player joins.... 25mins in, Pirate faction - Le Requin. Essex is on less than a bar of structure. Le Requin moves in, tries to board him. Lands the board after pushing an ACTUAL allied Dutch player away from boarding. Takes the loot and the kill. Leaves and is uncatchable. 

This situation you describe here is not easy to understand. Am I right to assume the Le Requin who stole the loot was a third nation party in that fight, who joined on your side? 

Pushing your own allies out of boarding, against their interest and to their disadvantage is sabotage and you should have the right to sink him after warning.

Maybe @admin can clarify on that? Issues like this would be less common, if every nation would have their own team upon joining a battle ( e.g. you join a battle of french vs brits as pirate, then you will be pirates against brits and french ). That would be more realistic and less prone to abuse but probably some work on coding.

Safe Zone issues, not really looting.

The uninterrupted entry timer for the Zone side should be exactly that - to the zone owner IMO.

Meaning in the case of our Dutch captain here, the pirate wouldn't be able to enter, only United Provinces.

Enough said.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Safe Zone issues, not really looting.

The uninterrupted entry timer for the Zone side should be exactly that - to the zone owner IMO.

Meaning in the case of our Dutch captain here, the pirate wouldn't be able to enter, only United Provinces.

Enough said.

F6E101562002065AAFB4880A430163BB31D11F7A

but i see clearly a pirate

its a dutch pirate who is stealing loot 

working as intended

the problem with most captains is that they do not work as a nation but an egocentric captain all for themselves its me ,me ,me ,me ,and greed

and not accepting that other people  have to eat too.

at sea you can not claim everything ....

at sea that law is not  valid

the first who is on board and stays on board is the owner

(the pirate clearly is on board and claims the good by taking them away from the ship.)

Edited by Thonys

13 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

??????

- let only nation enter. that is a add to suggestion.

Please read and interpret best next time.

you where a little to quick for me this time :) sorry

• Like 1

This is still a game, no need to pretend like it is super real or historical. 

Dubloons appearing in hold of sunken ship can look fine but it is not. 

Sinking a 5th rate player ship gives let's say 30 dubloons as admirality battle reward, 970 dubloon spawns in hold and 1 copper plating drops. 

Current mechanics, you spent 35 minutes to sink the guy, Le Req joins the battle, runs nicely upwind, loots your wreck, he gets 970 dubloons and 1 copper plating, runs upwind into sunset. You have 30 dubs at the end. 

How logical is this? It should be what it used to be "do not attempt to fix it, if it was not broken" 

So correct way is, sinking that 5th rate taking account of the ship and it's captain, gives 500-1000 dubloons, %75 is given to damaging players, %25 spawns in the hold to loot with the dropped upgrade and repairs and any extras already that was in the hold. Should be something like this. 

Still the pirate can steal some dubs and upgrades, but players get rewarded anyway, as this is a "GAME"

• Like 2

Looting mechanics are broken. Any sense of immersion or realism it may provide to some people isn't worth all the negatives. I don't even bother looting ships I sink if they are up wind from me. 

Admin did state that you are allowed to kill players green v green in these situations, you just need to give them a verbal warning first. But to be fair, the Requin is cancer so there was probably not much you could have done. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

Its all just pixels in the end, what is more important the loot or the fight?

That is just plain silly... Let's all just give all our loot away to every player that jumps into our battles then. 
Being 'allowed' to sink someone that takes your loot is an almost meaningless thing, it's not like they will just sit there waiting for you to sink them while knowingly stealing from you. 

Look at the name of the pirate. My bet it is a russian alt.

Looting mechanics are far worse that you can imagine. In a big fleet fight or a decisive PB, do you think we can afford to go and stop for the loot!?

Edited by Intrepido
  • Like 1

Obviously this is just my experience, others may have had similar, some worse, some not at all.

To me, chasing someone for 25 minutes to get a good enough tag to fight, fighting for 30 minutes to have one loot sink and another stolen by another player who IS NOT on my faction who I cannot shoot, who can immediately leave the battle and is uncatchable is not something I am interested in playing.

Again, that is my opinion and every person is entitled to their opinion also. 

I have purchased the game for many others as gift and have many active friends who still play. I do not wish to turn anyone away from the game however, with mechanics like this, in it's current state it's no longer a good fit for me personally.

Kind regards,
Rachira

You can't have EVERYTHING in a game to your exact specifications.

This is very rare and in my opinion is absolutely fine.

I have NEVER seen it happen in any battle  I have been in.

Look after your prizes better and position yourself to be able to loot what you sink.

We can't keep changing the game for poor play and planning.

Edited by Pirate Blackbeard
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Pirate Blackbeard said:

We can't keep changing the game for poor play and planning.

Who are you? Developer? Go play your game. 

You can try to join [insert generic privateering clan], yey Le Req is great, DLC ships are great, we love 350 peak players, hell yeah. Soon we are to pvp with remaining 100 players, know each of them by name. 

I am glad dev team, trying to understand majority, aside from some poor decisions which gets corrected some time later. 

I purpose same loot mechanics only for Pirate nation, but for other nations more rewards from admirality, less from looting :)

Btw I still believe in Dev Team, game needs online numbers, or game will fail for all of us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

You can try to join ROVER, yey Le Req is great, DLC ships are great, we love 350 peak players, hell yeah. Soon we are to pvp with remaining 100 players, know each of them by name. 

I am glad dev team, trying to understand majority, aside from some poor decisions which gets corrected some time later. 

I purpose same loot mechanics only for Pirate nation, but for other nations more rewards from admirality, less from looting :)

Btw I still believe in Dev Team, game needs online numbers, or game will fail for all of us. 

I have no idea what your trying to say hear ? 🙃

I agree with others on here.

1. I like the fact a ship can come in and do what it wants in a battle instance.

2. I like the freedom to be good or bad.

3. I don't like rules being enforced on the majority because of some other players poor play. Look after your loot or others will.

And a bonus point just for you. Rover are good solid players who NEVER whinge or cry about game mechanics. They test them, like the rest of us do.

Try to understand we can all have different views.

Edited by Flash Jack

3 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Pirate Blackbeard.

No.

I do.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Pirate Blackbeard
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

3. I don't like rules being enforced on the majority because of some other players poor play. Look after your loot or others will.

And a bonus point just for you. Rover are good solid players who NEVER whinge or cry about game mechanics. They test them, like the rest of us do.

Try to understand we can all have different views.

You still yet have to learn, MAJORITY do not come to this forum, this forum is minority (pure hardcore minority). Some casuals come here and whine and bashed by veterans (always have been like this), but those few raging or whining in these forums, they are the freaking majority of the player base. Just for a second, force those blood cells into your brain, think how it would be playing with thousands of online as game sold much more than 100k copies. Most just leaving without raging here, but you can see their reviews on Steam, got it ???

As for Rover I have good respect for them (great players, gentlemans, helpful, or whatever good trait left), you misunderstood me, I just find them to be never opposing anything coming from devs and they are mostly being moderators I can accept this behaviour, but I do not find it very honest.

10 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Rover are good solid players who NEVER whinge or cry about game mechanics.

This is so so wrong.

I always whine and rage ( for real! ) about ships being able to crash into others to push them out of boarding. ( and I will be vocal about this gamey thing until the end of days !!!!! )

Btw, leave the rover boys out of this, we are not hivemind, we just love the age of sail experience the game delivers. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here or even care about it.

o7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

You still yet have to learn, MAJORITY do not come to this forum, this forum is minority (pure hardcore minority). Some casuals come here and whine and bashed by veterans (always have been like this), but those few raging or whining in these forums, they are the freaking majority of the player base. Just for a second, force those blood cells into your brain, think how it would be playing with thousands of online as game sold much more than 100k copies. Most just leaving without raging here, but you can see their reviews on Steam, got it ???

I have been playing thus game for over 2 years so wind your neck in.

You and your sort always come here and post like you are posting for the majority.

I play nearly everyday and belive me your kind of negative obsessive views on the game are a cancer. All the players I play with are very positive about this game and yes there are a few players on global  that insist on dragging the game down every day but they are definitely NOT the majority.

Stop believing that you talk for anyone other than your deluded self.

The devs are doing a good job and this game will succeed despite your constant moaning and crying.

• Like 2