Game-Labs Forum

Coming back to the game from 2016. Is there anyway to change nations without losing my rank?

Spitzenhund

Question

I haven't played since 2016. I dumped several hundred hours into the game and got to Devil before leaving the game. I want to play the Dutch with my friend. Is that impossible without paying $23 CAD for https://store.steampowered.com/app/785910/Naval_Action__Prolific_Forger/ this?

All I care about is my rank? If I delete my character do I lose my rank? People say there are redeemables but I have none. So am I just stuck pirate? It's giving me anxiety thinking all 473 hours I put into the game are now wiped.

11 answers to this question

The only way to change nation without losing everything is to buy the DLC prolific forger. It allows you to switch names and or nation once a month.

If you have xp/redeemables you could delete your current character and make a new one. Once the redeemables are redeemed then you are SOL

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

Alternatively you could do the tutorial mission after starting a new character to boost your way up to captain, not the best solution but you probably don't have many ships/items to worry about, if you do find a clan or a friend to hold them while you switch then trade back in port.

• Like 1

Yea I'll be honest in that I don't feel like paying another $25 to get access to a country change for a game I supported at launch. I just wanted to keep the exp rank so that I just had to farm the currency.

Guess the hours I got out of the game is all I'm going to get.

Thanks for the replies.

2 minutes ago, Spitzenhund said:

Thanks, so I should wait for the release of the game before I start again eh?

Books knowledge, rank exp, ship knowledge exp and crafting exp all will be kept so you can get to working on any of that before the release. 

6 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

Books knowledge, rank exp, ship knowledge exp and crafting exp all will be kept so you can get to working on any of that before the release. 

You're right. But all my friends are playing the Dutch now, and Naval Action to me has always been a group game. Grinding solo for the sake of grinding doesn't appeal to me much.

3 hours ago, Spitzenhund said:

Thanks, so I should wait for the release of the game before I start again eh?

I think you should playtest and experience the changes with a light heart and report as many errors, bugs and participate with your feedback.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

I think you should playtest and experience the changes with a light heart and report as many errors, bugs and participate with your feedback.

I am playing a bit just for the naval battles, still a bit of fun. If I had to give any feedback though, it would be to allow a faction change where you lose everything except exp ;).

@Spitzenhund In that case I'd suggest to just forget your previous character and start over from scratch as Dutch. A player in my clan just had one of his friends join the game recently and in less than a week with some help he is already sailing a 4th rate. If you have friends to play with, they can help you rank up and get a decent footing back in the game quite quickly.

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 2