Game-Labs Forum

Christian VII - make her craftable

8 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Regarding beauty... eye of the beholder. She is a mean sexy looking vessel. I'd prefer her with the white sails though.

Indeed !!!

8 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

I'd prefer her with the white sails though.

If I ain't mistaken, it comes from the 'tannage' (in French ; dye?) of the sails to protect them form the sun and the salt water. There's a festival of traditional 'tannage' in Brittany 🙂 :

f4016.jpg

I for one like the red ochre sails.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

They messed up on DLC model by making them epic/elite ships.  They should of followed -WoT and other games where it might have more HP than same tier. It almost always had lower tier guns.  

We should have craftable versions in game.  The yacht is basicly a redlined cutter.  Since there is no in game version of LRQ and Herc we should be able to craft them.  Give the Herc BP when you finish the Tutorial final exam  along with the other awards.  Make a mission that you have to do to get the LRQ BP.  I still would love to see a trader version of the ship with less crew but bigger cargo.

Christian would make a great reward ship for special missions or reaching a certain rank.  We still have other ships hidden away that folks would love but they are so hard to get.  SC gunboat normal rattler along with the classic con and Diana 

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They messed up on DLC model by making them epic/elite ships.  

No, they did not :

On 12/4/2018 at 7:55 AM, admin said:

(...)

• LRQ + Hercules generated 31000 battles from approximately 120,000 over last 30 days. Yet they are not in top 15 by survivability

(...)

One click ships bring pvp to the pvp server, and kills to others

I encourage you to read Admin's post in its entirety. 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LeBoiteux said:

No, they did not :

I encourage you to read Admin's post in its entirety. 🙂

That cause they are throw away ships....they don't care about loosing them so they can go out and get sunk. If there was a concern like a price you have to pay when loosing one than they wouldn't just throw them away.  What is the number of ships sunk by them though?  That doesn't prove they aren't OP, just proves they are in most of the battles and that they don't always survive.  Hell I demasted a Herc with my Trader brig a few weeks ago.  The guy was a complete noob, and should of owned me, and if I was in a ship with more crew I prob would of keep fighting him (that and i had full cargo, but he had tow snow fleet killing my other traders so I left.)   

No one has said they don't bring more PvP, that is something we aren't arguing about, but they are built OP verse any ship in there class when you look stat per stat.   Show me one other 6th rate with the same crew and stats as the LRQ?  Show me a 5th rate that can carry the same cannons and go into the shallows?   In a straight up fight of folks with the same skill level they will beat most other ships of the same class.  Remember not counting skills (so Hetwill don't bring up the you beat them with prince and crap...cause you have skill over noobs in DLC ships).     

We don't see folks in yachts all the time fighting do we and they are throw away ships.  Since we have no other DLC's to compare them I would like @admin to do a test.  Make Diana a DLC ship for all for a month.  Let us redeem it every 24-48 hours and I beat you will see the same result.  Hell do it with the old Connie or even the clasic new one and just test it for a month. Hell pick any ship and make it a DLC folks can redeem once a day and lets see how the numbers look.   

None of that changes the fact that both the Hercules and the LRQ are Elite ships and shouldn't been DLC's in the first place.  Maybe BP's rewarded after doing some great Mission string or something.  The best thing is to make them craftable in game for folks that don't want to pay for the DLC so that they aren' t P2W ships and all have use of them.  Some just get them cheaper by paying real money instead of having to craft them.

@Sir Texas Sir my poor little brain needs to keep things simple :

ppl love sailing current ship DLCs

current ship DLCs don't make them invulnerable

current ship DLCs bring more PvP (also, they make PvE-ers happy)

Fine-tuning of ship characteristics is always possible

ship DLCs fund new ships in game

I love Le Requin

ship DLCs = joy

🙂