Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

31 minutes ago, Clifford Scott Wilson said:

Or they could combine the 2 on the  PvP server and have a "Cartel Ship" dlc available which prevents the players ships from being attacked by other players

The community on the Peace server is culturally distinct.  Insulating these players from attack does not recreate the environment they enjoy.  A combined server would force them to mingle with competitive PvP'rs, and many would quit.

Please don't ruin the Peace server in hopes it will improve the War Server. Their situation is unique, separate, and they don't affect PvP'rs.

Put yourselves in their position.  Imagine that we combine the servers and allow only a small area for PvP and only "Cartel" DCL ships can attack each other, and port battles are allowed only in the small PvP area.  The rest of the map is Peaceful.  All the other players can not attack each other. This would be untenable for PvP'rs, they would feel cheated and disappointed.  Many would quit.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 5

For admin the question is about money. He said that time and time again. If the peace server brings him more money than an arena, there will be a peace server. 

I've looked up "American truck driver" which is the most boring game i could possibly imagine. It's like doing traderuns in OW and never getting into a fight. That game has 92% positive reviews and 4.5k players constantly. How is that even possible... The reason is simple. It does what it does. nothing more, nothing less. If you want to drive a truck, thats where you go. if you dont. You wont touch the thing. You get what it says. 

For Naval Action it's strange and the 59% positive reviews make it a marketing nightmare anyways. Naval Action suggests that you will have "action" but when people actually play, they will be disappointed. Of course, the game is also promoted under "action" games... You know whats also under action? Team Fortress2 ... imagine someone who likes tf2 joining naval action.... what do you think he will say about the game?

Imo NA tried/tries to be too many things at once and thus gets caught up in an inbetween which is sad for all parts. They could have made a beautiful naval trading game, but that isnt fleshed out enough... Or a crazy crafting game, but for that it's all too generic. Or a real good arena game, but that door has been closed. So they end up being meh in everything and a community which is divided. I wouldnt be here if the game was advertised as a "Naval Merchant Simulator", and noone would have to bother with me ;)

• Like 1

There is one thing that I feel needs desperate change, and I think that pretty much everyone will agree with me on this.

The pictures on items and specifically modules.

yomykik.jpg

There needs to be something that tells me exactly what kind of module each one is, without me having to hover over it. Either some text as we had previously over items back in the day or something that makes each individual item more identifiable. A faded French flag behind the French Rig Refit or a Spanish flag behind the Spanish Rig Refit. CCR on the top of the Cartagena Refit. That kind of thing.

It's an absolute nightmare trying to organise an outpost and it's really irritating.

Is this something that could get looked into?

• Like 3