Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

3 minutes ago, Sureshot (SeaHyena) said:

It's hard to play NA frequently because you need to clear a whole days schedule to play 1 battle. You have to find a target, (20 mins to an 1hr), battle could last up to 1hr 30 min, then you get revenge fleeted(another 1hr 3min).  It's almost 4-5 hours just to find a battle and get back to port, if you can make it.

That's a pretty big exaggeration.  Many players have 3-4 (or more) battles in a couple of hours.  And that's not just clubbing seals.  There is a lot more defensive action and skilled players to fight with our larger population now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

Better to not confuse being against something and boycott. If your mommy gives you $5 to buy a candy, do you go and spend it on something else? Many players are against DLC, yet they buy them to "defeat Russia". Classic example of Prussian nation. The irony is strong there, @Flinch.

Yes on fags but that is a different story. He could have said that he wouldn't buy it if he got the money or not. If I gave you the money to buy fags, You you start smoking or spend it on something else? It doesn't matter whos money it is that you buy the dlc. The second the cash flows the game model works. P2W in general is a bunch of players thinking if they stop it won't make a difference. 

Just now, Liberalism said:

You can't stop or change P2W model of the games with boycotts or forum polls. It's more likely that the game will die rather than change earning policy. It's still not as bad as on the mobile market where literally every new release is heavy P2W with people spending 40 thousand dollars on pixels to be the best and yet the games have millions of players. Look at Clash of Clans or any other biggest and most popular mobile games.

The thing I call p2w in naval action is actually not really p2w anymore because the dlc ships are shite. They are a waste of money. I would rather good dlc ships that are just like the rest. I told the devs they would have the issue off useless dlc ships or p2w DLC ships. There is no balance. 

I do not play mobile games because I am a proper gamer :p 

11 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

Proper gamers are the minority now ;) Plus we know business is where the money is. Mobile games earning policy is slowly entering PC gaming market.

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/global-games-market-reaches-137-9-billion-in-2018-mobile-games-take-half/

You can look at the past two E3 and the number of mobile games that were presented by large studios. Bethesda's being one that comes to mind quickly.

Hi guys, i can only repeat, 

since 14 days i made a lot of long trade missions (and transport missions) and i still must say:  The AI-Ship Population is very low.

I crossed now the eastern part of the map from North to south and back (dozens times). At open water, nearly no Ai-ship to see. Nearby big ports there are some but only Little boats at the most. We Need much more AI-ships to develop our characters

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jodgi said:

Since I'm on a roll...

WoT is undoubtedly a continuing success. One of their core design goals was to keep it attractive and viable to the average "dad" type: A person with a job, wife, kids, car and possibly a garden patch AND/BUT with a few bucks to throw at a casual hobby in a continual manner.

Now measure OW against that template for success...

You might want to reconsider the word "continuing". It might be a success, as I would consider anything with players a success. However, the population of WoT is on a huge downtrend. The P2W and Russian bias in the game has turned away so many players. EA is even considering dropping the tournaments. Plus, MMO OW sandbox is where it's at. :)

19 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

Proper gamers are the minority now

not really because there are just way more games. The "typical" game will exist as long as there is demand. The mobile market is growing but the PC and console market are also growing. Your graph is direct proof there is 0 competition between the 2. Business models from mobile games coming to general gaming is toxic yes but I have no doubt the typical games will continue to exist. Sony smashed xbox this generation because they simply had more single player high quality exclusives that have been extremely successful. There is a market for those games and more people than you think avoid games with lootboxes and all the nonsense we see more and more off. 

22 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

However, the population of WoT is on a huge downtrend.

Define "huge"...

a7c0e4a0ad21cf160a6a549fa920ba33.png

"Oh, no! We dipped under 750k players this week! The arena is doomed!"

Stop confusing your opinions with statistics.

Would you say this sandbox MMO also has a "huge" downtrend?

e95b33cf9f54572756ecde84df057d67.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Define "huge"...

A more in depth look at it from one of the main youtubers in the WOT community. Seems like its not dead, maybe not even dying, but it is certainly not healthy.

• Like 1

Make the game more interesting for more casual players... I know two people that actually quit after the release because of the wipe and regrinding all stuff, and because the leveling against the cheating ai is a pain. Also after the front lines settled it was almost impossible to do mission for combat marks for them... you moved the areas where ai spawns to for the missions right on the front line... I can deal with it, casual players not... new players will be frustrated as well. For me I got all the DLC ships I got ganked, fine move to the next one and wait a bit until the ship I like is available again. New players that just try it out with ships they actually work for do not have the luxory and they feel frustration I bet. I mean for example if you play the UK you need to travel for ages to do the 5th rate missions and end up mostly in areas between two nations that just wait for you. One goal of a game design should be that its fun, and does not turn into frustration central. Bring back protected zones so that people can skill up thier ships and gain so level and get pvp ready instead of just being pray for your oh so beloved hard core pvp players. Those few that you seem to cater to the most will not pay your bills and development, the mass of people you get slaughtered are the ones that pay and can cause growth. Also protected zones are actually more realistic, or do you really think pirates would have come to a real strong navy base like KPR to raid? of cause not there would be (like it was with protected zones) a strong response by the royal navy. They would have not sat in thier ships and joke "oh look one of ours is getting ganked!" Especially how you set the whole thing up most big clans leave kpr alone, and kpr is where all the new people start... A lot of fun if you just start and are the victim!

• Like 2

Oh and I forgot something WHY OH WHY... on the sale did you put Le Req the greatest pain for new players because its a newbie hunter on sale... There are to many of them already... you could used Le Herm, or Ratt... Ships that are balanced... I really looks like you actually want to get rid of new players really!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, van der Clam said:

However, the population of WoT is on a huge downtrend.

Do you know game with nine year old with uptrend of population?

NA have downtrend if you look to steamchart. Before wipe there were 49587 accounts on WAR server. After wipe only 8940.

It's very excite that 8940 player make online more than 1000. But how long this will continue?

If there is an assumption that the new type of game will be interesting, then why not try.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Hood said:

Oh and I forgot something WHY OH WHY... on the sale did you put Le Req the greatest pain for new players because its a newbie hunter on sale... There are to many of them already... you could used Le Herm, or Ratt... Ships that are balanced... I really looks like you actually want to get rid of new players really!

The Requin is only a pain if you do not tell a new player how to deal with them. They are easy to escape from. It is up to the veterans to inform them on how to survive. If they take the new information or not is up to them. Tried to help a Dutch player the other day who was throwing a hissing fit because he would join other players pve grinds and they would get mad at him when he wouldn't leave. When I explained to him why he called me a few choice words and someone that is killing the population of the game. While another person was struggling with boarding on the PvE server which I proceeded to guide him to some instructional videos to help him out. The community does need to step up as well to a degree when it come to their nations new players. Cannot leave them alone to flop around. Not that type of game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Do you know game with nine year old with uptrend of population?

NA have downtrend if you look to steamchart. Before wipe there were 49587 accounts on WAR server. After wipe only 8940.

It's very excite that 8940 player make online more than 1000. But how long this will continue?

If there is an assumption that the new type of game will be interesting, then why not try.

most of them probably have no clue the game was released. we are seeing players daily, turn up and ask " where is my stuff ? "

sending an email to all on forums would have been something , for me, I don't load steam if I don't play NA and I am probably not the only one so a Steam announcement wouldnt have been noticed by me

The vast majority of purchasers were either unaware or not bothered about the games release. Dismantling it now to pander to players who didn't bother to try and test legends seems like grasping at straws

did the combat zone bring swarms of players back to the game , pvp on demand ....

i am pretty sure the devs got tired of tinkering with the formula and decided to launch when they did to fulfil their promise to do so

if any of us here didn't end up with the perfect game each of us wanted, sad to say but we were never all going to be happy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davos Seasworth said:

The Requin is only a pain if you do not tell a new player how to deal with them. They are easy to escape from. It is up to the veterans to inform them on how to survive. If they take the new information or not is up to them. Tried to help a Dutch player the other day who was throwing a hissing fit because he would join other players pve grinds and they would get mad at him when he wouldn't leave. When I explained to him why he called me a few choice words and someone that is killing the population of the game. While another person was struggling with boarding on the PvE server which I proceeded to guide him to some instructional videos to help him out. The community does need to step up as well to a degree when it come to their nations new players. Cannot leave them alone to flop around. Not that type of game.

Here is the thing about le req... and I am  guilty of that too... you shadow a new player wait until he is somewhat bad in the wind you rage board and voila a kill. So easy even I can do it  :) The thing is and I know its now just me if I am in any other ship but le req and somebody calls for help because he got attacked by one, I honestly ignore... like you can outrun a le req by using the wind, you also never catch one that knows how to work the wind in any other ship but a le req. And even nicer if you bring a le req to catch another one he can chain you while you chaise him... you got your awesome front guns that do nothing basically while you chase. And this is a common thing about le req... I was hunting the wind was in my advantage and I sailed by 3 enemy 5th rates... nobody even bothered trying to chase me because its useless. This ship is like purpose build to annoy new players that prolly even get shocked if they know what do to if they get into pvp... 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

did the combat zone bring swarms of players back to the game , pvp on demand ....

Oh, the zones became a massive disappointment to those it was intended for. 

As they are now I wouldn't even blink if they were deleted for the good of the sandbox.

We tried to think up PvP-on-demand within the OW, but that discussion culminated in admin saying "gankers are players too". MMO sandbox stuff invariably shits on everything I might find fun.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jodgi said:

Define "huge"...

a7c0e4a0ad21cf160a6a549fa920ba33.png

e95b33cf9f54572756ecde84df057d67.png

Your WoT stat indeed shows a downtrend, does it not? Or should I put some trend lines on it? I still called it a success simply because it has players. And EA reporting the possible killing of the tournaments is not an opinion; it's reported everywhere. Eve is showing a downtrend as well, but I don't follow it to know why, never played it. WoT is a different story...losing 400k in 7 months is bigly. Eve's last 3 years is negligible. 
BTW, which server is your WoT stat? US? EU? RU? 

42 minutes ago, Clifford Scott Wilson said:

I've been on WOT for 2 years. The entire time - from day 1 - people were saying it was a dying game. Still seems to be going pretty strong to me....

Pfffff - people will always say that to promote their particular idea of what's wrong with the game.  "Xyz is killing the game!  Population is dying!  Everyone that left obviously agrees with me!" 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Davos Seasworth said:

People help out newer players all the time. I've done it and I'm sure alot of others do too. 

• Like 1