Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

On 1/6/2019 at 1:18 AM, OverLock said:

We don't need more annoying mechanics, we need more intuitive, fun and engaging mechanics.

Instead of OW trouble, we need more reasons to go in to Battle overview... like a you could make a fishing instance where you go harpoon whales or dolphins or belldiving for treasure.. both actions would force you to stop your ship for a full minute or more. The instance would stay open for a looong time, 5-10 minutes? But anyone jumping in would be spawned in far away. Or a repair instance where you could get close to shore, trigger the action and your ship would be stopped for a few minutes to get fully repaired off of scavenging the island(the repair action could also be offered in OW, stuck for a few minutes in OW would be a risky action.

Could also do give more craft to us this way... different quality bells for diving and fishing gear... both of which would wear down after a few uses to make economy to it. !!These items should be in your ships cargohold, not in any mod slot!!

If these kind of instances offer high payout to the players initiating it, it also offers more pvp opportunities. Like with AI hunting, you shouldnt be able to trigger these events too close to populated areas(capitals or even county capitals) or rarely get anything valuable from it. On War server these should be safe from AI attacks as players are a threat enough.. on the Peace server you should put in a random chance of AI attack in those instances.

..Just a random fart as Im having my morning coffee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About AI aggression:

Its great if done right:

in OW NPC combat ships should appear fewer than they do now but NPC should be outright annoying and dangerous if player chooses too raid capital ports where new players start so new players should have some actual protection from seal clubbers who raid this ports

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 1:11 AM, admin said:

Captains. Here is the update on the development plans for the next months.

• Port UI optimization will be deployed in 1-2 weeks
    • the annoying redraw for all icons will significantly improve.
  • Battle UI will be refreshed and updated within next couple of months.
    • Some information on enemy actions will be removed from boarding to discourage last click action.
  • Flags DLC
    • Flags DLC will be introduced within next couple of days (from today 29th November) based on when Valve approves the page
  • Localization
    • Game code was fully prepared for the localization
    • Localization (translation) will start next week. Once it finishes it will feature the following languages
      • German
      • Chinese
      • French
      • Spanish
      • Russian
      • Korean
      • Japanese
    • Localization file will also feature custom language for the community translations into other languages. Players can change the custom file themselves or download community files 
  • New player operations
    • Welcome to the Caribbean operation for the new players
    • Replaced with player tips
  • PVP/PVE missions
    • We have decided against lobby based content as a result all PVP tournaments and challenges will happen in the open world
    • New challenges will be introduced
      • Solo patrols
      • Group events
    • PVP hunt missions will be added
  • Conquest missions
    • Ports will give out capture missions for nearby ports or counties
    • Economic sabotage and financing local resistance might get added too. 
  • Trading and economic PVP
    • Trading will be improved and pricing will be affected by distance from source. Goods local for Trinidad island will be extremely valuable in the Bermudas or Charleston. and vice versa. 
    • Cities will produce more goods if supplied by basic resources from local county cities
      • e.g. Brining grain or maize to a certain county capital will help it to spawn more white oak or copper
      • e.g. Bringing combat reports to capitals will eventually bring more graduates from europe to serve as gunnery officers
    • Every area (county, island) will feature unique goods only present in this region. Players will be able to maximize profit by hauling goods away from these regions. 
    • Trading and crafting missions
      • Delivery missions 
      • Crafting missions (for guns, repairs, ships)
      • Postal services
      • Passenger transport
  • Port development (new feature)
    • Resource investments
    • Shipbuilding bonuses
    • Fortifications
  • Additional PVE combat improvements
    • AI improvements for NPCs 
    • Elite NPCs
    • Bot routes in the open world will improve
    • NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).
    • National NPCs will also try to support weaker side in uneven battles if they are around. 

This is great.  Sort of a road map.  Can anyone explain the code?   What is meant by Green text?  By Strikethrough text?

If paint dlcs were made in another way, there would be no need to lock good ships behind a paywall and upset players

E.g. have several DLCs, maybe one for each paint style ("brest Harbor" DLC) and make it so only you can change the paint on it - and once traded or captured, the ship would lose its paint status, unless the new owner also got the DLC

But i suppose its too late for that

• Like 4

On 11/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, admin said:

+ NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).

• National NPCs will also try to support weaker side in uneven battles if they are around. 

I'm really disapointed.... 

• Like 2

• e.g. Brining grain or maize to a certain county capital will help it to spawn more white oak or copper
  • e.g. Bringing combat reports to capitals will eventually bring more graduates from europe to serve as gunnery officers

Is this happening now?

• Like 3

Dear @admin and @Ink,

Would it be possible for you to give us an update on these development plans?

Also I am not sure where but I have heard something about a final release before the 20th of June 2019, whether this is true or not could we get an answer to that?

Regarding the wipe, all I have to say is that it will make the game a lot better as everyone will theoretically be equal; eventhough this is not the correct topic I would like to suggest something:

Would it be an idea to lock some of the Imported Ships for the first day or first 2 days of the official release? Eventhough I own them I do think it would give us an unfair advantage in a way.

I'd love to hear from you,

Kind regards,

Abraham

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Abraham van Riebeeck said:

Dear @admin and @Ink,

Would it be an idea to lock some of the Imported Ships for the first day or first 2 days of the official release? Eventhough I own them I do think it would give us an unfair advantage in a way.

Experienced players will have an advantage whetever you do. If you think that old players will sail small ships, like pickles and lynxes the first day, or perhaps a brig, you are wrong. That wont happen after the wipe and release. The first minute  after the release most experienced players will do the tutorial. Almost all will manage the endurance exame in the first 1-2 hours. A large portion of the oldtimers will even manage the final exam, within 2-3 hours. Then the playerbase is divided into newbs and noobs that sail cutters and lynxes and oildtimers that sail Mercurys, Brigs and frigates. That will happen after the first 3 hours of the release.

DLC or not.

Money is easy to get so after 3 hours the best experienced oldtimers will sail cerberuses and frigates, the other oldtimers Mercurys and the rest 7th rate ships.

So even without DLC:s you will see LOTS of cerbs and frigates ingame after just about 3 hours.

The only cutters sailing around would be alts  sailing to establish outposts.

Edited by Ligatorswe

1 minute ago, Ligatorswe said:

old players will have an advantage whetever you do. I believe you think that old players will sail small ships, like pickles and lynxes. That wont happen after the wipe and release. The first day after the release all old players will do the tutorial. Almost all will manage the endurance exame in the first 1-2 hours. A large portion of the oldtimers will even manage the final exam, within 2-3 hours. Then the playerbase is divided into newbs and noobs that sail cutters and lynxes and oildtimers that sail Mercurys, Brigs and frigates. That will happen after the first 3 hours of the release.

DLC or not.

money is easy to get so after 3 hours the best oldtimers will sail cerberus, the other oldtimers Mercurys and the rest 7th rate ships.

So even without DLC.s you will see LOTS of cerbs ingame after just about 3 hours.

Coast Guard time to protect our Noobs (If we get any into Russian in the First Place)

A veteran DLC owner will start farming noobs with LRQ, step to Hercules if he wants (he does not need), next comes L'Hermione and finaly Ratvissen. During this time, new players will be still struggling with oak/oak or fir 6th rates and trying to replace lost ships in new economy. Having DLC ready at release is much worse than having 20 rare books knowledge if they ever existed. DLCs are making the total wipe useless for sure.

So whatever good changes are done to the game, this is the bitter truth at the end. It does not seem like a happy ending.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Un propietario de DLC veterano comenzará a cultivar novatos con LRQ, pasará a Hercules si quiere (no necesita), luego vendrá L'Hermione y finalmente Ratvissen. Durante este tiempo, los nuevos jugadores seguirán luchando con las tasas de roble / roble o abeto 6 e intentarán reemplazar los barcos perdidos en la nueva economía. Tener DLC listo en el lanzamiento es mucho peor que tener 20 libros de conocimientos raros si alguna vez existieron. Los DLC están haciendo la limpieza total inútil, sin duda.

Entonces, independientemente de los buenos cambios que se hagan al juego, esta es la amarga verdad al final. No parece un final feliz.

I think that this thought is too simple, does not count on the players need to have level to carry those boats, besides being able to buy cannons or have upgrades so they will need real and doubloons to be able to maintain buildings, that without taking into account that they they can also be sunk by other players. As always everything is very black for players

The wipe will reset thing, but cannot reset the experience in the players, so the skilled ones will rise very quickly through the ranks.

But I don't think this is bad. In the first hours the DLC ships will unbalance everything, but after a week or two things will be similar to today.

The most important and positive thing will be the map reset

7 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

The wipe will reset thing, but cannot reset the experience in the players, so the skilled ones will rise very quickly through the ranks.

But I don't think this is bad. In the first hours the DLC ships will unbalance everything, but after a week or two things will be similar to today.

The most important and positive thing will be the map reset

They will unbalace it even without DLCs. As i wrote. After 3 hours in game the experienced players will sail frigates and cerbs (if DLCs are not there)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ligatorswe said:

They will unbalace it even without DLCs. As i wrote. After 3 hours in game the experienced players will sail frigates and cerbs (if DLCs are not there)

Right, but since this is because of individual skill, I do not see it as a problem. It is deserved.