Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

See your putting words in my mouth.  I said you prob don’t PVP much and I worded it as a question not a statement of your actions. Simply cause I don’t know how much you do or don’t do.  

Again you stated I should use my VM to build ships, they are only used in. Building SOL’s.  so that would mean I should build them and go fight in them.  

As for market of VM to real to doubloons I would have to look that up but back to the topic I stated we should be able to turn them in for doubloons.  You can buy 1 VM for 1000 doubloons.  So why shouldn’t we trade them back for the same?  If I would them for reals and bought doubloons with my reward I would loose money and it means VM and RvR is pointless as the only reward other than owning the port has useless rewards. 

I take it your against it cause you don’t RvR or gain VM?

Well “I take it” is a statement, But you hide it behind a ?

Right now, last pb was Green cay. Not sure how many Wm I have. But still have 8 procturates, so I guess I still get VM each weeks.

Admin want ppl in Ow to grind dbl, then the solution in not to have a change where you just sit in habor and get it without having to do anything.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:08 AM, Sea Archer said:

I do not like the aggressive NPC idea. 

I do like the idea that NPC may come and help an outnumbered player. That makes ganking a bit more difficult.

The rest we have to test. Though I am not sure if the boarding system will really be an improvement. 

If you keep the aggressive AI to green zones all you have to do is stay out of other nations green zones.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

If you keep the aggressive AI to green zones all you have to do is stay out of other nations green zones.

Pretty hard to do that when your green zones extend right up the edge of enemy ports. Some of them are so close to enemy docks that if you were standing on one in real-life, you could skip rocks into your guys' reinforcement zones.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:08 AM, Sea Archer said:

I do like the idea that NPC may come and help an outnumbered player. That makes ganking a bit more difficult.

It makes solo hunting more difficult. Ganking fleets will remain unaffected, or will even screen and kite AI fleets if they have to.

Some information on enemy actions will be removed from boarding to discourage last click action.
NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).

sound like epic battles!

Edited by n_Ka
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, n_Ka said:

Some information on enemy actions will be removed from boarding to discourage last click action.

NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).

sound like epic battles!

I am sure everyone is excited about being tagged by these 12 ships AI fleets when sailing in the OW from A to B.  

• Like 3

On 12/17/2018 at 9:54 PM, greybuscat said:

Pretty hard to do that when your green zones extend right up the edge of enemy ports. Some of them are so close to enemy docks that if you were standing on one in real-life, you could skip rocks into your guys' reinforcement zones.

So what you’re saying is it is challenging for one nation to have a port really close to enemy territory and the reverse, a nation would have an advantage launching a campaign against an enemy port when the preparation and sailing could be accomplished primarily in a relatively secure area.

I see nothing wrong with this. Sounds realistic. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, admin said:

• NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).
    • National NPCs will also try to support weaker side in uneven battles if they are around. 

Great news overall but so much the highlighted ones !!! +1.000

If AI dont attack Players on their own, new players coming to the game, will ask them why so many NPC fleets are around in the first place ? Only as moving targets ?? And honestly, me already asking this myself...

As @rediii stated already, agressive AI will not only hunt you, but also protect you :P

...when the Devs try to close all loopholes in the game like the by myself strong critiziced unability to log out from inside battle instance f.e., NPCs doing their job is another highly welcomed step towards more realism !!!

It might be annoying at some time, but i am sure people will adept very quick and when the Devs also tweak KI of NPCs, f.e. making some stronger ("Elite NPC"), other weaker and also tweak your own Fleet NPCs, making them more valuable (Expeience for Fleet Captains ???), this will make the world feel more alive, which is a good one

On 12/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, Porpoise said:

I am sure everyone is excited about being tagged by these 12 ships AI fleets when sailing in the OW from A to B.  

Easy solution:

Remove those silly unhistorical huge fleets altogether !!

Because i dont remember anyone or any clan ever attacked one of those fleets...(for such purposes we have Epic Events)

7 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Because i dont remember anyone or any clan ever attacked one of those fleets...(for such purposes we have Epic Events)

Those fleets are often attacked.

Two good players can destroy these fleets, without getting in troubles. I often did this together with one of my clan buddies and I know players who attack fleets in this numbers alone.

The difference to an Epic Event is, that you can use ships with different rate to the AI (Open world fleet: 4th Rate AI-fleet can be attacked by 3rd Rate Player ship). Epic Events drop only as 4th or 1st Rate Event, the open world fleets sail in nearly every Rate.   

Don't talk about "unhistorical", this is a game and not a simulation of historical facts.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 12:43 PM, Intrepido said:

I really have my doubt logging out in battle instance is going to make a return.

Too easily exploited and tested until exhaustion in the past.

I would love so much to see back the option at the end of a battle between going back in ow or tp to closest open harbour by leaving all your hold behind. 

• Like 1

Just now, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I would love so much to see back the option at the end of a battle between going back in ow or tp to closest open harbour by leaving all your hold behind. 

As long as we can magically teleport items to a chest ( read upgrades ) this still falls short.

And still, then that system will be used to catapult entire 1st rate fleets across map.

If anything, tp back to last visited port ( when chest magic ceases to be part of play ).

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 7:11 AM, admin said:

Captains. Here is the update on the development plans for the next months.

• Port UI optimization will be deployed in 1-2 weeks
    • the annoying redraw for all icons will significantly improve.

• Battle UI will be refreshed and updated within next couple of months.
    • Some information on enemy actions will be removed from boarding to discourage last click action.
  • Flags DLC
    • Flags DLC will be introduced within next couple of days (from today 29th November) based on when Valve approves the page
  • Localization
    • Game code was fully prepared for the localization
    • Localization (translation) will start next week. Once it finishes it will feature the following languages
      • German
      • Chinese
      • French
      • Spanish
      • Russian
      • Korean
      • Japanese
    • Localization file will also feature custom language for the community translations into other languages. Players can change the custom file themselves or download community files 
  • New player operations
    • Welcome to the Caribbean operation for the new players
  • PVP missions
    • We have decided against lobby based content as a result all PVP tournaments and challenges will happen in the open world
    • New challenges will be introduced
      • Solo patrols
      • Group and/or clan based events
    • Patrol ROE will be improved somewhat.
    • PVP hunt missions will be added
  • Conquest missions
    • Ports will give out capture missions for nearby ports or counties
    • Economic sabotage and financing local resistance might get added too. 
  • Trading and economic PVP
    • Trading will be improved and pricing will be affected by distance from source. Goods local for Trinidad island will be extremely valuable in the Bermudas or Charleston. and vice versa. 
    • Cities will produce more goods if supplied by basic resources from local county cities
      • e.g. Brining grain or maize to a certain county capital will help it to spawn more white oak or copper
      • e.g. Bringing combat reports to capitals will eventually bring more graduates from europe to serve as gunnery officers
    • Every area (county, island) will feature unique goods only present in this region. Players will be able to maximize profit by hauling goods away from these regions. 
    • Trading and crafting missions
      • Delivery missions 
      • Crafting missions (for guns, repairs, ships)
      • Postal services
      • Passenger transport
  • Additional PVE combat improvements
    • AI improvements for NPCs 
    • Elite NPCs
    • Bot routes in the open world will improve
    • NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).
    • National NPCs will also try to support weaker side in uneven battles if they are around. 

Oh wow... where do we start...
- Ports: Regarding the outposts, u need to show how much each upgrade costs and what they will give you or allow you to craft. 
- Boarding: It's not a matter of knowing information, the whole boarding system is very damn poor the way it is. It's just a rock paper scissors minigame.
- More dlcs: Changing nation, ammount of buildings (and hence the only way of making a good produciton line without depending on other players), and other features which could be implemented into the game and ways to acquire them in game being blocked by paywalls.
- Trading: Great job with increased rewards by distance, this could be further improved by allowing the players to use buildings in order to acquire trade goods instead of depending on the market availability. But longer travels means even longer times with the game in the background without doing anything interesting or useful, but watching a video on youtube or doing anything else will be a dream if you keep the idea of making the NPCs agressive, but more on that later.
- AI improvement: Avoid improving the lower class ship AIs much, they are very hard for beginners already, or make different difficulty AI missions with different rewards.
- NPC agresison in the open world... oh come on... here we go.
Let's start with the obvious part, the PVE. There you are with a low class ship or the ship you fought soo long for, suddenly you are greeted by 10 ships of your class or higher. Very fun. Also... has anyone thought that this could be a baginner? What a wellcome.
There is also no safe zone, as you can leave your port and have an enemy vassel much stronger than yours right in front of you.
Oh... but friendly ships can help? IF there are friendly ships, IF they arrive in the battle in time, IF they don't spawn too far, IF they are fast enough to catch up, IF they are strong enough to deal with your enemies.
But let's suppose you manage to survive... wait, is that other NPC fleet? Oh boy, here we go again, and again, and again.
Trading: Currently they have to stay there with the ship pointed towards the destination for hours while not having any fun at all while playing. But that is not enough, before they could watch youtube, netflix, do something else that isn't watching the waves. Now, with NPCs hunting you (as if players weren't enough), you have to stay there staring at the screen and praying nothing catches u, otherwise you will sink with probably most of your economies.

If you want risk you play in the PVP server, if you want PVP in the PVE server you could add missions to it including conquering ports.
We don't need more annoying mechanics, we need more intuitive, fun and engaging mechanics.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2018 at 11:11 AM, admin said:

NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).

Maybe make a war status... like one week GB vs France, where their AI ships will be aggressive against all players(except their own faction players ofc) in their faction areas. Overall AI aggression does seem like a pain in the butt.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2019 at 5:18 PM, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

If anything, tp back to last visited port ( when chest magic ceases to be part of play ).

This looks to me a good compromise for most parts:

- Quality of life feature (having the option to leave the game safely for RL reasons)

- preventing unlimited ganking until you lost whole fleet

- prevent magical teleporting around the globe

pls @admin

giphy.gif

Now imagine here a picture of Jean Luc Picard (too lazy to search for :P)

• Like 1

As an PvE player, I think that NPC aggression could be a good addition, if it's done right. For me, that means:

• Only warships will be attacked and traders with the smuggling flag on.
  • No tagging at (in-game) night time, allowing smugglers to get into an enemy harbor safely.
  • Relatively fair odds,  with a max difference of 33% Battle Rating.
  • Player should be able to join a NPC fleet of their own nation by paying protection money, meaning only other large fleets will be able to attack. Drawback is that you'll be slowed down in comparison to manual OW sailing because of wind directions.

Edited by Anymn
  • Like 2

NPC aggression 

Isn't new, they have reworke it , and it's a good news, before the land in battle, npc enter in battle for help other npc.

The devs have delete it for some raison...

I had say no in the past.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:10 PM, Dostojetski said:

Maybe make a war status... like one week GB vs France, where their AI ships will be aggressive against all players(except their own faction players ofc) in their faction areas. Overall AI aggression does seem like a pain in the butt.

This here is a great suggestion.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:18 AM, OverLock said:

We don't need more annoying mechanics, we need more intuitive, fun and engaging mechanics.

Indeed. Came back after a good 6 months break only to find a game in a less engaging state than it was before. Making the game engaging is key.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Just allow deliveries of your resources between your own outposts. We dont have time to just sail it everywhere, This is one of the biggest problems for crafters

I liked when we had deliveries. I just wish that the delivery ships had a departure timer and would appear in OW as NPC and capturable by players. Imagine capping those fleet ships. That would seriously damage their econ.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Just allow deliveries of your resources between your own outposts. We dont have time to just sail it everywhere, This is one of the biggest problems for crafters

13 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I liked when we had deliveries. I just wish that the delivery ships had a departure timer and would appear in OW as NPC and capturable by players. Imagine capping those fleet ships. That would seriously damage their econ.

I can't find the thread, but I believe that the @Admin has stated that allowing AI to sail a Player's ships is dangerous and Players do not want to take the risk.

Apologies in advance if I have misinterpreted the Admin.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Macjimm said:

I can find the thread but I believe that the @Admin has stated that allowing AI to sail Player's ships is dangerous and Players do not want to take the risk.

Apologies in advance if I have misinterpreted the Admin.

Yes, I believe that was the reason. And this is why I have suggested we need to have fleet commander characters that can gain XP with use. It irks the hell out of me that our fleet ship commanders are so idiotic compared to NPC.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

Yes, I believe that was the reason. And this is why I have suggested we need to have fleet commander characters that can gain XP with use. It irks the hell out of me that out fleet ship commanders are so idiotic compared to NPC.

You may be asking for a lot if you want AI be smart.  I don't care and would be very happy to take the risk, (with stupid AI) but I am guessing that the Devs expect they will be slammed with a barrage of complaints if they allow AI to sail player ships.  Especially when NPCs start attacking each other.

Also: the AI sail through land and AI captains could result in abuse;  risk free sail routes.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1