Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

20 minutes ago, admin said:

Tweaking WASA was a mistake (caving to crying instead of looking into data) - it is an amazing ship that will come back to its glory after a buff. 

Please don't buff it to full previous stats... It was a mistake that Wasa was op. Please reanalyse usage data,it was the only reasonable ship to sail for a long time. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Wyy said:

you will never get a realistic result when people sit on full CW stacks of resources players have gained from months ago,

Tbh there's no need to wait for results. Economy is not player based and crafting /Resources /reals economy is designed so that it won't be a burden for new and more casual players. As a result it is always an abundance economy with only rising inflation for refits and PvP based currency and with old players being in general richer than new ones. Clans will always sit on resources and money will be losing value in time as long as economy is not player based and is adjusted to easy play. 

Doublons on the other hand are increasing value and will keep increasing value. Right now they're often being sold for 250-300 reals. People don't sail doublon based ships so much and AFAIK don't craft them much. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 6:49 AM, admin said:

but what about complaints that sailing is boring. Wont NPCs actually help the player to actually do something while sailing like evading hotspots or checking a horizon from time to time?

Now I think I finally understand your apparent stance on the baseline economics as regarding doubloons and crafting.  The game is advertised as hardcore and realistic.  Apparently the realism doesn't include merchant activity.  At least not at any levels appropriate to the "beautiful age of sail."  You apparently want all players engaging in combat at every sailing.  Any economically meaningful level of crafting appears to be dependent on it.

Yes, merchants playing on the War server should expect some degree of risk.  But not need to regularly sail through the middle of Trafalgar.  

Well it is your game.

Time for me to move on.

Edited by John Jacob Astor
clarification
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 10:11 AM, admin said:

• Trading and economic PVP
    • Trading will be improved and pricing will be affected by distance from source. Goods local for Trinidad island will be extremely valuable in the Bermudas or Charleston. and vice versa. 
    • Cities will produce more goods if supplied by basic resources from local county cities
      • e.g. Brining grain or maize to a certain county capital will help it to spawn more white oak or copper
      • e.g. Bringing combat reports to capitals will eventually bring more graduates from europe to serve as gunnery officers
    • Every area (county, island) will feature unique goods only present in this region. Players will be able to maximize profit by hauling goods away from these regions. 
    • Trading and crafting missions
      • Delivery missions 
      • Crafting missions (for guns, repairs, ships)
      • Postal services
      • Passenger transport
  • Additional PVE combat improvements
    • AI improvements for NPCs 
    • Elite NPCs
    • Bot routes in the open world will improve
    • NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).
    • National NPCs will also try to support weaker side in uneven battles if they are around. 

PVE Server

Awesome, more variety in missions, including non combat missions, and especially, the return of NPC aggression... And even better, NPC aggression with the good old reinforcement by NPCs in area option... This should make the game much more interesting.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 12:11 PM, admin said:
  • NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).
  • National NPCs will also try to support weaker side in uneven battles if they are around. 

nogodpls.png.b98108cb27a322dc51ede99e5ae8094d.png

Bringing the dead feature back will broke PvP and kill a weak online at all. Why you protect PvE on War(PvP) Server more and more?

Great ideas and very happy with all the plans you have are putting into the first half of 2019.

Love the AI concept. Should add great content to the game and make pirating just a bit harder. All good stuff. 😁

Edited by Pirate Blackbeard

3 hours ago, Thomas Boyle said:

nogodpls.png.b98108cb27a322dc51ede99e5ae8094d.png

Bringing the dead feature back will broke PvP and kill a weak online at all. Why you protect PvE on War(PvP) Server more and more?

because it's logical within the game world that AI are more than just cattle to be slaughtered and that they serve some kind of greater purpose on the OW

If you don't like it don't play on the war server.

Edited by Slim McSauce

2 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

because it's logical within the game world that AI are more than just cattle to be slaughtered and that they serve some kind of greater purpose on the OW

If you don't like it don't play on the war server.

I would of thought on a war server that differentiates between a server with PvP and one with just AI , that PvP players want more options and content involving PVP, not to increase the amount of fighting AI.

Ai that’s attacks you would still be cattle just annoying cattle that shits on your PvP gameplay.

Have you tested a version with Ai that attacks you in OW?

• Like 2

Around 10 Special named AI in their "as historical as possible" ship models all around the map would be okay. 

Entire fleets or a lot of them, maybe not.

Safe zones aggressive AI ? Sure. If we going to have them safe zones at least make raiders have a sweat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tac said:

I would of thought on a war server that differentiates between a server with PvP and one with just AI , that PvP players want more options and content involving PVP, not to increase the amount of fighting AI.

Ai that’s attacks you would still be cattle just annoying cattle that shits on your PvP gameplay.

Have you tested a version with Ai that attacks you in OW?

Have you? It's called the war server for a reason. You should be expected to be engaged by enemies and players alike. Imagine if EVE's (the greatest sandbox ever created) AI only responded when attacked? boring game. The thrill is in the danger.

Edited by Slim McSauce

3 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Have you? It's called the war server for a reason. You should be expected to be engaged by enemies and players alike. Imagine if EVE's (the greatest sandbox ever created) AI only responded when attacked? boring game. The thrill is in the danger.

Yes I have it didn’t work, it’s called the war server because you can get your ass handed to you within 5 mins of leaving a port by another player,.

if you want to fight AI there’s a server for that or multiple different ways to go out and get it ,answer my as why I need more Ai interference in my quest for quality PvP? 

Edited by Tac
  • Like 2

I never thought I'd have to coin the term "pvp carebear" if you claim war server is so hardcore with player pvp then what's the problem with hardcore AI? its a staple of all MMOS to me you sounds unwilling to take on the challenge and instead prefer to gank newbs at capitals 

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

I never thought I'd have to coin the term "pvp carebear" if you claim war server is so hardcore with player pvp then what's the problem with hardcore AI? its a staple of all MMOS to me you sounds unwilling to take on the challenge and instead prefer to gank newbs at capitals 

People on this server don't really want to fight AI.  (and particularly not in fleets of 10)  They just do it for practice and a payday, and otherwise it gets in the way of the other things you want to do.  People will stop leaving port if they're chased by AI all the time. 

4 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

People on this server don't really want to fight AI.  (and particularly not in fleets of 10)  They just do it for practice and a payday, and otherwise it gets in the way of the other things you want to do.  People will stop leaving port if they're chased by AI all the time. 

"people on this server don't really want to fight right outside of capitals (particularly ganks) they just do it for fun and dbloons, otherwise it kills pop and gets in the way of new players development. "

See the double standard? Aggressive AI isnt an option, it's a given. You are playing a sandbox MMO rpg. If you want pure pvp only then the war server isnt exactly what you're looking for.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

See the double standard? Aggressive AI isnt an option, it's a given. You are playing a sandbox MMO rpg. If you want pure pvp only then the war server isnt exactly what you're looking for.

After some early n00b suffering in other similar games I'm able to avoid these interactions 100%.

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

"people on this server don't really want to fight right outside of capitals (particularly ganks) they just do it for fun and dbloons, otherwise it kills pop and gets in the way of new players development. "

I think they should want Legends back in that case. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

and you'll learn to avoid AI interaction as well :)

Again why are you asking me to endure the concept of fighting AI when all I’m logging on for is  PVP  ? 

There is a seperate server for this? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tac said:

Again why are you asking me to endure the concept of fighting AI when all I’m logging on for is  PVP  ? 

There is a seperate server for this? 

Because it isn't a dedicated PVP server. It's a PVE+PVP server. Otherwise why is there any AI sailing around in the first place? 🤔

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

Because it isn't a dedicated PVP server. It's a PVE+PVP server. Otherwise why is there any AI sailing around in the first place? 🤔

Because you choose to attack Ai for various reasons like missions if you choose too , PVE is choice and that’s fine why am I being forced to fight Ai when I sail to fight PvP?

There is however a dedicated PVE server.

17 minutes ago, Tac said:

Because you choose to attack Ai for various reasons like missions if you choose too , PVE is choice and that’s fine why am I being forced to fight Ai when I sail to fight PvP?

There is however a dedicated PVE server.

As a player who doesn't want to fight bots, you won''t be forced to fight them as they are avoidable. But you'll be forced to be watchful in OW/attentive to your environment (to avoid them) as, I guess, you currently are as a PvPer, looking for human preys and trying to avoid too powerful ennemies. Bot aggression adds something new in OW you absolutely have to handle, ie more content.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:11 AM, admin said:

NPC chasing abilities improvements + NPC aggression in the open world (when AI is confident it can catch and the target and give it some action). Captains will have to plan the movement around clusters of enemy ships (players or non players).

PVE (peace server)

I'm a huge fan of AI aggression and am definitely looking forward to this

I am not a trader but I certainly do transport crafting materials across the open world in a Indiaman fleet so I know the dangers here, none the less, I think it is a good feature keeping the following thing in mind. 

It should be implemented carefully, in that I admit, it would be annoying to be tagged by a 10 Bellona AI fleet, if I were in a single Mercury or traders brig. I think an aggressive AI would be fun so as long as it doesn't mimic ganking. I had mentioned in another thread that the AI should be aggressive towards you if they are +/- 100 maybe 200 of your battle rating. Otherwise, it could get obnoxious.

If I played on the PvP server (which I do not) I will admit, that I would not like this feature. 

Lastly, what about rotating wars? For example, in January Britain and the USA will be at war meaning that only the USA ships will be aggressive to Britain and vice versa. France vs the Dutch. Each nation has a rival for a month and only those AI ships will be aggressive towards human players. This would provide another type of admiralty mission. Sink x number of ships at war with your nation.

• Like 5