Game-Labs Forum

Economy update 2. Improved trading

1 minute ago, Hemp Amore said:

Whether you realize or not you’re comparing apples to oranges.   Navigation is not hard that’s not what the uproar is about.  This about deeper level nav than rudimentary point to point sailing.   Anyone can start at MT draw at line to Nuevitas and get there by sailing that course.   However if I want to offset my course, come in at different angles, from different points of the ocean I cannot do so as reliably without being able to triangulate my position.  It’s more than just eyeballing a course and spotting landmarks.  This is professional level nav vs basic nav skills.  There is a difference.  

the way people navigate is a joke in the game. Using the distance to places to navigate was not used for 2 years of open sea sailing and people always figured out how to get places. Its really not that hard.

• Like 4

As I purposed earlier, give us some realistic tools to navigate, game will become much more immersive.

Protractor, laser accurate compass, no drift, no leeway is very arcadey.

Or You can go arcadey way, but better way. Give approximate position of ship, which is a big cirlcle, ship anywhere inside the circle. When visible land, accuracy increase, when a visible port, accuracy maximum. Ow no land visible circle becomes much bigger with time spent, gets smaller with sightings of land and ports. So you have navigators on the ship helping you navigate. Introduce drifts, leeway etc. (Realistic and historical approach)

Let us draw routes on map, save them for later use. Make the map sephia, exploring map, makes it colourful, when sailing in explored areas %1 more OW speed. 

Your logbook updates with you sailing around, prices of goods, clan mates also update your logbook prices. Ability to store routes in logbook, notes in logbook. (Realistic and historical)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

the way people navigate is a joke in the game. Using the distance to places to navigate was not used for 2 years of open sea sailing and people always figured out how to get places. Its really not that hard.

It’s not about just getting someplace.   Can you get to the middle of the Atlantic and know where you are at all times regardless of landmarks?   From what you’re posting I know the answer is no.  For you to get somewhere you need to find a landmark and set a new course.  I can find my new course in the middle of the ocean with no other references other than my course line and the distance between two ports.   That’s professional and proper nav.  There is a big difference than what you’re propsing.   You simply have no knowledge in the subject if that’s how you view it. 

Edited by Hemp Amore
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Or You can go arcadey way, but better way. Give approximate position of ship, which is a big cirlcle, ship anywhere inside the circle. When visible land, accuracy increase, when a visible port, accuracy maximum. Ow no land visible circle becomes much bigger with time spent, gets smaller with sightings of land and ports.

Pool of errors.  very common for underwater nav!

4 hours ago, admin said:

• Trader tool will most likely be removed as it gives too much information; turning search of good deals into modern electronic trading, destroying immersion and trading opportunities for those who want to occasionally stumble upon something special. It was always a qa tool to help developers find problems with prices and test changes in economy and pricing mechanisms.

Another quality of life feature eliminated from the game. 

Beware that... with too much "immersion", the game risks to sink (pun intended of course)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, victor said:

Another quality of life feature eliminated from the game. 

Beware that... with too much "immersion", the game risks to sink (pun intended of course)

I definitely won’t be immersed with this change quite the opposite.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, admin said:

Trading will be better and more exciting - as players do not know many things about forthcoming changes. Removal of the trader tool is like the doubloons for teleports. People complain without ANY understanding of the subject. 

This indicates, you are in fact releasing incomplete information. It is like announcing the removal of a ship from the game without also announcing it would be replaced with a similar different one and nobody would lose their ships. Is that really so hard to grasp?

3 hours ago, admin said:

removing the trader tool and adding new resources is not incomplete information; but facts. Its an advanced warning and is part of our communication - we give news (good and bad) as soon as we know that some facts will happen. If you dont like it - well go read naval action reddit or steam patch announcement. And please stop telling us how to talk on OUR forums.

If you take it as 'bad news' you perhaps should have less of an attitude about players reacting to such bad news. Maybe give your steam reviews a look, see how many mention issues with developers and think about how you respond to your paying customers in this forum, yours or not.  People here have legitimate concerns and here you are telling them, that they just don't know what they are talking about. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 5

Dead reckoning is extensively used but charts have their grids for time/distance calculation.

For example, ww2 pilots would plot courses and course changes prior to "setting sail" but could effectively plot course changes.

In NA map there would harm no one to be able to add course change points with added protractors, not only 1, but 3 should be enough.

In addition, Map should have some almanac notes. For example, by putting mouse over a port other than the one I am at, it should stat how many "days at sea" it will take to sail there, at a average OW speed.

So, 3 plotters, rough estimate of time, geographic horizon. And that's for the complicated fellows.

Without a doubt, i can put my hands on a brazier that most captains in NA sail by beeline from one port to the other more often than not.

Even when they sail to a conflict zone they know their rough estimated position and which bearing to take to return to friendly port in the area.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I feel your pain.

bang-head-on-wall.jpg

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Without a doubt, i can put my hands on a brazier that most captains in NA sail by beeline from one port to the other more often than not.

Straight line sailing by protractor has the problem of wind.  As it passes your bow, you're (effectively) stopped and if you're out of sight of land, you're hesitant to tack.  I think a lot of players have an issue with this.  Sure, if you're heading north from PM you know that Cuba is north and Haiti is NE...just tack up there till you find the gap.  But it would be great to plot your waypoints on your scaled chart and D.R. yourself that way.

I am all fine by removing trader tool and F11. But think we then should bould in a secretary that keep account of the goods and prices in ports we been in. And only update when we are in the port.

Regarding navigation. Well even at that time they had some help, witch I do think should be build in if we want a realistic NA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_chronometer

• Like 2

After these final changes, elimination of the trader tool, astronomical prices in doubloons etc. 90% will play with requins, hercules and other vessels that do not ask for doubloons, both with PvE and PvP. And not because of fear, but because we can not bear to lose day after day boats of 9000, 5000, 4200 or 3600 doubloons as is the case of the Constitution. They cut revenue to players by not having information on commercial ports, resources and merchandise prices, lowering their profits to the point that many will abandon this activity. We'll see what ships will lead to port battles. With these measures we will show that every time we can do less things in the game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Draymoor said:

If you take it as 'bad news' you perhaps should have less of an attitude about players reacting to such bad news. Maybe give your steam reviews a look, see how many mention issues with developers and think about how you respond to your paying customers in this forum, yours or not.  People here have legitimate concerns and here you are telling them, that they just don't know what they are talking about. 

I do not think you understand our words properly. Because when we said bad news - we deliver the bad news. This topic is in the news and developer announcements. Thus its news. Its bad news we know it. Removing the trader tool is bad news for some. Great news for others. Our comment was on your statement on our communications - but we will communicate with the community the way we see fit.. And if something is going to happen (if its bad news) we will disclose it as soon is we know it - we are not going to sugar coat anything or do any other AAA bullshit. AND are not going to change it just because you dont like it. 

Trader tool will be removed. Trading will get better as a result. Thats what we wanted to say. Its complete information at this stage but you cant know everything what's going to happen with trading, so i would suggest you should reserve judgement. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Trader tool will be removed. Trading will get better as a result. Thats what we wanted to say. Its complete information at this stage but you cant know everything what's going to happen with trading, so i would suggest you should reserve judgement.  

Mind open, sure you guys will come up with something I could plan trading with....we just need something so we can formulate a plan...#noluck

In case it wasn't noticed, ports now buy your ships you put on sale after several days go by and no one buys it.  This is new and could add a new revenue source.  It adds more ships for sale also, so more pvp or participation in events.   The question is what is the maximum price the port will pay for my ship?  I sold 5 trader brigs for 3k each so far to the port after 4 or 5 days went by.  Could this be a major cash generator, crafting advancer, ship supplier?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

There's always a chance the Admiralty will buy your ship from the auctions. Been around for a long time. It is rare but happens. :) 

That actually recently happened to me.  It was purchased by the port instead of a player.

9 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

There's always a chance the Admiralty will buy your ship from the auctions. Been around for a long time. It is rare but happens. :) 

OK, don't remember a port ever buying my ship, but maybe 3k is too cheap now, idk.  Isn't this a good way to promote crafting, AI capturing, ship market, economic diversity...lol

Edited by SS Minnow
  • Like 1

Yeah it is bloody rare :) but may happen.

Thing is a good salesman, that offers a good quality for a competitive price will sell his crations like hot cakes.

Majority of salesmen tries to sell ships like they are made of el dorado gold... ridiculous.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

You will learn it and imo it gives the community and traders something to internally to work on. After a week or two you will have it all figured out. I get it that its an inconvenience but In all fairness I also though the tool was crazy. Even elite dangerous didn't have a tool like that when I played. Could have now. 

are you implying that without the trader tool or the na.map-netlify page you know which port buys the Jutland Amber for the highest price? You got 15 mins to convince me

2 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Dead reckoning is extensively used but charts have their grids for time/distance calculation.

For example, ww2 pilots would plot courses and course changes prior to "setting sail" but could effectively plot course changes.

In NA map there would harm no one to be able to add course change points with added protractors, not only 1, but 3 should be enough.

In addition, Map should have some almanac notes. For example, by putting mouse over a port other than the one I am at, it should stat how many "days at sea" it will take to sail there, at a average OW speed.

So, 3 plotters, rough estimate of time, geographic horizon. And that's for the complicated fellows.

Even when they sail to a conflict zone they know their rough estimated position and which bearing to take to return to friendly port in the area.

I really don't see folks bitching about the removal of F11, it's more they lack of the actual tools you just mention here.  They need to bring back cords and grids on the map to allow folks to navigate and make changes to there course.  No one has really asked for a GPS dot on the map, with cords and grid you still got to look at the map and figure out where your at and navigate there.  F11 is rarely used in gank fleets any way.....casue all you have ot say is, "I"m getting ganked in fron to such and such port." and more folks will know where your at.  

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I wonder what those grids and coordinate systems could possibly have been used for?  🤔

Yah love how all these maps have cords and such but we don't have them.....great age of sailing game we have here.

• Like 3