Game-Labs Forum

Economy update 2. Improved trading

On 12/6/2018 at 4:29 AM, Medniy Sandal said:

I will support players in that question that determination of the coordinates in the sea is necessary. The captain the route and to correct it in process the ordinary blockhead which is not able to lay. Which would not be allowed even to the small sloop-of-war.
Personally to me, the card with coordinates which was in a game earlier was pleasant. On it it was possible to understand the location in the high sea. There was not enough sextant and the mechanism of definition of the ship in the sea by the sun or to stars. Introduction of such mechanism would allow to define arrangement of the ship in the high sea in certain time of day. What would help the captain at maneuvers with the sea, we will allow at a head wind. (Sorry, google translate)

If to remove the current trade tool, then it is necessary new mechanics of definition of the ship in the sea. We it seems as captains, virtual...

I still never understood why the grids was removed from the map. I get the cries about the long/lag cords (it doesn't have to be pin point) but it was never GPS and most of us used third party stuff any way to find our location so all it did was hurt the new players and casuals.  Grinds need to be returned and location just doesn't have to be pen point accurate.  It can be a very rough (drop digits off the end) cords.

2 hours ago, Aquillas said:

When entering a friendly port, it is no more possible with the new interface, to know what can be produced there without opening an outpost.

This was not the case with previous interface. And with the future disparition of the trader tool, there will no more be any way to know and to plan where to place buildings, forests, plantations and so on.

A new difficulty for players, with no compensation in terms of fun or of immersion: exploring the map is useless by now, because you enter in the city and get no information on it.

They should bring back how it was on the map. I click on a port on the map and it will tell me what can be built there and the major resources of that port.   

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I still never understood why the grids was removed from the map.

Gridded map and trader tool and protractor worked very well for navigation, even in storms.  Apparently it worked too well for the devs who would seem to prefer that people get lost all the time and stumble into enemies more often as a result.   I wouldn't be shocked to see the protractor disappear next.

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

still never understood why the grids was removed from the map.

I understand that grids on the ingame map  is considered to promote ganking.    Removing the grids was an effort to reduce ganking.

Perhaps when F11 is removed the Devs will add the grids back to the in-game map.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macjimm said:

I understand that grids on the ingame map  is considered to promote ganking.    Removing the grids was an effort to reduce ganking.

Perhaps when F11 is removed the Devs will add the grids back to the in-game map.

You know what I hear most the time when we don reverse gank or green zone ganks, "Every on pill into the battle out side."  You hardly hear cords unless it's to list where a Epic is or something like that.  You still have to figure out your location and if you give a very rough cords it's not exact location.  Grids all does is give you something they had at the time to figure out a location you want to try to find, it doesn't promise you will find it, you still have to figure out how to get there. 

• Like 1

Question regarding Trade Goods:

@admin

Have you guys changed the availability of certain profitable goods?

It appears to me that goods such as Historical Artifacts, Malabar Teak, Spanish/French Gold Coins, Black Ironwood, Textile Machinery are very difficult to come by in the ports where they usually spawn. I have established OP in the ports that were known to produce these goods, ports that are usually not very popular where other players really don't visit en masse, and still the goods are nowhere to be had. I assume if a good is listed in the Trade Tool, it means it's still present in game.

Are these goods now only found on Traders?

Would it be possible to provide a list (or direct me to a post that has a list) of the Trade goods changes, such as what is spawned in ports and what is only available in ships?

Thank you,

2 minutes ago, AngryPanCake said:

Question regarding Trade Goods:

@admin

Have you guys changed the availability of certain profitable goods?

It appears to me that goods such as Historical Artifacts, Malabar Teak, Spanish/French Gold Coins, Black Ironwood, Textile Machinery are very difficult to come by in the ports where they usually spawn. I have established OP in the ports that were known to produce these goods, ports that are usually not very popular where other players really don't visit en masse, and still the goods are nowhere to be had. I assume if a good is listed in the Trade Tool, it means it's still present in game.

Are these goods now only found on Traders?

Would it be possible to provide a list (or direct me to a post that has a list) of the Trade goods changes, such as what is spawned in ports and what is only available in ships?

Thank you,

Mate now there is no regular drop of resources. All drops randomly. This make us move to other ports due to lackness of profitable goods.

And there is a list of the conversion of the goods, and for now you can see their price in the trader tool.

Edited by SirAlatriste

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, Captain Woodpecker said:

If you also remove F11 then the poor captain has to sail blindly until he finds a port. Many will just log off and never come back...

Yes and its realistic, no GPS no f11, I would like a sextant though, its not like ship captains were blind.... we do need navigation in this game, the protractor does work well though, if you are exact with it anyway and as it sits I have to take notes to remember sometimes where I left off in order to be efficient at finding my way back if I sgn off for a few days. I use my watch and measure how far I have travelled to keep track on my approximate whereabouts. I am usually no very far off!

Edited by LIONOFWALES

@ this stage i am disguisted bye the state of the trading sience last past of last week (end december 2018) , trade goods have become to few, long searches real long searches, real long sails, not that i mind a long sail, but now, its going out of balance...

I myselve always was a trade junky, and will remain so, there is no place on the map i havent vistited, i been evry location, multiple times over the years can not count no more.

but its not only with trade goods it seems it seems also be with the normal goods, becoming a issue, what brings ship building in danger so all who love to fight, but dont want to do economics, this is really a dangerous game atm u play admin, the trader tool, should be kept, maybe little bit streamlined again...

few days ago i checked the entire gulf of mexico i found in evry port i visited (and i whend the whole stretch) only 800 provisions, 1200 life oak, 400 fir and thats it.... there is no activity down there, or not a lot, normaly the ports deliver well, it always have been.... the 3000 hours i play this game... and the first time ever, this is what i got out of the entire gulf???? ARE U CRAZY ADMIN???? sorry to ask but.... this is not going to bring people to sail more, rather to quit naval action forgood....

and i know because if a new whipe comes like the state its in right now, i predict meany problems, u bairly have 300 people on max these days, mostly 180-200 people on...what a joke compared to what it was before... think verry carefull how your next steps will be, because it decides the living or dying off, of this game...

wel, to end with a litlle positive note, i like the sixstand , nice add on.

regards Mercator. btw, look up what mercator means in latin... = merchantman...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Acid burn said:

@ this stage i am disguisted bye the state of the trading sience last past of last week (end december 2018) , trade goods have become to few, long searches real long searches, real long sails, not that i mind a long sail, but now, its going out of balance...

I myselve always was a trade junky, and will remain so, there is no place on the map i havent vistited, i been evry location, multiple times over the years can not count no more.

but its not only with trade goods it seems it seems also be with the normal goods, becoming a issue, what brings ship building in danger so all who love to fight, but dont want to do economics, this is really a dangerous game atm u play admin, the trader tool, should be kept, maybe little bit streamlined again...

few days ago i checked the entire gulf of mexico i found in evry port i visited (and i whend the whole stretch) only 800 provisions, 1200 life oak, 400 fir and thats it.... there is no activity down there, or not a lot, normaly the ports deliver well, it always have been.... the 3000 hours i play this game... and the first time ever, this is what i got out of the entire gulf???? ARE U CRAZY ADMIN???? sorry to ask but.... this is not going to bring people to sail more, rather to quit naval action forgood....

and i know because if a new whipe comes like the state its in right now, i predict meany problems, u bairly have 300 people on max these days, mostly 180-200 people on...what a joke compared to what it was before... think verry carefull how your next steps will be, because it decides the living or dying off, of this game...

wel, to end with a litlle positive note, i like the sixstand , nice add on.

regards Mercator. btw, look up what mercator means in latin... = merchantman...

On a positive note, trading will get some love in the very next patch it seems, if will bring good things or not we will have to see. 

10 hours ago, Draymoor said:

On a positive note, trading will get some love in the very next patch it seems, if will bring good things or not we will have to see. 

i trully hope so draymoor, i really really hope and they may not way to long because oterwise resuply become problematic.

Just now, Acid burn said:

i trully hope so draymoor, i really really hope and they may not way to long because oterwise resuply become problematic.

and to add, it would destroy my intrest in the game if they dont revert to anything more rewarding (and soon!!) and challenging for ones who love to trade like i do and im not alone, otherwise i think, i will think i will set the game aside once more again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 3:05 PM, AeRoTR said:

Now that is interesting, I can not think this game without trader tool :)

That means you will introduce captain's logbook, getting updated when visiting ports, auto update from clan mates visiting ports, buying information around. Creating trade, fighting routes with additional informations, in our log books, even plotting routes etc. 

Planty of games doing this for last 30ish years starting with Sid Meir's original Pirates etc.

Whoa who whoa... what year is this?

Is this my childhood when games were actually made with detail and quality... oh wait! Nope..

They will remove the trade tool and leave us high and dry. As all games today, they leave half the work to us, the free employees.

• Like 1