Game-Labs Forum

Economy update 2. Improved trading

3 minutes ago, Captain Woodpecker said:

Imagine the situation: no trader tool, no 'tow to port' and you get lost in a storm or lost in the middle of nowhere.... If you also remove F11 then the poor captain has to sail blindly until he finds a port. Many will just log off and never come back...

Maybe port search with distances will remain?

2 minutes ago, vazco said:

Just look here:
http://www.navalactioncraft.com/

If this guy was that much interested in crafting and economy to create a great feature, I bet others will as well. I guess API may need some new methods though, eg to pull contracts created by players. Probably also navalactioncraft would have to be updated to be useful, as it seems to show prices incorrectly now.

If you notice this site hasn't exactly kept up with game changes.

I don't think he's been playing for some time.  If he is still active he is free to chime in. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Woodpecker said:

Imagine the situation: no trader tool, no 'tow to port' and you get lost in a storm or lost in the middle of nowhere.... If you also remove F11 then the poor captain has to sail blindly until he finds a port. Many will just log off and never come back...

Imagine it?   I remember the first time it happened fondly...

It was actually the first moment I was actually emotionally interested in the game.

It was scary.  And exciting.  And forced me to make a decision.  I looked at the map and figured I could never go wrong going West.

I knew the game was for me at that point.  No "get out of jail free" cards.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, John Jacob Astor said:

If you notice this site hasn't exactly kept up with game changes.

I don't think he's been playing for some time.  If he is still active he is free to chime in. 

Yes, @thewuif has been awol a long time. He might get back to it, who knows?

1 minute ago, Captain Woodpecker said:

2 days ago one of my clanmates needed some Iron Ore at Nassau. He asked me if I can get it for him (I owed him a favour). Using the trader tool I found that the nearest port where Iron Ore was in stock was Key West. Without the trader tool what would I do? Sail around until I find some...? And get ganked while doing so...

Most clans store stuff they need.

46 minutes ago, admin said:

api will contain same prices information but it won't be in game (but on community managed resources). Which is a lot better for us. We cannot improve the trader tool and do not want to have an unfinshed feature in a final game. And i personally believe that electronic trading and knowing prices for goods 1000 miles away is against the age of sail setting. 

could you please then give us some kind of logbook where we can mouseover a port and note prices of different goods as we are checking it in the ports?

1 hour ago, admin said:

Final part of the economy update will be deployed before the end of the year. 

• Approximately 50+ new goods will be added for trading

We have 100 trading resources now. Are they all profitable for trading?

There are group of most profitable good that generate income (from one indiaman) more than 300k. Dont forget about taxes. They decresed income to 200k.

We also have trading resources that generate income less than 30k from one indiaman. Who want to spend time to get income 30k?

And you going to add more trading resources.

• Like 10

@admin

Please do not remove the trader tool!   If you want to upgrade trading great, but that tool is used for far more than pricing!!!  NAVIGATION, TIME KEEPING AND DED-RECKONING!!!   

If you remove the tool we have no way to navigate via ded-reckoning because there are no latitude in game to calculate position like in real life!   This allows you to do course changes at sea and many other things for nav.  

In addition it’s useful for profit calculations and more.  

There is ZERO NEED FOR THIS GAME TO GET THAT HARDCORE AND YOURE GOING TO REMOVE A NECCESITY!!!  

Can we get some perspective please. 

Edited by Hemp Amore
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, admin said:
  • Trader tool will most likely be removed as it gives too much information; turning search of good deals into modern electronic trading, destroying immersion and trading opportunities for those who want to occasionally stumble upon something special. It was always a qa tool to help developers find problems with prices and test changes in economy and pricing mechanisms.

The main rule of trade is the purchase of resources in the port that produces them and sell them in the port that consumes them. And this information is not in the trader tools.

• Like 1

In order to enjoy a game you need some data on the economy so you can develop a trade plan and execute it.  Same goes for ship design, what to loot, ect.  You extract the most fun and satisfaction when you do the planning based on data and execute the plan and obtain the reward.   Random chance and luck don't give same satisfaction.  So we need data!

Somethng like this (BTW pood prices were never fixed...lol):

Shops1.pdf

Poods1.pdf

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, qw569 said:

And this information is not in the trader tools.

O_o

она там есть. галка на А - available (drop), галка на C - consumption.
правда игра ставит до кучи A, если в порту просто много этого товара, не обязательно drop

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

exactly this kind of attitude 

There was an interview with the devs in 2015, I think, where this attitude or design ideal was described. It's not a new thing. For better or worse; the devs have never been about handholding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I like you Vernon, but it’s exactly this kind of attitude that’s led us to 100 players in our prime time.

If the tools that help out new and casual players ruin your immersion, just don’t use them.

I like you too, Wraith...  and I'm sure you realize that when I say stuff like this, its merely to point out that not EVERYONE has the same reaction to changes in the game.

I could just as easily claim that its the switch to clan-focused RvR that has the numbers dwindling.

The fact is, we're ALWAYS gonna have multiple camps claiming that its the other one that is wrong.

I refuse to play that game anymore.

The devs will create the game they want.  We will decide whether or not its fun for us.

Some will stay.  Some will leave.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, admin said:

api will contain same prices information but it won't be in game (but on community managed resources). Which is a lot better for us. We cannot improve the trader tool and do not want to have an unfinshed feature in a final game. And i personally believe that electronic trading and knowing prices for goods 1000 miles away is against the age of sail setting. 

you believe that traders in the age of sail just set off blindly to a port a 1000 miles away not knowing what was available to buy there and what the cost was ... ????  ,,, they had agents in ports that bought and sold goods they had contracts  .. they knew exactly what price of goods were

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

you believe that traders in the age of sail just set off blindly to a port a 1000 miles away not knowing what was available to buy there and what the cost was ... ????  ,,, they had agents in ports that bought and sold goods they had contracts  .. they knew exactly what price of goods were

Thats only partially true.

They most likely only knew what the prices were in the MAJOR ports in the Caribbean (of which there were very few).

90% of the ports we have in game were small, backwater villages with probably not more that 100 people in them.

Prices would have fluctuated wildly.

In fact, you probably couldnt have even found buyers in most ports... Which is why its silly to have giant square forts defending them all...

But that's a discussion for another time...

46 minutes ago, Wyy said:

could you please then give us some kind of logbook where we can mouseover a port and note prices of different goods as we are checking it in the ports?

No, it ruins immersion

38 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

There is ZERO NEED FOR THIS GAME TO GET THAT HARDCORE AND YOURE GOING TO REMOVE A NECCESITY!!!  

If the game gets even more hardcore it will be even more fun, when you have done a really good deal with random goods you will feel really good, trust me.

This encourage people to discover new ways of trading and re-discovers dead areas of the map.

• Like 4

On 9/13/2017 at 4:45 PM, admin said:

there is no mistake with trader tool. trader tool is a dev tool which got into a game for testing but players loved it and asked to keep it. We have no plans to improve it at this stage as there are other priorities.. 

Above is the statement from last year.

We are getting closer and closer to the release dates 
(localization translators start working next monday as code have been moved to support multiple languages. Trading will be better and more exciting - as players do not know many things about forthcoming changes. Removal of the trader tool is like the doubloons for teleports. People complain without ANY understanding of the subject. 

Edited by admin
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Trashumi Cubanwara said:

If the game gets even more hardcore it will be even more fun, when you have done a really good deal with random goods you will feel really good, trust me.

This encourage people to discover new ways of trading and re-discovers dead areas of the map.

That opinion has no basis in reality.  No.   That has no relationship to the trader tool. Nobody is going to explore anything sailing and spending time for a chance of finding a trade route.  That is just rediculous thinking.  Trade needs to be guaranteed and sorry bud they didn’t just sail ships to ports and hope there were good there to make a profit.  You don’t send 60+ crew and a ship to ports unknown and hope you make some money.  Quite the opposite you know what you’re trading, how much revenue and profit or you don’t sail.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, admin said:

Above is the statement from last year.

We are getting closer and closer to the release dates 
(localization translators start working next monday as code have been moved to support multiple languages. Trading will be better and more exciting - as players do not know many things about forthcoming changes. Removal of the trader tool is like the doubloons for teleports. People complain without ANY understanding of the subject. 

I have great understanding of the subject.  Are you removing distances from cities or simply pricing.  Can you better explain? 

• Like 1

Just now, Hemp Amore said:

Nobody is going to explore anything

Well.
You cant make anything by sitting in port. + you have zero information about how trading will work. 
Which makes your complaints look like fake twitter outrage :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

That opinion has no basis in reality.  No.   That has no relationship to the trader tool. Nobody is going to explore anything sailing and spending time for a chance of finding a trade route.  That is just rediculous thinking. 

We used to to that. Even I did that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hemp Amore said:

That has no relationship to the trader tool. 

Like I said in the other quote, It ruins my immersion and make the game less exciting IMO

FYI: you have external "apps" for this, made by the community so stop acting like that

3 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

Nobody is going to explore anything sailing and spending time for a chance of finding a trade route.  That is just rediculous thinking.

So you are denying people its onw playstyle?

• Like 2