Game-Labs Forum

Deep waters PBs since last wipe

38 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

In all the weekend and today monday none. Maga who is going to risk a ship of 9000 doubloons or a bellona of 4180? This is what they call encouraging PvP.

PvP has continued to climb, but not due to PBs. Most the zone and capitals. Occasionally, a PB will have good PvP screening fleets. I think the hostility grind is what holds back the PB count.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

get rid of the damn hostility missionsĀ 

I don't think hostility is a problem at all, the key is you need a fleet big enough to do it efficiently, most ports can be flipped in 3-6 battles if you have 6-10 1st rates doing the hostility.Ā  I view it as an important ticket to entry to the PB, it means the clan that did the flip is worthy to enter and try sacking the port... People aren't doing large PB because of the potential losses involved, you need to really want that port and have a need to take it now otherwise you risk losing massive amounts of doubloons and ships, so until people get richer on the doubloons and can more easily replace losses you wont see clans have quite as big a stomach for large PBs at this time.Ā  Plus we have a wipe coming down the line so that is also suppressing activity.Ā  There is an apathy among some because of it and a feeling of why bother/doesn't matter.Ā Ā 

Edited by Hemp Amore

4 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

It's gonna be a long 9-12 months if people keep scaring off players by using the "w"-word all the time.Ā 

That ship has sailed, cat's out of the bag, past the event horizon, insert your own phrase here....

"3-6 battles in 6-10 1st rates"Ā  - With this math you need either around 8 players grinding the whole night/evening or around 24 if they doing it in shifts - Even before the patch the hostility grinding was a chore and no fun. Tried it once with our clan and only because one dedicated player who insta-boarded the AIs the whole night we got our port battle. And he even could'nt participate because of lack of sleep.

10 players can flip anything but the highest BR (8k+) ports in 4 missions max. 1 mission takes about 30 minutes if you go at it with a bit of thoughtfullness. The deep water ports that are around 2.5k BR are 2 missions for ten people.Ā Hardly a whole evening. Especially if you consider that people can just leave the mission and start a new one in parallel giving you more ships to sink in total. The BR isn't a problem in hostility.

What is a problem isĀ  people being discouraged by the whole "wipe incoming" yammering.

1. The wipe is probably a few months away still.
  2. The wipe has absolutely NO effect on the quality of content you can have right now. If you don't play now you only lose playtime and gain nothing.
  3. So many people whining about having to work their way up again after said wipe. It's a GAME. If it feels like work, you are doing it wrong!

So let your hair down, mates and enjoy playing. It's no use to desperately hang on to a few shiny bits and bytes. ;)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

10 players can flip anything but the highest BR (8k+) ports in 4 missions max. 1 mission takes about 30 minutes if you go at it with a bit of thoughtfullness. The deep water ports that are around 2.5k BR are 2 missions for ten people.Ā Hardly a whole evening. Especially if you consider that people can just leave the mission and start a new one in parallel giving you more ships to sink in total. The BR isn't a problem in hostility.

What is a problem isĀ  peopļ»æle being discouraged by the whole "wipe incoming" yammering.

1. The wipe is probably a few months away still.
  2. The wipe has absolutely NO effect on the quality of content you can have right now. If you don't play now you only lose playtime and gain nothing.
  3. So many people whining about having to work their way up again after said wipe. It's a GAME. If it feels like work, you are doing it wrong!

So let your hair down, mates and enjoy playing. It's no use to desperately hang on to a few shiny bits and bytes. ;)

We have troubles motivating 10 people to do PvE for 1-2 hrs depending on how far away a port is especially becuase it is allways very uncertain we will be able to fill the port battle the next day or even get in.Ā 

I totally agree with what you said. Just becuase you might loose some ships in a few monthtime there is no reason not to play. Also what better time to use ships than when they will lost anyway at some point in the near future.

All in all I agree with redii tho. The PvE+ low numbers are more of a problem than shipcost for most who used to do a lot of RvR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

We have troubles motivating 10 people to do PvE for 1-2 hrs depending on how far away a port is especially becuase it is allways very uncertain we will be able to fill the port battle the next day or even get in.Ā 

Ticket for entry, only a clan worthy of the PB can flip and fill it, in addition you need to make some friends in your nation so you don't have to rely solely on your clan for everything.Ā  5X, VCO, and our clan readily fill in for each other there are no issues and that's what makes RVR a national thing and not a clan thing.Ā  We work together to achieve our goals....

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

I totally agree with what you said. Just becuase you might loose some ships in a few monthtime there is no reason not to play. Also what better time to use ships than when they will lost anyway at some point in the near future.ļ»æ

Ā 

Not everyone is in agreement here on that issue, I know for a fact I've had to resell this game myself to people because of these upcoming wipes and changes, i.e. "Hey man you just have to think about the game differently now... it's about getting doubloons and reals now, not marks and pvp marks.."Ā  And not every ship gets lost, some you have for a few days, some you'll have your entire career... depends on what they're used for, skill factors, who you happen to encounter in that ship, battle conditions, the variables go on and on.Ā  I know for a fact there is a huge sentiment among a large portion of the pop that we are sick of wipes, you can't side step the issue.Ā  Pretending it isn't going to happen and doing your normal routines is also foolish.Ā  I'm not saving up 10 mil real to wake up for 0.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

All in all I agree with redii tho. The PvE+ low numbers are more of a problem than shipcost for most who used to do a lot of RvR.

Kind of, ships are cheaper for mats now imho/easier to collect, but the doubloons for the higher rated ships is still a little too steep if you want to see consistent RVR, at least for the next couple months... there are a few with massive amounts of doubloons, but my empircal experience (just asking others) most have between less than 1,000-40,000 doubloons so it's going to be a while before people will risk these ships, when it will take 1/3 of your gold chest to make 1 ship (which is cool), but I think the RNG should be 300-15,000 on every Tbrig captured, doubloon costs cut in half (50%!) so 5 doubloons for teleport for max rank, and 6500ish for build a 1st rate... with 4th-2nds costing a fair but moderate amount of doubloons (again just cut it in half and it will lubricate so much and relieve a lot of pressure from the game right now, but still make it a challenge.)Ā  Just my personal opinion as a player, clan creator, and fellow content producer :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

Ticket for eļ»æntļ»æļ»æry, ļ»æonly a clan worthy ļ»æof the PB ļ»æcan flip andļ»æ fill it,ļ»æ inļ»æ addition you need to make some friends in your nation so you don't have to rely solely on your clan for everything.Ā  5X, VCO, and our clan readilyļ»æ ļ»æfill in for each other there are no issues and that's what makes RVR a national thing and not a clan thing.Ā  We work together to achieve our goals....

It's not like we don't try to get others to help us or that we would not have the numbers ourselves BUT that many are just not willing to do it. By how you make it sound you are in a great spot for RvR. Why did you only flip a few shallow portsĀ than? There has to be reasons why you don't do it.Ā 

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

Not everyone is in agreement here on that issue, I know for a fact I've had to resell this game myself to people because of these upcoming wipes and changes, i.e. "Hey man you just have to think about the game differently now... it's about getting doubloons and reals now, not marks and pvp marks.."Ā  And not every ship gets lost, some you have for a few days, some you'll have your entire career... depends on what they're used fļ»æor, skill factors, who you haļ»æppen to encļ»æounter in that sļ»æhip, battle conditions, thļ»æe variables go ļ»æon and on.Ā  I know for a fact there is a huge sentiment among a large portion of the pop that we are sick of wipes, you can't side step the issue.Ā  Pretending it isn't going to happen and doing your ļ»ænormal routines is also foolish.Ā  I'm not saving up 10 mil real to wake up for 0.
ļ»æ

Yeah but you now have a stockpile of things so just use them. The "I will loose it anyway so no point in playing" mentality is common and I don't understand it. And yeah many don't like the idea of a wipe but it may be in 2 month it may be in 8 month so why worry about it too much before we know when it will happen. Besides, everyone knew what they got themselves into by playing a early access game.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

Kind of, ships are cheaper for mats now imho/easier to collect, but the doubloons for the higher rated ships is still a little tļ»æoo steep if you want to see consistent RVR, at least for the next couple months... there are a few with massive amounts of doubloons, but my empircal experience (just asking others) most have between less than 1,000-40,000 doubloons so it's going to be a while before people will risk these shiļ»æps, when it will take 1/3 of your gold chest to make 1 ship (which is cool), but I think the RNG should be 300-15,000 on every Tbrig captured, doubloon costs cut in half (50%!) so 5 doubloons for teleport for max rank, and 6500ish for build a 1st rate... with 4th-2nds costing a fair but moderate amount of doubloons (again juļ»æst cut it in half and it will lubricļ»æate so much and relieve a loļ»æt of pressure from the game right now, but still make it a challenge.)Ā  Just my personal opinion as a player, clan creator, and fellow content producer :)ļ»æ

In my opinion the prices are fine and so is the loot you get. I am someone who hates his live 5 minutes into killing AI so I very much like the drift awy from havng to girind PvE for ships. I didn't test it myself but I would guess it's a bit faster to get the doubs in PvP but it's a lot more risky so I am totaly ok with it. I very much dislike making doubs easiely acessible trough PvE while it being harder and riskyer in PvP. Good rewards in PvP lead to PvP.

ButĀ a reward/price discussion is pretty far off topic. so I'll stop here.Ā 

Ā 

Sacking of enemy ports should be also be option post victory ( at the disposal of the leading clan officers). PB not to occupy the port but to sack it of all valuables, burning of ships, stealing the warehouses etc.

That would give you immense rewards in immensely valuable ports.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, van der Decken said:

PvP has continued to climb, but not due to PBs. Most the zone and capitals. Occasionally, a PB will have good PvP screening fleets. I think the hostility grind is what holds back the PB count.

You are right with the issue of hostility missions, but to be honest, if people complained before that most of the captains did not leave the safe area, now with these doubloon prices, they really believe that it stimulates the most to do PvP?Ā There are many hours to get the necessary doubloons, Victory Marks. Why is almost all PvP with Le Requin or Hercules? Make ships cheaper and you will see how there are more PvP and RvR. Greetings!!

• Like 1

RVR is nearly dead.Ā 

I don't think that the hosti. missions are the problem. Hostility missions were there before the wipe and didn't realy change with the wipe.

The main problem is the huge amount of dublons that are needed to replace a ship of the line and the low income of dublons if you're killed during a portbattle. I think if there would be also a exchange rate form Victory Marks to Dublons the Player Base will grow again and the numbers of battles with ships of the line will also increase.

Dublons are needed for many many things in NA, but u have to work a lot to earn enough to replace ship and upgrades.

I don't think that DLC-ships are the Problem, 5 rates aren't very expensiv, and a lot of them are now in open world.

But except of shallow water PB's ships of the line are the most needed vessels in RVR. Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, HamBlower said:

Victory Marks to Dublons

hmmm interesting and fair - and changes Conquest into a driving force. ( i still smell the smoke of a zerg fire though )

So, allow me the idea of no continuous award of daily victory bound but in a per captain per battle. Meaning you win Vics only if you consistently participate in RvR ( not sitting in old glories because they are awarded all the time )

Say we could exchange Vics for Dubs, at a rate. A Lordship rate.

Vics would cease to be awarded daily BUTĀ awarded in a per captain per PB basis - 1 for winning ( if there wasĀ  at least a 1:2 ratio of enemies to fight), 1 for each 50% dmg done in battle ( so everyone can win them ) - so any captain in the PB would at least get 1, and possible even more.

Would this work or is it better to have them freely given away ? aka. doing a few fast grabs and then just sit and cash in without even playing more.

Ā 

Ā 

57 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Say we could exchange Vics for Dubs, at a rate. A Lordship rate.

Ā 

No Zerg thinking.Ā 

Maybe the reward-policy in VM has to be changed that sitting in "old glories" is more useless. It's possible to change dublons to VM, why not in the other direction. Maybe with a "tax" or something, but loosing a 1stRate in a PB means, loosing more than a 10.000 dubs. (ship & upgrades). A average PB means around 1,5 - 2 hours playing time. I think only 50-to 60% of the killed ships can be looted during PB so the reward is often only the VM for the winning nation.

I talked to some RVR Players in the last days, why nearly noone prepares portbattles. Most of them are busy in farming enough dublons to be able replacing ships of the line.

The weight of dublons increases 5rates in open world (which is a good trend), but inhibts big battels around RVR Ā  Ā Ā 

3 minutes ago, HamBlower said:

I talked to some RVR Players in the last days, why nearly noone prepares portbattles. Most of them are busy in farming enough dublons to be able replacing ships of the line.

Of course. No sane player of a wargame goes to war without a reserve ( especially when dealing with logistics ).

I like your proposal, The only think i don't like is VM being given everyday for doing nothing but 1 PB months ago :)Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hemp Amore said:

I don't think hostility is a problem at all, the key is you need a fleet big enough to do it efficiently, most ports can be flipped in 3-6 battles if you have 6-10 1st rates doing the hostility.Ā  I view it as an important ticket to entry to the PB, it means the clan that did the flip is worthy to enter and try sacking the port... People aren't doing large PB because of the potential losses involved, you need to really want that port and have a need to take it now otherwise you risk losing massive amounts of doubloons and ships, so until people get richer on the doubloons and can more easily replace losses you wont see clans have quite as big a stomach for large PBs at this time.Ā  Plus we have a wipe coming down the line so that is also suppressing activity.Ā  There is an apathy among some because of it and a feeling of why bother/doesn't matter.Ā Ā 

There's no one reason. Make the ships cheaper, yeah you might find a few more PBs. But I think the pricesĀ are fine now. 1st rates should be earned and a privilege to sail. 5th rates on the other hand....

It's not really risk that prevents RvR from happening. Every experienced RvR-clan that is still active by now has a huge reserve of Doubloons built up and are well used to taking risks.Ā 

The problem, as others have pointed out is the lack of rewards. There is no upside to doing RvR at the moment. Every moment spent RvR-ing is a moment wasted where you could have been grinding AI in the reinforcement zone to get doubloons, or maybe logged off to read a book or watch a movie.

Add to that the likelihood that all your efforts in RvR could turn to naught because of ridiculously easy defensive screening. It's just not worth the bother even for those of us who live and breathe RvR.

7 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

The only think i don't like is VM being given everyday for doing nothing but 1 PB

2 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Vics would cease to be awarded daily

Victory MarksĀ aren't awarded daily...

Ā 

2 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

1 for each 50% dmg done in battle ( so everyone can win them )

The reason why we can't have nice /things like that is the battle at Cap Francais between SORRY and France.

It's infinitely exploitable.Ā 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HamBlower said:

The main problem is the huge amount of dublons that are needed to replace a ship of the line and the low income of dublons if you're killed during a portbattle. I think if there would be also a exchange rate form Victory Marks to Dublons the Player Base will grow again and the numbers of battles with ships of the line will also increase.

There are more ports that require ships smaller than 1st rate than ports that require 1st rates. Why are these ports not being contested? The reward for winning a PB should be capturing/keeping the port. If a doubloon reward is more important than the port itself, then we have bigger problems in the game and should be focusing our negative energy elsewhereĀ šŸ˜ƒ

Ā