Game-Labs Forum

DLC crafting points (not ships)

NA player first impression is : "I'd love sailing large ships and attend epicall battles !"

• DLC is supposed to ease peeps that do not have time to craft, as long as they can/want afford it.
  • Ship notes are supposed to ease these peeps too but it requires more gameplay time to afford notes.
  • Ship Crafting is extremely time-consuming and is praticable mostly by groups of players that share time, or by player who can spend hours in NA. 

These are currently implemented choices for different players profiles such as newbies, independants, casuals and clans to get new ships.

How about forgetting ship DLC's and sell only "crafting points DLC" that can only be converted into ship notes ?

Large choice of ship notes (rather classical ships), limited slots/woods for ships made by notes as "standard" ships while only crafted ships could be optimizable to "specialized" and expensive ships, some ships type being only craftable.

That way might please a large player base:

- Those who only need to see a +1000 player in post-release server. (Vets)

- The casual players that would be able to sail "descente ships" (no matter their skill).

- Clans/crafters that will build high quality ships to use or sell out.

- The independant players that could do their stuff as they want with any type of ships (standards or higher quality).

- Newbies that will mostly have to deal with "ranking" before enjoying larger ships.  

now, if an independant newby who loves crafting but is a casual player, comes...he will be the sacrificed minority !

16 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

What's the problem with "Redeemable" type of DLC?

btw waiting for 4th rate Ship DLC

Ye, I'd buy any ship they would offer.

I hope they don't offer 4th rates for the time being, it would cause too much noise.

I'd like to see how a 5th rate DLC ship with mediocre speed profile but capable fighting abilities would fare. Would it cause forum uproar like herc and req did and does? What if DLC 5th rate users couldn't hope to chase down crafted ships but were out in OW "providing content"? I know quite a few hate DLC ships on principle, but would a slower DLC ship do any harm?

The DLC ship popularity vs. the hate they get for (allegedly) ruining the economy is interesting. The chorus of that song is that eco is funked unless everyone is forced to participate. In NA everyone can freely choose if they want to participate in RvR, politics, PvP, PvE, OW hunting, big ships, small ships, and so on, or not. Sandboxers love and celebrate this type of freedom. When someone just wants to shoot at ships and opts to be excused from eco activities its suddenly *record scratch* and a stern "NO!".

Can you even claim that something works if it demands people being forced into it?

• Like 1

People already keep quitting, because NA is so time consuming and every lost ship has to be replaced. Love it or hate it, DLC ships as redeemables was one of the best additions to the game ( as long as we stick with the 2 small we have now ).

Let's imagine there are 30 available ship DLCs from say 7th to 5/4th Rates in Steam store. I mean ships with the same characteristics than those in-game (to put aside any debate about DLCs being OP or not). What would be the impact on in-game Economy ?

• PvE : because of the high Survivability, PvE-ers don't buy many ships. Thus, their using DLCs has almost no impact on Economy.
  • PvP because of the low Survivability, PvP-ers need a lots of ships to play. If each PvP-er uses his 30 DLC ships per day, the Economy = 0.

Thus, to protect in-game economy, the number of DLC ships usable to PvP each day must be limited. A player can buy 30 DLC ships. Each day, he can use them all to PvE but only "x" of them to PvP.

That way, casual gamers could PvE/PvP every day. And the implementation and financing of (a lot of) new ships could be done, without ruining the Economy.

IMHO, it is a compromise solution to please everybody, because I think the following model is very good :

On 11/26/2018 at 12:47 PM, Celtiberofrog said:
  • DLC is supposed to ease peeps that do not have time to craft, as long as they can/want afford it.
  • Ship notes are supposed to ease these peeps too but it requires more gameplay time to afford notes.
  • Ship Crafting is extremely time-consuming and is praticable mostly by groups of players that share time, or by player who can spend hours in NA. 

(As far as I am concerned, I am for 1000 ship DLCs usable every time, everywhere, from 7th to 1st Rates 🙂 )