Game-Labs Forum

Battle timer changes.

DaRho

@Ink @admin

Can You please post a link to a patch note that describes the change of battle timers? I'd like to learn more about it, but due to the way how You post info about changes to the game, it's difficult to find anything here. (a.k.a "ninja patches")

Discussed in this post:

7 hours ago, admin said:

most timers reverted to ea launch 2 mins. 

Tested the zone.

We (pirate) were tagged by Spanish in Spanish R ZONE. 

We (pirate) had 2 min.

Spanish stayed open permanently.

This is very silly.

If someone tags you in their zone it should be 2 mins for both sides imo.

It's their choice to tag you in their own zone.

Edited by Pirate Blackbeard
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Pirate Blackbeard said:

It's their choice to tag you in their own zone

It's your choice to sail into enemy RIZ. Do it and live with the consequences or leave it. Mechanics are clear. 

We could moan about people not leaving their zone, but that's a different topic. 

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Palatinose said:

It's your choice to sail into enemy RIZ.

Not always. Some nations have too many ports with too large zones. Can't sail from Mitara to Coro without passing through the Fort Zoutman zone or sail an hour longer. Same with the Danish zone that pretty much blocks passage north of St. Croix.  Or the Swedish zone which impedes passage past the Bovenwinds and to Phillipsburg. There are too many "conquerable ports" that are just fake features.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

It's your choice to sail into enemy RIZ. Do it and live with the consequences or leave it. Mechanics are clear. 

We could moan about people not leaving their zone, but that's a different topic. 

The R ZONE used in this way is a poor mechanic.

It was intended as a helping hand for new players not a comfort zone for rear admirals.

If YOU tag an enemy you should do so without fake helping mechanics.

• Like 1

Rzone used to be great place for PVP. I mean big, epic battles. 

R zone recently became a Gank zone to attack newbies. All started with DLC ships, now the devs trying hard to ease the harm. 

I guess they will make more changes to green zone. 

37 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Not always. Some nations have too many ports with too large zones. Can't sail from Mitara to Coro without passing through the Fort Zoutman zone or sail an hour longer. Same with the Danish zone that pretty much blocs passage north of St. Croix.  Or the Swedish zone which impedes passage past the Bovenwinds and to Phillipsburg. There are too many "conquerable ports" that are just fake features.

What are we discussing then? Battle timer or size of RIZs? Or location of capitals? If I go to the heart of the enemies territory, I must know about the danger. There is a somewhat controlled part on the map where everybody has the same join timers. If I don't like certain mechanics, I avoid areas where they apply. Or I start a fundamental discussion, but...

We can have the discussions about RIZ over and over again and finally state: there is too many opinions, and noone will be pleased completely. @Pirate Blackbeard

Hundreds of pages on this forum have been filled with the discussion on the RIZ matter. IMO at the moment RoE are fine (patrol areas' are NOT tho), I can finely play according to them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Its common knowledge that devs prefer players to find out certain mechanics by playing the game.   

In addition, admin has already stated that any patch notes will not be posted until the next large patch.  

Not giving patch notes is pure lazyness.

There is like no excuse to not give patch notes, especially since NA is still in early access.

Look at companies like Gaijin or Frontier. Every single change, and be it just a value changed by 1% is listed in their patch notes.

And GameLabs is like "We can't give you full patch notes because multitude of changes"

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Its common knowledge that devs prefer players to find out certain mechanics by playing the game.   

In addition, admin has already stated that any patch notes will not be posted until the next large patch.  

You mean the localization patch?  what does that have to do with actually posting hotfix info?  No wonder this game is dead again.   There should be a few guys working on localization but that shouldn't change the others working on fine tuning game mechanics and there is no reason other than being lazy to not post hot fix's of things they changed.   Funny how just about every game out there waits until after release to localizes there games, but this one stops every thing to go do it and than thinks it's good to make hot fix's and not inform the players?  No wonder it's so dead right now.

1 minute ago, Palatinose said:

What are we discussing then? Battle timer or size of RIZs? Or location of capitals? If I go to the heart of the enemies territory, I must know about the danger. There is a somewhat controlled part on the map where everybody has the same join timers. If I don't like certain mechanics, I avoid areas where they apply. Or I start a fundamental discussion, but...

We can have the discussions about RIZ over and over again and finally state: there is too many opinions, and noone will be pleased completely. @Pirate Blackbeard

Hundreds of pages on this forum have been filled with the discussion on the RIZ matter. IMO at the moment RoE are fine (patrol areas' are NOT tho), I can finely play according to them.

The problem is they only do things to help the gankers and not listen to what worked in the past and helps the newbs and casuals.  I play with these guys all the time so I give feed back they state why they aren't playing, but seems devs don't want to listen to the folks not playing cuase of broken system, but instead want to make more things to help those that are breaking the system.   Look who post and complains and who isn't around now?   I just flipped through the forums this morning and seen a few post from those that did the ganking can't find PvP.  The other thing is when you farm the crap out of the casusls they will come to have enough and leave.....so what will they do to keep these players and others, cause eventionally your going to run out of new players and be stuck with a bunch of the same crusty salty guys bitching about the same thing they caused with there own actions.  Hell I haven't even logged into this game in a week.  Been playing other games with clan mates and when I look at US TS I see others doing the same with another game too.  Every one is tired of the gank fest on our coast line and nothing being done about it.  Folks get burned out of being the ones getting killed over and over.

I remember in an interview recently Christ Robertson was asked why they will have 80% AI in there game,  he pretty much said this, "Cause when you make a game about PvP you have two types of players.  You have winners and loosers.   Most the time it's the same guys loosing over and over and that isn't fun and they stop playing.  So if you make the game mostly about the AI with some risk of PvP you have less chance of the same guys being killed over and over and leaving the game."  Until the devs understand this we won't every keep a big player base as we will constnatly loose the casuals/newbs/Sheep over and over until there is no one left to fight.  They need to do things to keep these players and stop thinking we want a PvE only server.  IF we wanted that than you would see all these players not playing going over ther.  They want all the elements of the game, jsut not being forced into it all the time.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You mean the localization patch?  what does that have to do with actually posting hotfix info?  No wonder this game is dead again.   There should be a few guys working on localization but that shouldn't change the others working on fine tuning game mechanics and there is no reason other than being lazy to not post hot fix's of things they changed.   Funny how just about every game out there waits until after release to localizes there games, but this one stops every thing to go do it and than thinks it's good to make hot fix's and not inform the players?  No wonder it's so dead right now.

The problem is they only do things to help the gankers and not listen to what worked in the past and helps the newbs and casuals.  I play with these guys all the time so I give feed back they state why they aren't playing, but seems devs don't want to listen to the folks not playing cuase of broken system, but instead want to make more things to help those that are breaking the system.   Look who post and complains and who isn't around now?   I just flipped through the forums this morning and seen a few post from those that did the ganking can't find PvP.  The other thing is when you farm the crap out of the casusls they will come to have enough and leave.....so what will they do to keep these players and others, cause eventionally your going to run out of new players and be stuck with a bunch of the same crusty salty guys bitching about the same thing they caused with there own actions.  Hell I haven't even logged into this game in a week.  Been playing other games with clan mates and when I look at US TS I see others doing the same with another game too.  Every one is tired of the gank fest on our coast line and nothing being done about it.  Folks get burned out of being the ones getting killed over and over.

I remember in an interview recently Christ Robertson was asked why they will have 80% AI in there game,  he pretty much said this, "Cause when you make a game about PvP you have two types of players.  You have winners and loosers.   Most the time it's the same guys loosing over and over and that isn't fun and they stop playing.  So if you make the game mostly about the AI with some risk of PvP you have less chance of the same guys being killed over and over and leaving the game."  Until the devs understand this we won't every keep a big player base as we will constnatly loose the casuals/newbs/Sheep over and over until there is no one left to fight.  They need to do things to keep these players and stop thinking we want a PvE only server.  IF we wanted that than you would see all these players not playing going over ther.  They want all the elements of the game, jsut not being forced into it all the time.

In my opinion Devs cleary understand this. Simply they want a game with just 500ish PVPers that are happy just killing each other in a half-empty world with just a couple of different thigs to do.

This way there will be no need for adding further content in the future: just a paid DLC (doubloons, premium ships, cosmetics?) every couple of months in order to gather the money to keep up the server and that's it.

So I think that Devs are not "lazy" or that they do not understand, rather that their business model for this game does not include any acutal content for casuals or non hardcore players. This is basically also the reason why- after last big patch - I stopped playing: patch after patch I realized that this game will never give any satisfactory content to players that are not hardcore PVPers.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, victor said:

In my opinion Devs cleary understand this. Simply they want a game with just 500ish PVPers that are happy just killing each other in a half-empty world with just a couple of different thigs to do.

This way there will be no need for adding further content in the future: just a paid DLC (doubloons, premium ships, cosmetics?) every couple of months in order to gather the money to keep up the server and that's it.

So I think that Devs are not "lazy" or that they do not understand, rather that their business model for this game does not include any acutal content for casuals or non hardcore players. This is basically also the reason why I stopped playing: Patch after patch I realized that this game will never give any satisfactory content to players that are not hardcore PVPers.

OH I get that and in  a perfect world that would be great, but this won't work as NA:L proves folks don 't want just PvP.  It seems they don't want players and most of those guys...>DON'T FIGHT EACH OTHER<    They prefer easy targets as they will sit right by each other and not start fights.  Than complain there is no PvP.  I say it all the time if you want a good fight than go put some agro on one of them important ports out there of a nation that is known to put up a good fight.  Last I checked RvR was PvP too.

I love this game even with how it is now, but I don't want to play a game that is only 300 guys. I want to see about 1K during EU prime time and maybe 500 in US prime, but your never going to have that if you only cater to the PvP hardcores who make up a small minority of the game pop.

I honestly think they plan to get a tons of players with the languages they are localizing (any one know which they are?)  that will make up for the difference.  Which means to me they don't care about there other player base, just those that are close to home it seems.   Hell than why not just call it RUSSIAN ACTION or EURO ACTION if that is all you want for your game?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

@Batman, they’ve openly stated that they prefer for people explore and find out the mechanics of the game....

Again, you may have philosophical differences with that development style.  But I don’t think it’s a “laziness” issue.  

Why are they posting the patch notes anyway? Double standar

20 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Rzone used to be great place for PVP. I mean big, epic battles. 

R zone recently became a Gank zone to attack newbies. All started with DLC ships, now the devs trying hard to ease the harm. 

I guess they will make more changes to green zone. 

We are not trying to ease the harm. There is no harm to ease. Reinforcement zones will undergo significant changes before release. DLC ships are working great and as intended, giving the players an option to avoid crafting or capturing. 

• Like 4