Game-Labs Forum

Port BR's reduction / RvR alliances

51 minutes ago, rediii said:

Personally I think dub concept is the way to go it just needs some adjustments. in:

- pvp rewards

- needed hostility to adjust to 3rd rate hostility

- 18 pound buff (this even buffs the agamemnon which would make it more usefull in pbs too)

Dude, you don't even play the game... I played all weekend and you were not online once. Keep your oppinion to yourself please. 

23 hours ago, Intrepido said:

That would be a nice first step, because in order to give a valid opinion about a system you should play it.

I don't like big ships. I sailed every single ship extensively during all this time of testing to be able to say which ones I like and not. And anything 64 gun or more is not my cup of tea at all. 

And yeah, there's small ships port battles for us peasants.

Carry on o7

I don't vouch for anything.

I look to the bills paid to build both a SOL and a corvette back in the day and give my opinion.

At the same time presented enough trade bills to show trade should be, by far FAR FAAAR, the most profitable activity.

But hey, it is a game, so not my loot is your loot if you kill me. Your loot is my loot if i ever dare to face your ship of the line. Wouldn't be the first or the last to fall to our unrated ships.

Anyway, we both have our distinct jobs and opinions on digital gaming leisure time. Appreciate them the best you can. o7

13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Last time, you and your gang began to run as soon as I entered the battle with a lineship.

You're right. We rove and run away a lot. Love the guerrilla warfare and hit and run. The same as you like your line battles. :) 

Anyway, gains from Conquest should pay off the enterprise of setting up a fleet to Conquer, i agree.

Henry Morgan had to "promise" a lot to his fleet when he advanced against Panama, right ? Well, it actually paid off no matter the risk.

We only have to rely on a hypothetical "magical" ingredient for modules or building woods OR major increase of trade to make it worthwhile.

Doesn't compare. The pay off is too shallow in comparison. So loss of your enemy is your gain, that's how I see it.

Start from this: not everyone wants to play nelson. Not everyone wants to play Medina Sidonia. Some just want to be Black Bart, Jack Aubreys. Some just want to be trade moguls of Salem.

In a arena game of "Trafalgar" i would totally be there. But the game I was eventually sold is a open world simulation of the age of sail, with its activities, risks and consequences.

As always, each pair of eyes sees things differently.

2 hours ago, rediii said:

I was online which means you are a filthy liar :P 

Bullshit! I was sailing around ruatan with a clan mate of yours killing spanish. There is no way you were online. There was a huge argument in global chat with 3 havoc players involved. Rediii was not there. 

Rvr is a meaningless boring ai grinding mechanic. There I said it. Remove port flipping and the stupid 3 circles that add nothing to it other than kiting. Force the 2 fleets to engage each other and win the battle by actual sinking. If there was any fun in rvr and port battles people would do them. Remove ai at least and force people to buy flags. I don't care if we have false flags. Use pvp marks as currency so people are less likely to waste them. I don't know but ai grinding needs to go.