Game-Labs Forum

Battle Join Timer related to Town distance

this new Battle Join Timer just screwed up my day..so..

Battles Join Timer need to adept to its place of origin !

...In front of a Town they should be short to prevent exploit and gank

...Far in open Sea they could last longer, so help or another ganker can join (you will argue about this )

I like the concept of the P-Zone, where after 10 min of fighting, the situation can always turn for or against you
I dislike the actual Timer mechanics, and like to find some good adjustments with your help

Maybe Join Timer can related to BR Size or Ratio.
Or some economic aspects like... you paid well taxes so your side get better Timer
Or for the other side you earned some intel(missions ?) on the area and get your faction some bonus on timer

any ideas on your mind ?

Just now, Capn Rocko said:

If you are sailing in a group in OW 3 minutes is plenty of time to find your teammates battle. If you argue no, then my response is that we shouldn't change game mechanics because you choose to sail too far apart from each other.

if someone is getting ganked 2 to 14 then why should the timer remain the same? Why not extend the timer to offer reinforcements to the side getting ganked in order to even out the fight and provide better content in the long run?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

if someone is getting ganked 2 to 14 then why should the timer remain the same? Why not extend the timer to offer reinforcements to the side getting ganked in order to even out the fight and provide better content in the long run?

should make the difference between Patrol RoE and regular OW

point of Patrol Zone is getting fun balanced fights - pleases the instant pvp action crowd

whereas the motto of an open world in general should be "gank and get ganked, deal with it"  - pleases the sandbox lover crowd

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Liq said:

should make the difference between Patrol RoE and regular OW

point of Patrol Zone is getting fun balanced fights - pleases the instant pvp action crowd

whereas the motto of an open world in general should be "gank and get ganked, deal with it"  - pleases the sandbox lover crowd

it really pleases nobody. It's more stockholm syndrome than anything that drives people to prefer ganking over normal fair battles.

4 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

it really pleases nobody. It's more stockholm syndrome than anything that drives people to prefer ganking over normal fair battles.

People prefer ganks becuase it makes them feel sucessfull when they don't sink and kill somoene else.

What I would like however is what Liq said about PvP zones. Make them more balanced with joining rules so people get balanced fights there. ATM they are still ganking heaven 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Pellew said:

People prefer ganks becuase it makes them feel sucessfull when they don't sink and kill somoene else.

What I would like however is what Liq said about PvP zones. Make them more balanced with joining rules so people get balanced fights there. ATM they are still ganking heaven 

We've been asking that since it Patrols were introduced. There's a whole thread and poll dedicated it with 97% approval for 1.5xbr ROE.
I think the devs want us to suffer through ganks.

4 hours ago, Mr Pellew said:

That's just not true for all. If I'm on the winning side and I know I had an unfair advantage, then I don't get the same joy out of it as if it was a fair battle. If I'm part of a gank and we win I get zero joy out of it, it is not challenging = not fun.

Side note: RvR is dead now, so the access to fair battles is very limited and this is killing the game for me at the moment..

Edit: Sorry for dragging it furter off topic :( 

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

@Slim McSauce just wants to nerf Ram Dinark. Hes tired of seeing how much better players are than him so he posts the same suggestion in every thread 😄

You do realize that that's only possible because unlimited repairs right? Again, you think that looks good but from the outside it looks like there's something actually wrong with the combat in this game when somehow a single player demolishes the other side in a 8v2.

It looks like there is no balance whatsoever, look at his health, look at all those shots on his hull, obviously a meta is being played that allows this sort of thing.
So if this is what a skilled player can do, then 5 skilled players are actually, literally, for all intents and purposes, unstoppable within any given battle.
Great balance there, even though it's not realistic and extremely arcade-y

Edited by Slim McSauce

7 hours ago, Stars and Stripes said:

This forum is becoming full of fairness and equal BR calls.

Guys this game has a sandbox MMO (pvp) war server. 

It also has a sandbox MMO (pve) peace server.

Choose one to play in.

This game in an MMORPG with the tag of sandbox.

The RPG part comes before sandbox always

Look up LightRP and DarkRP and you'll find out why most people prefer structure over a pure sandbox.

Edited by Slim McSauce

21 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

You do realize that that's only possible because unlimited repairs right? Again, you think that looks good but from the outside it looks like there's something actually wrong with the combat in this game when somehow a single player demolishes the other side in a 8v2.

It looks like there is no balance whatsoever, look at his health, look at all those shots on his hull, obviously a meta is being played that allows this sort of thing.
So if this is what a skilled player can do, then 5 skilled players are actually, literally, for all intents and purposes, unstoppable within any given battle.
Great balance there, even though it's not realistic and extremely arcade-y

Given that Ram dismasted (almost) every ship in that battle, I would bet that he did not need to repair as much as you think. But I don't know, I didn't watch the battle and I bet you didn't either. 

How is there something wrong with the combat in the game when some players are great captains and some players suck? There will always be differences in player skill level in every PvP game; thats what makes games fun and competitive. There are many battles where 1v3, 2v5, 5v10 is a fair battle based on differences in skill level. You said it yourself, "5 skilled players are actually, literally, for all intents and purposes, unstoppable" If you implement 1.5x BR then it is only helping the skilled players and making the fight LESS even for the lesser skilled players. Thats why the 1.5 BR thing is BS (because skill level is not taken into account). Your suggestion only works given that everyone is fighting on the same skill level, which is impossible. 

As Liq mentioned, suggest this for PvP zone RoE. I will support you there. Just not for entire OW RoE. 

• Like 1

Just now, Capn Rocko said:

Given that Ram dismasted (almost) every ship in that battle, I would bet that he did not need to repair as much as you think. But I don't know, I didn't watch the battle and I bet you didn't either. 

How is there something wrong with the combat in the game when some players are great captains and some players suck? There will always be differences in player skill level in every PvP game; thats what makes games fun and competitive. There are many battles where 1v3, 2v5, 5v10 is a fair battle based on differences in skill level. You said it yourself, "5 skilled players are actually, literally, for all intents and purposes, unstoppable" If you implement 1.5x BR then it is only helping the skilled players and making the fight LESS even for the lesser skilled players. Thats why the 1.5 BR thing is BS (because skill level is not taken into account). Your suggestion only works given that everyone is fighting on the same skill level, which is impossible. 

As Liq mentioned, suggest this for PvP zone RoE. I will support you there. Just not for entire OW RoE. 

Nope,  because balance is off to begin with. Any BR change without looking at core balance is the wrong way to go.
But clearly 5 players being unstoppable is a problem, intended or not. It's not balance.

a 2:1 should be about the hardest thing a captain can pull off, anything more is fantasy.

Edited by Slim McSauce