Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pirate Blackbeard

Reinforcement Zone Changed ?

Recommended Posts

OK.

So Last night I was skimming the R zone in a Herc on the North side of Jamaica and I spy a Brig.  I was with a fellow Pirate in a snow.

Being low life pirate scum we attacked with a hearty Hooray !

He was a rear admiral from SLRN. (fair game I think). 

He calls for reinforcements and Bang !!!

A Le Hermoine,

A Bellepoole

and 3 X Snows

 all appear and all at REAR ADMIRAL rank. (And yes all these ships were AI reinforcements.)

So 5 ship reinforcements for 2 attackers.

Is this a bug ? or is this a new mechanic ?

(Another pirate joined toward the end in a prince and another AI Navy Brig came in for the British side.)

NOTE *

This is a question about balance not  the merits of R zone or ganking.

We were on our way back from Tumbado where we had sunk a Russian Herc, Indefatigable and a Trincomelee.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 AI reinforcement ship per player.

Perhaps he had fleet ships, perhaps he was on an AI fleet when you tagged him. A screenshot would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be something new. I tagged a trader lynx in reinforcement zone yesterday. I was in Hercules and the reinforcements were 1 essex and 1 belle poulle. Those AI are pretty strong too. I think it is a good thing that reinforcements are better now, but this still doesn't solve the problem of requins that instaboard in the reinforcement zone.

Also, those reinforcements still didn't prevent me from killing the trader lynx.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

It seems to be something new. I tagged a trader lynx in reinforcement zone yesterday. I was in Hercules and the reinforcements were 1 essex and 1 belle poulle. Those AI are pretty strong too. I think it is a good thing that reinforcements are better now, but this still doesn't solve the problem of requins that instaboard in the reinforcement zone.

Also, those reinforcements still didn't prevent me from killing the trader lynx.

Well if its new, that's fine. 

Just needed to know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if BR-based reinforcements were ninja’d in like the shorter join time?  Makes sense.  

I also wish people would use their reinforcements correctly and stop running away from them.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I wonder if BR-based reinforcements were ninja’d in like the shorter join time?  Makes sense.  

I also wish people would use their reinforcements correctly and stop running away from them.  

Could be It would be nice to know @admin is this the case ?

Vernon, people still mange to get boarded by Requin's so using their reinforcements correctly is hoping for a lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I wonder if BR-based reinforcements were ninja’d in like the shorter join time?

Hey wait!  What shorter join time??!!??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I also wish people would use their reinforcements correctly and stop running away from them.  

Common sense is uncommon, sir. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pirate Blackbeard said:

So Last night I was skimming the R zone in a Herc on the North side of Jamaica and I spy a Brig.  I was with a fellow Pirate in a snow.
Being low life pirate scum we attacked with a hearty Hooray !

He was a rear admiral from SLRN. (fair game I think). 
He calls for reinforcements and Bang !!!  A Le Hermoine,  A Bellepoole  and 3 X Snows

So 5 ship reinforcements for 2 attackers.

I don't understand the combat mechanics in this game, but from a lay persons point of view, this appears like the Calvary coming to the rescue.  Perhaps the title of this thread should be "Reinforcement Zone Working".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this in the swedish reinforcementzone yesterday. Two 5th rates attacked and there where 4x 5th rates as reinforcements. Seems admin changed the amount but I do not find it in patchnotes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

You better not sit in port then ;) 

Geez, nobody even complained about the 3 min timer in OW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

I don't understand the combat mechanics in this game, but from a lay persons point of view, this appears like the Calvary coming to the rescue.  Perhaps the title of this thread should be "Reinforcement Zone Working".

I think the OP clearly asked if this had changed or if it was a bug and it seems it has.

It would be nice if the mini patches had notes attached so we knew rather than stumbled upon them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stars and Stripes said:

It would be nice if the mini patches had notes attached so we knew rather than stumbled upon them.

I agree.  I would love to hear more information.  But, much of the game mechanics/interaction is a mystery that players attempt to unravel. Could be to add an element of discovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what happened recently that we were not informed :)

1) Join timer out of green now, 1:28:45 latest ( I do not know the reason, effects mostly the trappers who hides away ?)

2) More and better ai reinforcement in greenzone (very good if these ships are not that stupid)

3) What else have you guys noticed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

?? not understanding. Why was i quoted !?

Because you clearly know more about it than the average player, presumably because of your mod/testing status, combined with the fact that the average player does not get consistent patch notes. And you acting snide with your winks only fuels resentment.

@admin Ninja patches are cancer and finding about shorter join timers or changes in reinforcement zone RoE through either surprise or having to read about it on the forums is just poor Early Access treatment of testers.  

We discovered the join timer changes yesterday as well, thankfully to our benefit, but the reinforcement changes are just papering over the fact that we need no-PvP safe zones with sane economic incentives, not stupid AI to help protect new players. This does nothing to protect against multiple Requin hunting fleets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Because you clearly know more about it than the average player, presumably because of your mod/testing status, combined with the fact that the average player does not get consistent patch notes. And you acting snide with your winks only fuels resentment.

@admin Ninja patches are cancer and finding about shorter join timers or changes in reinforcement zone RoE through either surprise or having to read about it on the forums is just poor Early Access treatment of testers.  

We discovered the join timer changes yesterday as well, thankfully to our benefit, but the reinforcement changes are just papering over the fact that we need no-PvP safe zones with sane economic incentives, not stupid AI to help protect new players. This does nothing to protect against multiple Requin hunting fleets. 

Well considering I informed Hethwill about the change in the join timer after reading YOUR post yesterday and testing it, I think you may be wrong here. 

Contrary to what many believe, mods are NOT developers and rarely get advanced notice of game changes.  

Trust me.  I’ve tried to pry info out of Heth MANY times and it’s usually pointless. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vernon Merrill said:

Well considering I informed Hethwill about the change in the join timer after reading YOUR post yesterday and testing it, I think you may be wrong here. 

Contrary to what many believe, mods are NOT developers and rarely get advanced notice of game changes.  

Trust me.  I’ve tried to pry info out of Heth MANY times and it’s usually pointless. 

I'm including most of us that have thousands of hours in game in that upper tier of knowledge holders (though I'd stand behind my opinion that there's asymmetry in knowledge dissemination from developers to certain parts of our community).

But the fact that any of us have to turn to the forum, or to less moderated fora for communication like our various Discords to conjecture about the mechanics and changes we see in an Early Access game we are supposed to be testing is just silly. And then, when people raise an eyebrow at a change that someone else already knows about and they're met with a flippant response? 

It's not good for the community.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how many times I said that, but this is funny every single time.

In 25 years of gaming experience, never before I played the game where there were some changes made and people were not told about them.

Seriously, I'm rather used to as precise patch notes as mentioning as small details as "Movement speed of xxx was changed by 1%" for every single change in the game.

 

It's just ridicoulus.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

You better not sit in port then ;) 

sorry, but we attacked @Sir Loorkon fleet yesterday in the Swedish waters, 1 ship undocked from the port and still joined right in time :) Maybe read your patch notes better... or.... wait... No patch notes, right. Shorter join timer, 2x more R Zone AI, undock timer still 2 minutes so someone just undocks 1-2 seconds before battle starts (10 sec tagging time) and still joins. Nothing changes, carry on. Ah, wait... Actually, something changed, you can't cancel/reset tagging. So you might start attacking someone and see how 10 more undocks and can't stop/prevent it/cancel tag. 

Edited by Polish Privateer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×