Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to add more dynamism for boarding and allow captains to resolve the boarding quicker against defensive or last click boarders. I did not like the low casualties from grenades cannons and mu

muskets are op. but will be fixed only after NEXT patch that we plan in the beginning of next week.

Nonsense. There is no need for boarding mods if you have the slightest idea what youre doing. You're and idiot if you pull a ship with as much or more crew than yourself and an even bigger one if you

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

*rams you upwind at 12 knots, rubs your ship for 2 minutes full rudder until in irons, press g. Click muskets. gg.

much skill, much tactics. you must feel so good.

 

Oh you poor helpless lamb.

Why don't you actually read other people's posts before trolling them.

I do not board.

I use anti boarding measures.

You need to stop crying and stop getting boarded.

Hope this helps, but somehow I doubt it. Admin now has a clear description of the war server and the peace server.

Other ships won't bully you so much on the peace server and won't try to board you unless you get caught in irons and have less crew so maybe that's more for you.

Edited by Flash Jack
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Flash Jack said:

Oh you poor helpless lamb.

Why don't you actually read other people's posts before trolling them.

I do not board.

I use anti boarding measures.

You need to stop crying and stop getting boarded.

Hope this helps, but somehow I doubt it. Admin now has a clear description of the war server and the peace server.

Other ships won't bully you so much on the peace server and won't try to board you unless you get caught in irons and have less crew so maybe that's more for you.

Anti Boarding mods are basically the same as boarding mods. You sounds like you really like clicking menus for combat, maybe a card game would be more suited for fans of boarding, this is a live action game with no need for rock paper scissor mechanics for one of the most important functions of ship combat.

Edited by Slim McSauce
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

rams you upwind at 12 knots, rubs your ship for 2 minutes full rudder until in irons, press g. Click muskets. gg.

much skill, much tactics. you must feel so good

What I find works against boarding ships is to keep your speed up and manual sail against them while firing at masts or sails.

If they start to turn into the wind even though you are manual sailing against them, don't depower or drop sails but neutralize them and turn with the boarder. He will 9 times out of 10 sail right past you and you can turn and rake his stern.

Then press f this sorts your sails out for you and your ship  will quickly accelerate.

The requin is easiest to avoid just stay upwind of him. He's useless then.

Also as others have said there are anti boarding mods which help you survive a rage boarder and disengage but I find it's not that hard to avoid a boarder and especially a rage boarder who will fight like a ship with no mods at all.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

*rams you upwind at 12 knots, rubs your ship for 2 minutes full rudder until in irons, press g. Click muskets. gg.

much skill, much tactics. you must feel so good.

 

Then let's talk tactics. If your opponent manages what you describe YOU did tactical mistakes before by allowing him what he did.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 3:57 AM, Barbancourt said:

Make boarding "blind".  We shouldn't be playing rock-paper-scissors and ping FTW.

Or we can just roll a dice. Completely random, so new players have a chance as well /s

 

 

I like the boarding system how it is. If you know the basics its almost impossible to lose with equal crew numbers without being able to disengage. A good small change would be to make your action lock in at the end of the current second, so ping doesnt matter unless you are above 700

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Boarding axes + boarding pikes= insta win vs any boarding ship. With one perm mod (thats pretty cheap) and one book you are almost un killable in boarding (1 turn disengage) if thats not a hard enough counter to boarding I do not know what you want.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

😂🤣🤡 what complete tosh !

A really good player would have some boarding MODS, its only the retards that don't have any boarding MODS and then come on here and cry about it when they get boarded and lose !

Fit a couple of mods and fight smart. 

Nonsense. There is no need for boarding mods if you have the slightest idea what youre doing. You're and idiot if you pull a ship with as much or more crew than yourself and an even bigger one if you get pulled. It's no guaranteed win. You never know what mods the opponent has. Boarding mods are the biggest waste of slots to anyone that has the slightest idea of what they are doing. The only way to be sure of not being hello kittyed is to kill at least 30% of the enemies crew. Everything else is a gamble. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

@HachiRoku I occasionally at most have 1 boarding mod on but mostly none does that make me a good player...lol... seriously though I don't mind boarding mini game. But with new musket mods being op it's taking the option away in most fights....So just sink it with ball and roll around in doubloons...

Edited by Spitfire83
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spitfire83 said:

@HachiRoku I occasionally at most have 1 boarding mod on but mostly none does that make me a good player...lol... seriously though I don't mind boarding mini game. But with new musket mods being op it's taking the option away in most fights....So just sink it with ball and roll around in doubloons...

Dude I love the mini game but I understand if others do not. It doesn't suit the rest of the game. Using 1 boarding mod is something I always recommend in PBs and pvp. You should know that. The reason I told people that is because no matter how good you plan shit always hits the fan. Ideally you don't need a single mod and uses the old rake tactics. Enemy ship will lack 30-40 moral when you pull and it's GG. Back in Gb we had one simple rule. No matter what situation you're in you never pull when Friendly's are downwind and not in position to rake. If executed correctly not a single mod is needed and boarding is done in less than 3 rounds. It worked well for the most part especially when Batman and I sniped frog masts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 8:28 PM, HachiRoku said:

A really good player(no Mods)  cannot beat a retard that knows the basics with full boarding mods in boarding. 

I think you are confused 🙄 ^^^you said this^^^ 

15 hours ago, Flash Jack said:

A really good player would have some boarding MODS, its only the retards that don't have any boarding MODS and then come on here and cry about it when they get boarded and lose !

I said this ^^^^^

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Nonsense. There is no need for boarding mods if you have the slightest idea what youre doing.

Then....... you said this. ^^^^ 

LMAO. 🤣

Thanks for arguing against my point, then agreeing to disagree with yourself, before, agreeing with me !

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, Flash Jack said:

I think you are confused 🙄 ^^^you said this^^^ 

I said this ^^^^^

Then....... you said this. ^^^^ 

LMAO. 🤣

Thanks for arguing against my point, then agreeing to disagree with yourself, before, agreeing with me !

 

Are you stupid? 

I said that there is no need for boarding mods If you know what you're doing. I tell people that ask for advice to take boarding mods because 90% of people can't sail. What's not to understand? 

You made a claim that good players use them and that is simply nonsense. 

What you fail to comprehend is that I am taking about 2 different situations. The first one is just about the boarding without any other input and the second one is combat overall. 

The boarding mini game in a 1v1 without any other combat input is simply broken. A fully boarding modded ship will kill a non boarding modded ship in a few turns with a crew loss of around 20% because all the boarding mods wreck moral. That is a guaranteed win with a 20% crew loss. 

All i said was that its easy to avoid boarding but I didn't say boarding mods were balanced. Good players avoid boarding mods because they choose when and who to board. If you have that choice you don't need the mods. 

A teak teak 5/5 ship with best mods ingame cannot sink a 3/5 ship with average mods and sail away with 80% hp. 

 

Your point was boarding mods are OK but people are just to stupid to use them. Boarding mods are OK for you because they are convenient for you personally. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

Just nerf boarding mods to half power. They will still be powerful. gg 

I wouldnt even do that. Well some of them need a balance but most should be deleted. It would reduce the amount of rage boarding if you had to plan, rake etc before pulling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 8:28 PM, HachiRoku said:

A really good player(no Mods)  cannot beat a retard that knows the basics with full boarding mods in boarding. 

 

7 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I said that there is no need for boarding mods If you know what you're doing.

I did wonder if you were just trolling or you were just a bit simple.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Edited by Flash Jack
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

The boarding mini game in a 1v1 without any other combat input is simply broken. A fully boarding modded ship will kill a non boarding modded ship in a few turns with a crew loss of around 20% because all the boarding mods wreck moral. That is a guaranteed win with a 20% crew loss. 

So it should. Fit some disengage mods and you will be fine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flash Jack said:

 

I did wonder if you were just tolling or you were just a bit simple.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

those 2 points have nothing to do with each other and every person with some common sense knows if you start quoting one line out of 20 you are nitpicking things out of context because you are desperately trying to win an argument you already lost.. 

let me explain to you really slowly so your small brain can comprehend what i mean.

1st. I said: "A really good player(no Mods)  cannot beat a retard that knows the basics with full boarding mods in boarding" I was talking about the relative strength of combat mods vs boarding mods.

Basically:

Good Player(shop ship) vs Average player (modded ship) = Good player will win combat because skill can make up for lack of mods.

Good player(shop ship) vs average player(boarding modded ship) in a boarding with equal crew = Good player has no chance because skill matters not in boarding.  

 

2nd "I said that there is no need for boarding mods If you know what you're doing" 

This part was a real life situation and had nothing to do with me comparing the strength of mods. The reason boarding mods don't matter is simple. If you are an average seal and dron441 rakes you to 50% of your crew and more importantly 50% of your moral dron441 will win. Maths says 50% x mod is still less than 100% x no mods.  Do you understand? 

Stop taking stuff out of context and don't try beating me in an argument. You will loose. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stars and Stripes said:

So it should. Fit some disengage mods and you will be fine.

and why is that? You know if the solution to a mod is another mod there is something wrong with the game right?

Take dismasting. If the game is not playable without mast mods its also broken. 

If certain mods are required for basic gameplay something in gamedesign has gone terribly wrong. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

and why is that? You know if the solution to a mod is another mod there is something wrong with the game right?

Take dismasting. If the game is not playable without mast mods its also broken. 

If certain mods are required for basic gameplay something in gamedesign has gone terribly wrong. 

And this is why muskets need to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

and why is that? You know if the solution to a mod is another mod there is something wrong with the game right?

Take dismasting. If the game is not playable without mast mods its also broken. 

If certain mods are required for basic gameplay something in gamedesign has gone terribly wrong. 

You can play the game without board mods. You really don't read anyone's post at all.

Stop ranting and crying like a baby.

Of course the solution to a mod is another mod. It's called choice you fool and that's what makes a game!

Don't get boarded in the first place but if you do, why do you think you should win without having any boarding mods. That's just Dumb.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

boarding mini game in a 1v1 without any other combat input is simply broken. A fully boarding modded ship will kill a non boarding modded ship in a few turns with a crew loss of around 20% because all the boarding mods wreck moral. That is a guaranteed win with a 20% crew loss. 

Your examples make no sense at all.

A fully modded ship with anything will always beat another who has no mods.

Player skill can't be factored into a game because you can't make rules for player  skill differences. 

Mods are what makes N.A. individual and how you deploy them is a choice you make.

Don't fit any board mods, that's fine but don't cry that boarders are killing you when you lose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pirate Blackbeard said:

Your examples make no sense at all.

A fully modded ship with anything will always beat another who has no mods.

Player skill can't be factored into a game because you can't make rules for player  skill differences. 

Mods are what makes N.A. individual and how you deploy them is a choice you make.

Don't fit any board mods, that's fine but don't cry that boarders are killing you when you lose.

You don't get it. Mods should give you and advantage that's the point. All I'm saying the advantage shouldn't as massive as it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...