Game-Labs Forum

5 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What's wrong with last click boarders? People should stop being idiots when boarding

Agree 100 %.

The  real N.A. broken mechanic is

VETERAN PLAYERS WHO CRY.

If players can't win at every aspect of this game then it's broken.

They sail with no board mods at all because they are greedy for reload/pen/speed and they cry when boarded.

There are several super save board mods.

Don't change the game for these fools.

5 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

What's wrong with last click boarders? People should stop being idiots when boarding.

I like the boarding mini game in all honesty but it doesn't fit into the game. Boarding should be about moral and that's is all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flash Jack said:

Agree 100 %.

The  real N.A. broken mechanic is

VETERAN PLAYERS WHO CRY.

If players can't win at every aspect of this game then it's broken.

They sail with no board mods at all because they are greedy for reload/pen/speed and they cry when boarded.

There are several super save board mods.

Don't change the game for these fools.

That is simply wrong. Most veterans would have no issues winning a boarding against trash like Gregory. In the end its only about prep and moral when it's between good boarders. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

That is simply wrong. Most veterans would have no issues winning a boarding against trash like Gregory. In the end its only about prep and moral when it's between good boarders. 

Regardless of who you are against, taking no boarding mods is fine if thats what players want to do.

But these are the ones that then cry, that the boarding game is broken, when they lose and they are boarded after their mast sniping or ship hugging or stern camping fails.

1 hour ago, Flash Jack said:

Regardless of who you are against, taking no boarding mods is fine if thats what players want to do.

But these are the ones that then cry, that the boarding game is broken, when they lose and they are boarded after their mast sniping or ship hugging or stern camping fails.

I often use marines to board and people don't complain. People complain if you head into battles with 6 boarding mods, pull once and its GG after 4 turns. There is nothing special in doing so. No skill, no tactics and just mods. Personally I believe boarding would be better with no mods whatsoever. It would give the gameplay overall more tactical depth. If you are in battle against a ship that is reload shocked or crew shocked it would have an effect on moral. Boarding is boring and doesn't require skill. Pulling an enemy ship should be a huge tactical choice. Atm it's: "I have a boarding ship I'm pulling" As soon as the so called "pro boarders" with 6 mods admit that we can then talk about improving it. 

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Says the, let me guess, 

Le Requin Rage Boarder, full of skill? @Flash Jack

It is funny how all that complains about muskets  and lack of “Skill”,  if 90% of combats are involving ganking parties and their  lack of honnor and skill implicit on that.  That said, im fine with muskeets. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Addiction?

An addiction needs solid ground. If I disguised the essence of this game - sailing combat - what's left to being addicted to? 

16 minutes ago, La bouche said:

It is funny how all that complains about muskets  and lack of “Skill”,  if 90% of combats are involving ganking parties and their  lack of honnor and skill implicit on that.  That said, im fine with muskeets. 

Honor is a non-valid value anymore in western civilizations. It's individualism and therefore one the purest of human nature that apply: greed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, La bouche said:

Well said Sir, well said.

They cry only because they don't have. Once they get their new shiny muskets it is all l2p and gear does not matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Most of the boarding game is determined by prep and the confidence of the person on the other side.

I've had some really interesting boardings in my time, Scipio when he was Dutch comes to mind.

So do I. By the amount of port battles you threw away 

6 hours ago, La bouche said:

If you disagree with my skill based statement I would like you to duel me 2 times. In the 1st duel we will have boarding only and I can take a full setup of boarding mods and you nothing. In the second duel you can take a modded ship vs me in an modded one for a combat duel. If you are average or above you will smash me in the combat duel BUT I promise you your ship will have way less HP compared to my crew in boarding duel. Pm me on steam if you want to try. 

Boarding mods are around 2x better at what they do compared to combat or speed mods. There is not even a debate there. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Says the, let me guess, 

Le Requin Rage Boarder, full of skill? @Flash Jack

LOL not me I am a carros and speed merchant. Never been good at boarding but I do fit Hand combat and disengage in 2 turns with a nice carro salvo.

What I do not do is moan and wring my hands because someone use's tactics which are different to me.

Fit some boarding mods. its all good.

Edited by Flash Jack
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 8:28 PM, HachiRoku said:

A really good player(no Mods)  cannot beat a retard that knows the basics with full boarding mods in boarding. 

In the end boarding lacks tactical depth. 

I know this topic is not about mods but it always ends up being about mods right. 

😂🤣🤡 what complete tosh !

A really good player would have some boarding MODS, its only the retards that don't have any boarding MODS and then come on here and cry about it when they get boarded and lose !

Fit a couple of mods and fight smart. 

Edited by Flash Jack
Spellfu%$er
  • Like 2