Game-Labs Forum

Doubloons in PvP/How to deal with counter ganks.

This is about not moving doubloons into your chest in OW and why I think it would be better if you could. 

I personally think there is a slight problem with not being able to move doubloons into your chest in open world. Me and smoe friends had multiple nice PvP fights we won but as soon as we got out we had a even larger fleet waiting for us to kill us all. this resulted in us destroying all our doubloons in our hold about 25k in total. In the end both sides lost more than they gained from 2-4hrs of PvP which doesn't fit with the theme "PvP should be rewarded".

So here is my suggestion. Allow players to move Doubloons to their chest in OW but make the chest even smaller. I would say maybe 2500-5000 Doubloons. That way players could after a big fight safe some of their rewards in their chest while usualy still having some in hold especially in bigger ships.

This would for one reward the side fighting the outnumbered side which gets attacked again and agin after with no chance of running away which would in my opinion lead to people being more willing to fight the second or third fight if they kno their ship is replaced with the doubloons they saved while it still gives a big reward to people catching others after a fight. 

With the current system thousends of doubloons are destroyed all the time to not let them go to the enemy which is in my opinion a bit of bad mechanic. 

Another idea to balance the smaller chest even better would be if chest size could be dynamic for ships. (eg 1st rate has 7.5k chest, 3rd rate 5k and so on). This would allow players to again move a certain ammount into their chest while running away after the first fight without ever having lower rank ships save a large ammount of doubloons. 

EDIT:

Changed topic name becuase many people had some nice suggestions not directly fitting the topic.

Edited by Mr Pellew
Hit enter by accident end posted to soon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

This is about 

I personally think there is a slight problem with not being able to move doubloons into your chest in open world. Me and smoe friends had multiple nice PvP fights we won but as soon as we got out we had a even larger fleet waiting for us to kill us all. this resulted in us destroying all our doubloons in our hold about 25k in total. In the end both sides lost more than they gained from 2-4hrs of PvP which doesn't fit with the theme "PvP should be rewarded"

I don't see this as a problem.  In fact, I suspect this is exactly what the Devs want.  If you are raiding in enemy waters, you risk it all.  I guess you stayed too long in the danger zone.  All you have to do is get into the nearest open port and load up your chest from there (unless your chest is overloaded already).  You can raid all day at KPR and empty you r Doubloons in La Navasse for instance.  I bet that's what Licinio does.

3 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't see this as a problem.  In fact, I suspect this is exactly what the Devs want.  If you are raiding in enemy waters, you risk it all.  I guess you stayed too long in the danger zone.  All you have to do is get into the nearest open port and load up your chest from there (unless your chest is overloaded already).  You can raid all day at KPR and empty you r Doubloons in La Navasse for instance.  I bet that's what Licinio does.

No we had one fight (17v4 in their favour and we won) and there was about 25 outside a fight outside the R-Zone. We wanted to leave asap after the first fight but couldn't. In the end we lost 2 bellonas and a 3rd rate while they lost a buc, bellona, 3rd rate and wasa. My point is we fought a super outnumbered fight. tryed to get away and got retagged. Sank one of them just for them to leave and retag outside again. 

Edited by Mr Pellew

Just now, traitorous mctraitoro said:

I found the problem.

When you dumped you doubloons they got destroyed. Next time keep them in your hold.

Why keep them if I know the spanish get them? I don't like a system that rewards prople waiting for hrs to attack someone until they run out of reps without ever giving them a chance to get away. So I can at least make the reward they get as small as possible.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The solution is far easier. Bring an alt with the fastest requin you can fit and trade him the doubloons.

if that's the solution I have to say game mechanics are failing hard.

This was a suggestion to avoid exactly those exploits.

Edited by Mr Pellew
  • Like 1

If you go to another nation to fight, you will play. You can come back with a big booty or you can come back with nothing. You came back with nothing, it's part of the current game. That you destroy the doubloons seems to me the worst. Destroying doubloons should be prohibited.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ivan87 said:

If you go to another nation to fight, you will play. You can come back with a big booty or you can come back with nothing. You came back with nothing, it's part of the current game. That you destroy the doubloons seems to me the worst. Destroying doubloons should be prohibited.

Ganking players immediately after they fought 1,5 hours should be prohibited.

• Like 4

The only problem I see here is that you bast**** destroyed the doubloons.. I like the fact that you have to carry your loot around with you in the hold until you get to a port, gives other players a chance to get your loot and this is fun IMO. If you are allowed to move doubloons to your wallet/chest in OW, then it should drop doubloons from that chest when you die imo.

I vote make doubloons indestructible! xD

• Like 4

Just now, Ivan87 said:

I don't agree that destroying doubloons should be prohibited.  I do agree that if you raid in a high risk area, you are probably going to be destroyed.  There are pages of forum feedback on super gank squads waiting outside a battle though.  It's far too easy to wait outside a battle and know exactly where the enemy will appear. I'm not saying they deserved to get away with their loot, but they should have had a sporting chance.

Okay make them so they can not be destroyed than.

Also I don't agree with your point. You only get back with "big booty" if you go in small groups. If you go in small groups you get tagged until you sink. @admin suggested in a thread about missions for new players to send them to enemy safezone so they want you to go to enemy waters. Also PvP is dead if everyone just buggers arroud their own ports.

So why not combine our suggestions. Make it so they can not be destroyed but allow players to secure a certain ammount. Seems like a win-win situation to me than

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

The only problem I see here is that you bast**** destroyed the doubloons.. I like the fact that you have to carry your loot around with you in the hold until you get to a port, gives other players a chance to get your loot and this is fun IMO. If you are allowed to move doubloons to your wallet/chest in OW, then it should drop doubloons from that chest when you die imo.

I vote make doubloons indestructible! xD

Tell me you wouldn't destroy doubloons if you sank a few people and saw 25 outside on the OW with knowing you have no chance to run away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

Tell me you wouldn't destroy doubloons if you sank a few people and saw 25 outside on the OW with knowing you have no chance to run away.

I would, and I don't have a problem with this.  Until they fix the escape from battle mechanic, the gank squads have it too easy.  They still got the doubloons that spawn when you sink.

• Like 1

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

I would, and I don't have a problem with this.  Until they fix the escape from battle mechanic, the gank squads have it too easy.  They still got the doubloons that spawn when you sink.

totaly agree there. counter ganking is to valid already. Don't punish those few bringing PvP even more.

20 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't agree that destroying doubloons should be prohibited.  I do agree that if you raid in a high risk area, you are probably going to be destroyed.  There are pages of forum feedback on super gank squads waiting outside a battle though.  It's far too easy to wait outside a battle and know exactly where the enemy will appear. I'm not saying they deserved to get away with their loot, but they should have had a sporting chance.

The real problem is that the current doubloon system is not balanced. You do not get a reward equivalent to the risk.

The real problem is that the current doubloon system is not balanced. You do not get a reward equivalent to the risk.

OP says they had 25K Doubloons between them.  That's a pretty good haul.  PVP is quite rewarding if you live to spend it.  PVE Kill missions don't indicate a great reward, but I don't know if you can loot them as I don't do them.

I think the failing part of the game here is not that they could attack you but that if you fought for 1.5 hrs that's enough time to travel across 30% of the world map. Unpopular opinion maybe, but I think once a battle is closed, no one should be able to see it's location. In 1.5 hrs you probably would've sailed far from the initial battle location so it would've been much harder to get ambushed if there was no way to determine the exact position of it.

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ivan87 said:

You can do ganking but you can not suffer ganking ... strange concept of justice...

No, ganking attackers is part of the open world I guess, but not having a chance to log out for 5+ hours straight in a game is just bs.

Let defenders log out and go to sleep after a battle.

• Like 1

Yup, this is a perfect example of "be careful what you ask for". You won't be able to save your doubloons from other players, but your prayers might get answered in the form of admin making it impossible to destroy or throw doubloons overboard. Bad mechanic fixed!

45 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

I would not.

In the past I have deleted repair hauls just to deny it to my enemy, but I regretted doing because - what a waist! So decided not to repeat it, hunters should be rewarded for sailing around in OW. If I'm in a single trader I will delete trade goods to increase my speed, but I will under no circumstances delete sealed bottles, doubloons or books just to deny it to my enemy. I love loot a lot more than I hate my enemies, you guys should be thankful for this 😄

• Like 7