Game-Labs Forum

5 mod slots all ships.

All ships should get their full 5 mod slots, whether it be from a crafted refit for the ship or a separate XP bar to unlock those mods with that specific ship.
Look at this screenshot https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1568715798
That's what most ships in the game should look like (with full knowledge slots) not the top 5% of players which become ever better through complete arbitration
4-5 slots for regular crafted ships, 3 for captured, 4 for admiralty redeem.
Enough of this skill gaping, ships should be balanced not all over the place.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

we actually sank a lot of ppl in 5/5 and 4/5 ships the last days while getting ganked. Any info who this 5% top players are?

Most good players are good because they understood that you can win a battle in any random 3/5 sab sab ship so they actually take these small shitships and do battles and get the experience in sailing which is the most important part.

Most good players are good because they can afford the best upgrades - regardless of the number of upgrade slots.

Just now, Lars Kjaer said:

Most good players are good because they can afford the best upgrades - regardless of the number of upgrade slots.

When equally skilled players meet the ships decide the fight.

99.99% of the time the players (numbers, coordination, leadership, skill) decide the fight.

I have seen hundreds of screenshots that corroborate this. 

• Like 5

1. Purple or golden ships sink like any other, it's the Captain who determines a ships fate - agreed to  @RedNeckMilkMan 

2. If you want to decrease the skill gap created by mods, you will want less slots rather than more. More means experienced players will use these slots wisely and new players/poor players will only fit what they have aka pumps, basic ballast relay and all the other stuff noone needs.

3. Putting a Naval Clock on a Fir Crew Space ship of war should be a bannable offense

• Like 5

Acting like if the effects or a 5/5 builds  don't exists is silly, of course this gives an edge when your ship can be both the fastest around (picking the fight you want) while keeping the same thickness & or masts than default or better  (no downsides) or mega repair mods..  Yes this is a huge advantage in general, even if this can loose in battle instance vs a better captain in basic ship, or a boarding build for exemple

That being said, putting that much money on a fir crew space ship is also a huge risk we can see because right now money & econ is not a factor anymore for a lot of clans / vets , as we sit on billions.

Giving 5/5 ships to everyone (anyone can already craft one) will solve nothing as noobs will rarely get access to copper platings, cartagena,  etc.. and acquire the experience to stay alive long enough with it to learn how to get the max out of it.  & 5/5 basic mods don't do much.

After the wipe, you will not find that many gold build, keeping them rare & random is good.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

I have made 1 golden ship so far, oak/oak Indiman - and some filthy pirates sunk it yesterday! xD
I like it the way it is right now, give us some extra thrill when crafting. Getting a super ship is extremely rare and seriously all the times I'm so sure the opponent has a purple or golden ship, 9/10 times it's just a good player with decent upgrades and skill books in a normal blue ship. So I do not see an issue here and I would like to keep it as it is.

Edit: Would like to ad that I know it is stupid but it is just how I'm made, so if I ever get a good line ship I'm sure I would put all my best mods on that baby and just have it collect dust in the docks, because I would not dare to sail here out in fear of loosing it.. xD
❤️my pixels!

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

All ships should get their full 5 mod slots, whether it be from a crafted refit for the ship or a separate XP bar to unlock those mods with that specific ship.
Look at this screenshot https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1568715798
That's what most ships in the game should look like (with full knowledge slots) not the top 5% of players which become ever better through complete arbitration
4-5 slots for regular crafted ships, 3 for captured, 4 for admiralty redeem.
Enough of this skill gaping, ships should be balanced not all over the place.

Its not just the slots, although this is not a bad idea.  It's the mods.  Take a highly skilled player with all slots and the best mods, and he's simply unbeatable and not even worth fighting.  Sure there are a few other players who can compete, but for the most part, either run or surrender.  There are a couple of players out there that I will not even bother to try and survive against.  They've got POODs, unbelievable repairs, incredible armour and of course, they are highly skilled as well.  I cant even learn anything from a battle because it's an F-18 against a Sopwith Camel. 

Just now, Poryv said:

stop complaining about gear and

get good

Typical nonsense post from someone who doesn't get it.  Gear is everything in this game.  The whining and threats of quitting if there is any hint that gear would get wiped says it all.  I've said it before, an elite player is still elite if all the gear was gone.  With the best gear, the elite players are untouchable and its pointless to fight them.

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Typical nonsense post from someone who doesn't get it.  Gear is everything in this game.  The whining and threats of quitting if there is any hint that gear would get wiped says it all.  I've said it before, an elite player is still elite if all the gear was gone.  With the best gear, the elite players are untouchable and its pointless to fight them.

Gear is not worth much in my opinion. Just as easy to sink a 'elite' player with his 'elite' ships in my cheap ass ships than my normal ones. It is hard to catch him though but that's it.

Unless they have that chaingun upgrade 1777

Just now, Sir Loorkon said:

You have not said anything about multireps and OW ROE BR limit. So please, have the last words as always please:

I have said so much on both those on separate topics. Yes multi reps above 3 are bad, yes grape is OP and needs a limit, yes battles would be better on average if there was some sort of BR limit paired with extended timers.

Gear fear is the biggest factor in losing s battle.

Two player will always be different skill levels.

Mods are available for all.

To try and dumb down the game for some kind of fair system  which negates another players inherent skilli is simply stupid and not needed and frankly impossible.

Edited by Stars and Stripes
  • Like 1

5 slot ships aer only used by veterans, good pvp guys with lots of money. In the hands of not so good pvp player, casual player etc. that ship stays in docks or be sold.

RNG loot box of 5 slot or golden or purple ships are only good for the elite, as they have resources to afford to buy or craft ships until they craft a good one.

RNG systems makes the strongest more stronger. An average Joe will not be able to use his super ships with maximum effeciency, but very good player will use it to it's limits, just like the rare books discussion.

I do believe that only 3/5 ship system was much better. 4/5 is kind of okay but 5/5 just too strong.

Just go try to sink that very good player who has Guacata Superior / northern master carpet / elite french / cartagena / navy hull and redoubtable trim ship with your 3/5. Good luck.

Making a 1/5 - 5/5 system is just unrealistic and stupid. Why 3/5 instead of 5/5, that ship does not have a space ? I am good with ship trims.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:14 AM, Slim McSauce said:

Look at this screenshot

Since the ship is not completely visible, I took the liberty to add a complete picture of it sailing in rough sea.

1.jpg

Pretty majestic sealing boat...

As for the slots... I don't think that is the problem really. The actual problem is mods being too powerful. If mods were more balance, 1-2 more slots wouldn't be as much of an advantage as it is now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

5 slot ships aer only used by veterans, good pvp guys with lots of money. In the hands of not so good pvp player, casual player etc. that ship stays in docks or be sold.

Don't confuse new players and veteran players with what you do. If your to cowardly or afraid to use your good ships then that's on you.

I' m neither a veteran or that good. I use my gold ship. WHEN IT SINKS, which it will I will cry for a while.

It's pixels. Stop worrying about what other people are doing and play the game!!